TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Rey is the progeny of...
Luke & (Mara?) 5 50.00%
Obi Wan & (Satine?) 4 40.00%
Qui Gon & (Shmi?) 0 0%
Anakin & (midi-chlorians?) 0 0%
Palpatine or/and Dooku 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #26
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

If they kill off Luke I'm going to boycott these new Star Wars movies.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #27
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
Not a bad title. It could be seen as being either singular or plural. So far Disney is two for two and I'm expecting this one to be just as solid.

It's singular:

Quote:
Episode VII
THE FORCE AWAKENS

Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

Read More:
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #28
curmudgeon
IndyFan

It's also in context for that point of time. Luke's the "Last Jedi"... for the moment, and not necessarily the last ever.

That was the whole point of the First Order trying to find him in the last film. Snoke even says something to the effect of "If we don't find him first, the new Jedi will rise."
curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:32 PM   #29
Moedred
Administrator

An update from Iger, definitely retiring July 2, 2019, mapping out the next 15 years of Star Wars:
Quote:
We had to deal with tragedy at the end of 2016. Carrie appears throughout VIII. We are not changing VIII to deal with her passing. Her performance remains as it is in VIII. In Rogue One, we had some digital character. We are not doing that with Carrie.
Edit: the Star Wars talk starts here at 25:45.

Last edited by Moedred : 03-27-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:09 AM   #30
curmudgeon
IndyFan

Old 04-15-2017, 09:46 PM   #31
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the trailer. I don't put much stock in them anyway, as I'm sure the film will be fantastic, but it doesn't get me as excited as the one for Episode VII did.

I also hope Rey comes from a completely different line. I don't think everything in Star Wars needs to be related or intertwined. It would be nice to see someone without any ties to current characters pop up for a change.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #32
Pale Horse

I'm one with the hype; the hype is with me.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:15 PM   #33
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the trailer. I don't put much stock in them anyway, as I'm sure the film will be fantastic, but it doesn't get me as excited as the one for Episode VII did.

I think Star Wars hype has reached its peak with the "Chewie We're Home!" line from the trailer for Episode VII, seeing Han Solo for the first time in 32 years. Everything else is downhill from that.

Will still see it in theaters of course, but the "one Star Wars film a year" thing is sort of taking away the novelty of the event of a new Star Wars flick.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:22 AM   #34
curmudgeon
IndyFan

The best observation I've seen about the teaser is that it's meant to intrigue the viewer rather than blow them away with spectacle. It's supposed to make you wonder why Luke would walk away from it all, and if he can be coaxed back.

And out of all the trailers since that second Force Awakens teaser, this one is probably the least reliant on nostalgia. Most of the references to or appearances by original trilogy elements are either brief, distant, shadowed, or barely audible. Elements and characters that are new to this film or from the last film are mostly seen close up, or taking up the majority of the frame in comparison to any other elements.

Maybe that change in direction from the other films' trailers is a miscalculation on their part, but it's interesting.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #35
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
I think Star Wars hype has reached its peak with the "Chewie We're Home!" line from the trailer for Episode VII, seeing Han Solo for the first time in 32 years. Everything else is downhill from that.

Will still see it in theaters of course, but the "one Star Wars film a year" thing is sort of taking away the novelty of the event of a new Star Wars flick.

That may be part of it. I do like that the trailer doesn't give much away, which is a nice change of pace.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #36
Moedred
Administrator

Behind the scenes:

Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote