Who would like to get the original YIJ Chronicles?

the Fiddler

I posted this over at indyfan.com, but that place seems dead, and I didn't get a whole lot of response, but I have added the little input I have received, to this post:

Assuming that when they realease the Young Indy DVD's they will be the new edits (with two original episodes as a single "movie"), and not the original TV episodes, there should be some attempt to make the originals available to those who would like them.

Never one to suggest someone do something without being willing to do it myself. I wanted to see what kind of support I'd get if I were to attempt such a project. So I guess I'm posting to see if anyone is interested???

VCD's are my new favorite form of preservation, since they're approximately the same quality as VHS, only digital, so they don't loose quality over time. That is probably the format I would target, with others available. And of course it would all be volunteer and free, so as not to step on any toes (infringe copyrights).

To follow one idea behind making a high-quality transfer to digital, I know they whole series was released on LaserDisc in Japan. They are in English with Japanese subtitles. LD would definitely be the highest quality source I know of. Let me know if you know anything about any othe LD's, or perhaps Beta tapes (professional, not recorded), or were there VHS releases of the original episodes anywhere or at anytime?

Thanks in advance for any input of your knowledge.

--the Fiddler

Canyon

Indy Smith

I wouldn't mind seeing the oriignals re-run on Tv with the old Indy bookends. I always liked it when old indy gave his two cents worth at the end. it made it feel like an old fasioned story and brough a feeling of that it actually might have happened.

Wilhelm

Here, in Spain, they were available on Video: 12 episodes of the original series (50 min).

Also, on TV, we could see unaired episodes like "Prague, 1917", "Florence, May 1908" or "Transylvania, January 1918". And the two independent episodes of "Chicago 1920" and "Hollywood, 1920" with the original bookends of George Hall.

the Fiddler

Yeah, I'm aware of most all of this.

Thanks for your input though.

I've kinda put this idea on hold for two reasons:

1) As of now, I'm not sure if the original episodes, or the new 'movie' versions will be put on the DVD 'educational' release. If they are the original episodes, then people can just buy them. So I'm waiting to hear something official on that. If anyone hears anything, please let me know.

2) LaserDisc seems to be the best source. Problem is the only full 16 episode set I could find, was an aucition that started at $300. I just don't have that kind of money to throw around right now.

Thanks,

J

Jedi Daniel

I really hope they release the Indy Chronicles in a DVD Box Set. Would be fantastic :)

00Kevin

Indyfan
I'ld like to see "curse of the jackle" as it is supose to be scene. with both part

they really chopped it up and ruined it

if they could get Harison Ford to do bookends like they did for 'mystery of the blue', it would be perfect....would help sales too ;)