'Playing' with toys

Marcus Jones

Now I know most of you are probably adults on these forums, but do any of you ever find yourself 'playing' with action figures? You know, moving them about and making them fight each other, etc. Obviusly not collectors models, but any toys, not neccesarily Indy ones.

I'm 13 and I still do it!:eek:
When the new Lego Indy sets come out, I'll probably end up playing with them!!!:p

So, come on, do any of you want to confess to 'playing' with your figures like me?

sarah navarro

Im not an adult but me and my brother found ourselves with a Han solo figure and chewbacca (while listening to the cantina band song)and they were break dancing ,its cool to have some fun once in a while:p

Kingsley

At 13... many years ago for me!!
I think at that age I played for the last times... I remember my old He-Man Toys being blown in the air with pyrotechnic near Christmas time. And the poor Man-At-Arms being literally burned down in his "last adventure". :dead:

I think it was my way to say goodbye to that part of my life. A kind of viking funeral perhaps? ;)

Indy's Fist

I prefer to display my toys. I'm a avid collector & I hate to just leave stuff in storage. Besides most people who come to my place just love seeing my collections.

tnswman

Indy's Fist said:
I prefer to display my toys. I'm a avid collector & I hate to just leave stuff in storage. Besides most people who come to my place just love seeing my collections.

I spent THOUSANDS on building my Hobby room where my Action figures are displayed....I LOVE to hold and look at the figures but unless I am playing with my kids, I do not EVER even think about playing with the figures...Now, I am 32 and have soooo many vivid memories of spending YEARS of my life playing with action figures.. they were my LIFE as I was an only child.

However, Now that I have then displayed perfectly, It's more of a hassle for me to move them unless it is cleaning time.

Now, I have 2 Gigantic storage houses that are full of justabout EVERY action figure and toy soldier line created from 1966-2007. If I ever started playing, It's all I would get done LOL!

I don't 'play' with them as in making them fight, but I do have them displayed from different scenes from Raiders. I like moving them around a bit to try and make it look a bit better. I also try and find props, like hay, to make it look different. I'm actually only in need of a table, for when Belloq and Marion are drinking, and some sort of pole to tie Marion and Indy to for the end scene. I'm going to have more fun I'm sure when the new figures and Lego come out. I'm going to have to make just one display case for Raiders and find other cases for the other movies.

EvilDevo

sarah navarro said:
Im not an adult but me and my brother found ourselves with a Han solo figure and chewbacca (while listening to the cantina band song)and they were break dancing ,its cool to have some fun once in a while:p

LOL awesome

Indy_Chic

My little kid brother has an amazing collection of Star Wars Lego. He plays with them on occassion and creates the craziest adventures. (And sometimes, I do play along with the Lego too, but shhhhhhh!, don't tell anyone! :eek: LOL)
I think the last game played involved Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan and Yoda taking some clone troopers on a camping trip but they were captured by Jabba the Hutt and locked away in his prison. Luke Skywalker was about to rescue them when the palace was bombarded by my brothers Transformers toys. LOL! Kids sure do have imaginations!! :D

Mr. Fusion

Well, I turn 20 in January, and I occasionally pose and re-pose my figures and sometimes make them "talk." But I would call it "playing with"... even though it really is.:eek: ;)

Little Indy

I'm a bit past 13 and I still "play" with my action figures. I'm a big kid. I mostly set them up in poses but everyonce in awhile I'll have a fight, or a love scene like in the movie Spaceballs.

Katarn07

I stopped playing with action figures too late in my life. I had to be 11 or so. Boys grow up slower than girls do! Anywho, I repose some of my action figures when I dust them so in a sense, that's playing with them. I wouldn't think so, but a noncollector would raise eyebrows at me for doing that for sure.