What happens after Doom?

JediIndy

Does anyone have any ideas or is their any information on the events which immediately occured right after Doom? Obviously Indy, Willie and Shorty travelled to Delhi but what then? Where did they go, directly to America. Or did they have more mini adventures? Is their any official fiction or fan fiction about this? How long did Willie and Indy stay together before they broke up?

My idea is that they eventually got to America had a few minor misadventures in Delhi and San Francisco and Willie eventually got a night club job in San Francisco or wherever and Indy began teaching again in College. Wan Li (Shortround ) was put in a boarding school while Indy found some parents that could adopt him. Some hot dates with Willie and some hot sex the relationship fizzles within a year and Willie gets another gig in New York and Indy goes on another adventure abroad. Well that's my 2 cents on the events after Temple. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

IAdventurer01

I think you have the likely events correct. My interpretation would add very little for discussion because it would only be a slight variant from yours.

C'mon, people. This is a good thread. Post something!

IndyBuff

I think it can be whatever you choose for it to be. One of the great things about the Indy universe is that you can use your imagination and come up with your own timeline and ideas. If you think they had more adventures after Doom, then go for it and turn it into a cool piece of fan fiction or add it to your own timeline. If you think they simply went back to Delhi and never saw each other again then that's fine too. There's really no right or wrong answer.:gun:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I agree with Indybuff. I alo agree with the events that JediIndy has put in place. Really as Indyfans, it only would be fitting that we'd be like historians and archaeologists, putting the pieces of history together.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The novelization ends with something line "they all made it to the states, but that is another story."

If you want to include the "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" ride as canon, as I do, it may require Indy putting the others on a boat or plane and staying in India. The letters placed around the ride suggest Indy found the Temple in 1935 with Sallah's help, left, and returned to India in 1936 to rescue the tourists. (I'd rather it all take place in 1935, and other discrepancies changed like letters from Abner, but I think it's still worthy of its own chapter.)

Skipper

One of the great things about the Indy universe is that you can use your imagination and come up with your own timeline and ideas.
What?! This might make sense if we just had the 3 films, but there are a ton of books and Young Indiana Jones episodes that fill out quite a bit of the timeline. Sure, there are still some gaps in the timeline, but not nearly as many as with most fictional characters. Thus I fail to see how this is one of the "great things about the Indy universe."

qwerty

I do not know about the rest of you but for me only those three movies matter. All the books and YIJC are just attempts to redo the master work of those three movies. I do not take them seriously. I only see the movies as true interpretation of the character of Indiana Jones.

Gustav

Same here, qwerty. I read one book and it had someone named Indiana Jones in it but it couldn't have been the same guy. I thought the book would have been better if it was in its own series with a different protagonist.

"All the books and YIJC are just attempts to redo the master work of those three movies. I do not take them seriously."
Hear hear!

The bits of Young Indy that I've seen have mostly been really awful, and have not encouraged me to look any further.... They're almost as bad as the excerpts of the Indy books I've skimmed which scan like bad highschool fiction at best.

IkoJones

qwerty said:
All the books and YIJC are just attempts to redo the master work of those three movies. I do not take them seriously. I only see the movies as true interpretation of the character of Indiana Jones.

Well, I think that YIJC should be taken seriously at least for one simple reason: it was created, or at least supported (I dont mean the marketing point of view) by George Lucas, the creator of Indy himself. Thus is the series almost equal to the films for me, at least from the story side. And I like Indy as a beleaveable hero (you know what I mean: he could actually take part in those adventures), which I think, made him so famous and favourite among others.

I know nothing about the novels, I have read none of them. (hard to get them here, anyway;) ).

:hat: Ico

surfengine

qwerty said:
I do not know about the rest of you but for me only those three movies matter. All the books and YIJC are just attempts to redo the master work of those three movies. I do not take them seriously. I only see the movies as true interpretation of the character of Indiana Jones.
I'll take it one step further (although probably not very popular).
The only one that matters is Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The other 2 movies were poor adeptations of Raiders.
I mean... Indy's dad is a bumbling idiot? Not likely.

JK_Antwon

the idea of Wille being a singer in San Francisco, could be how she gets in Indy 4. She could eb a singer where ever Indy goes!:D

oki9Sedo

JK_Antwon said:
the idea of Wille being a singer in San Francisco, could be how she gets in Indy 4. She could eb a singer where ever Indy goes!:D

I really hate the idea of squeezing all the characters from the original trilogy into Indy IV, like Willie, Marion, Sallah, Indy Sr etc. It's its own adventure, just like the original three were, and should be treated as such, rather than like a Friends reunion special.

Misha

JediIndy said:
Does anyone have any ideas or is their any information on the events which immediately occured right after Doom? Obviously Indy, Willie and Shorty travelled to Delhi but what then? Where did they go, directly to America. Or did they have more mini adventures? Is their any official fiction or fan fiction about this? How long did Willie and Indy stay together before they broke up?

My idea is that they eventually got to America had a few minor misadventures in Delhi and San Francisco and Willie eventually got a night club job in San Francisco or wherever and Indy began teaching again in College. Wan Li (Shortround ) was put in a boarding school while Indy found some parents that could adopt him. Some hot dates with Willie and some hot sex the relationship fizzles within a year and Willie gets another gig in New York and Indy goes on another adventure abroad. Well that's my 2 cents on the events after Temple. Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I could easily see that happen. Though I did hear from a reliable source Willy took off to marry some guy wearing a baselball hat :p

Uki

I heard that too, Misha. He was some artsy Jewish guy who had big plans for the motion picture industry or something...;)