Who is Hotter, Leia, or Padme?

• Leia

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Padme

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jay R. Zay

actually, "hot" is probably not what leia was supposed to be. that's rather padme's job and the difference between old movies like episode4-6 and "the new ****".

IndyBuff

Jay R. Zay said:
actually, "hot" is probably not what leia was supposed to be. that's rather padme's job and the difference between old movies like episode4-6 and "the new ****".

Jay, I thought you were going to place a write-in vote for the blue lady with the tenticles on her head. ;)

TombReader

'actually, "hot" is probably not what leia was supposed to be'

Leia wasn't supposed to be hot?Is that why they put her in that metal bikini then?

Write in vote for the blue lady with the tentacles on her head. :D

Jay R. Zay

TombReader said:
'actually, "hot" is probably not what leia was supposed to be'

Leia wasn't supposed to be hot?Is that why they put her in that metal bikini then?

actually, that is a short part in one of three episodes. she is a main character in all of these episodes. and you think her character is defined by the only time you had a reason to look at her?

Jay R. Zay

personally, i prefer leia, too, i just think that she is not "hot". not even supposed to be. let's say both fit to the movies they appear in. padme is a girlie, for the average teenie audience in a standard sci-fi action movie. leia is a woman in a magical adventure. the princess. that's what movies were like back then and padme is what movies are like today. easy, direct, much to see, few details. that padme is the idol of modern fans isn't surprising. as well as the amount of CGI and the ecstasy of the younger fans about this CGI isn't surprising.

Tom Jones

Even though Padme is better looking, Leia has a deeper character. Han must have seen something in her. I think he liked the way she'd always have a comeback for everything he'd say. Kind of like Marion did for Indy. ;)

TombReader

Jay R. Zay said:
actually, that is a short part in one of three episodes. she is a main character in all of these episodes. and you think her character is defined by the only time you had a reason to look at her?

What the hell?Did I say that her character was defined by that costume?If you're going to attack my posts,then attack the things I say,not the things I don't say.

Amateur.

Personally,I thought that Leia was most attractive in that gown that she wore at the end of Ep.IV.That costume suited her character much better,IMO.

Last edited:

Deadlock

Jay R. Zay said:
personally, i prefer leia, too, i just think that she is not "hot". not even supposed to be. let's say both fit to the movies they appear in. padme is a girlie, for the average teenie audience in a standard sci-fi action movie. leia is a woman in a magical adventure. the princess. that's what movies were like back then and padme is what movies are like today. easy, direct, much to see, few details. that padme is the idol of modern fans isn't surprising. as well as the amount of CGI and the ecstasy of the younger fans about this CGI isn't surprising.

Bravo and well said.

Jay R. Zay

thanks deadlock. and @tombreader: come on, take it easy. you said what you said, i said what i said.

"Leia wasn't supposed to be hot?Is that why they put her in that metal bikini then?"

this is something of the "what you said" category, isn't it?

and this...:

"actually, that is a short part in one of three episodes. she is a main character in all of these episodes. and you think her character is defined by the only time you had a reason to look at her?"

... is my reply. i think it is really understandable what i'm talking about and no need to scratch my eyes out. okay? ;)

TombReader

'...and you think her character is defined by the only time you had a reason to look at her?'

This is the part that I'm having the problem with.You make it a point to misread people's posts,and then make whatever mis-informed opinions you like to bat them over the head with.You also make it a point that Padme is somehow a dumbed-down version of what you think Leia represented and my contention is why should we diminish her character because of the costume(s) she wore,when Leia also wore revealing clothes?

While I don't think that either costume really defined either character,I also don't think either costume(or lack thereof)diminished their character in any way.How you've managed to get what you seem to think out of my post is beyond me. :confused:

Last edited:

Jay R. Zay

TombReader said:
Actually,no I don't.You make it point to misread people's posts,and then make whatever mis-informed opinions you like to bat them over the head with.You also make it a point that Padme is somehow a dumbed-down version of what you think Leia represented and my contention is why should we diminish her character because of the costume(s) she wore,when Leia also wore revealing clothes.

While I don't think that either costume really defined either character,I also don't think either costume(or lack thereof)diminished their character in any way.

now we know almost everything you *didn't* say and *didn't* think. how about a single explanation of what you *did* mean, of how else i could have understood this line:

"Leia wasn't supposed to be hot?Is that why they put her in that metal bikini then?"

or perhaps, what offends you so much about my reply that you make such a fuss about it? you said "leia *was* supposed to be hot, she wore a metal bikini". i said "no, she wasn't, this sequence was a short part of episode III, which again is a short part of the trilogy". this means "the fact that leia wore a metal bikini in episode III doesn't make her a character that was supposed to be 'hot'".

got it? i wouldn't call han solo a "romantic character" just because he gets leia in the end, either. he's the action man, luke is mr. nice guy and leia is the princess. it's not like han solo is the great lover, luke is a dramatic character torn between dark and light and leia is the hot sexy chick.

todays movies are about sex, yesterdays movies were about love. prefer what you will, it doesn't really matter for this question that we are ridiculously battling about right now.

TombReader

'it's not like han solo is the great lover, luke is a dramatic character torn between dark and light and leia is the hot sexy chick...'

Uh,have you even seen those movies?Han's character arc is that he goes from being a selfish person to being a selfless person and a lover for Leia.What is Luke if not a dramatic character torn between his own light and darkness,and(to an extent)Leia was the sexy chick.Her uncoventional character made her attractive,moreso than her physical beauty or her costumes,IMO.

'todays movies are about sex, yesterdays movies were about love

'Shrek 2' was about sex?'Deep Throat' was about love? :p

roundshort

How could this question ever coemt o light Portman in SWII, DAMN, that tight wite shirt,

Portman hottey teen in Dasiy Dukes soaping up her car on a hot summer day
Fisher some granny thing even in Jedi in the metal suit . . .ugh

Must tell you something about the people who voted for Leia, oh well fat chicks need lovin' also

roundshort

PAdme has it all once again I must ask you all to watcht he second movie, i know how painful it is to watch any of them but . . .

Portman Harvard
Carrie Fisher Betty Ford

Pale Horse

Staff member
Whose your father now?

leia7.jpg