8 Films To Die For

Joe Brody

Why did I think this was going to be a list of Nicole Kidman's greatest films?

8. Eyes Wide Shut (who cares about the acting?)
7. Far and Away
6. Billy Bathgate
5. Cold Mountain
4. The Others
3. Moulin Rouge (sp?)
2. To Die For
1. The Hours

Indy Benson

The overall list changes with my mood, but if I had to pick just one, I'd have to say my absolute favorite horror movie is John Carpenter's THE THING.

Kezia

I must say I love "The Ring".... it was filmed here in western Washington...which really is creepy in the fall and winter.... it was one of the only horror movies where I was scared to look in the backseat on the way home..... I mean I knew it was silly....but I soooooooo didn't want to even imagining seeing that.....FACE *shudders* :eek:

I'm a fan of The Exorcist

I'm a fan of The Exorcist 3

I'm a fan of 98% of the things that John Carpenter has done...

I'm a fan of the 1990 version of Night of the Living Dead

I'm a fan of most zombie movies for that matter

I could go on, I'm sure

Gustav

I'm also a fan of The Exorcist 3.

Not a big fan of the 1990 Night of the Living Dead. Maybe I need to watch it again because you're the third person to say they like it.

Is anybody a fan of Return of the Living Dead? Return of the Living Dead 2?
Has anybody seen Dead & Breakfast? It was kind of stupid but it had a satisfying amount of blood and guts for a zombie movie and it was funny at times.

Day of the Dead is also being remade and it is going to have Ving Rhames. I'm not sure if he's playing the same character he played in the Dawn of the Dead remake. The director was also the director of Lake PLacid and Friday the 13 Parts 2 and 3 and Halloween H20 and House. I liked House and while my favourite Friday the 13th is part 4, the two he directed weren't bad. I love Lake Placid. In fact I might have to go back and change my favourite movies list now that I thought of it.

I liked Hostel a lot. I thought it was what a Hitchcock film would look like with gore and nudity. It had the paranoia thing going on that Hitchcock liked.

I like The Ring too. And The Grudge. I don't care how similar they are to each other. I actually like the Ring more than Ringu.

Thanks for posting this, Benson.

Indy Benson said:
The overall list changes with my mood, but if I had to pick just one, I'd have to say my absolute favorite horror movie is John Carpenter's THE THING.

Good choice. I love John Carpenter's work from '76 to '86 especially. Halloween is my favorite horror flick. It's a huge shame that Rob Zombie is remaking it... (n)

"'76 to '86"

But then you miss 2 of his best!! "Dark Star" and "Prince Of Darkness" :)

Then again, I think I'm the only guy in the world who dug "In the Mouth of Madness"

LOL

I've yet to see those.
I saw Body Bags and Memoirs of an Invisible Man and came to the harsh conclusion that he lost his touch in the '90's. I haven't totally lost faith yet, though. I hear he's directing a new movie.

Indy Benson

Dark Star!! Hahaha! Oh, boy...I remember that movie! The beach ball creature, and the surfing scene at then end. As for Prince of Darkness, I liked some of the scenes in that movie, and the "freaky" factor is pretty high, but as a whole, I can't give it a thumbs up.
I just watched Mouth of Madness about a month ago. I actually liked it, so you're not alone, Clinton.

Carpenter is working ona new movie called Psychopath, due out in 2008.

I have seen Dead & Breakfast. More comedy than horror.

Which do you guys prefer: fast or slow zombies? Many people griped about the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead because it featured fast zombies. Personally, I liked the remake more than the original. As far as fast or slow zombies go, I guess it depends on how far along they are in their decomposition. Fresh corpses should be able to move faster than ones that are falling apart.

Gustav

I like both fast and slow zombies. The fast ones are for a thrill and the slow ones are more eerie and liable to give nightmares. Zombie nightmares are the best.

I want to make at least one zombie movie. I've already got characters and part of the storyline planned out. My zombies are going to be slow because I want to give people nightmares. Besides zombies are slow in real life.

But I also thought the remake of Dawn was better.

Gustav

Well you see, real zombies lack the coordination and balance to run full sprint. They would fall flat on their faces! After a real zombie has a couple hours worth of experience as a real zombie they may be able to jog, but even that is only half and half.

Joe Brody

The made for TV Salem's Lot scared the be-jeezus out this former grade schooler when I saw its network premiere.