Underrated Films

TheMutt92

Films that, despite possible financial sucess, have never reach the true public recognition they deserve. Some of mine include The Prestige and Unbreakable.

agentsands77

HANNIBAL.

Hit pretty hard by critics on its initial release, it now stands out as the best of the Lecter sequels, with some stylish visuals and a wicked sense of black humor. A solid piece of entertainment.

The Man

agentsands77 said:
HANNIBAL.

Hit pretty hard by critics on its initial release, it now stands out as the best of the Lecter sequels, with some stylish visuals and a wicked sense of black humor. A solid piece of entertainment.

Yes, it's very enjoyable. Flawed, silly at times, but great fun...

Indy's brother

Memento. Dark, immersive, nihilistic...in a word, spellbinding.

Oh, and KOTCS!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget KOTCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*just kidding, everyone.

michael

Bad Boys (1983) --- Incredible movie.

MPW-39

Goonie

Miami Vice. I thought it was great. Don't know why the critics panned it. Maybe because Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx weren't wearing pastel-colored suits?

Indy's brother

Films that, despite possible financial sucess, have never reach the true public recognition they deserve.

Although Memento was nominated for (and received) a butt-load of awards, and was critically acclaimed, I haven't met very many people who've seen it. Maybe I am just cursed to meet only lame people (which I sometimes suspect), but that was my basis for including it here. The "public recognition" bit. I dunno, maybe it doesn't belong here. I'll be man enough to admit it...:eek:

TheMutt92

Indy's brother said:
Although Memento was nominated for (and received) a butt-load of awards, and was critically acclaimed, I haven't met very many people who've seen it. Maybe I am just cursed to meet only lame people (which I sometimes suspect), but that was my basis for including it here. The "public recognition" bit. I dunno, maybe it doesn't belong here. I'll be man enough to admit it...:eek:

Yeah, its underrated. I have yet to see it and am always asking around, but no one else seems to know about.

agentsands77

ALIEN 3

It's not a perfect film by any stretch (very flawed, really), but it's nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe, especially judging by the Assembly Cut. Up until Charles Dance's character kicks the bucket, it's gold, and while it meanders around for a while after that, there are some nice moments.

Phantom-Train

Underrated to me...

Disney's The Kid
The Rocketeer
The Phantom
Judge Dredd
High Road to China
Joe Versus the Volcano
Star Wars Prequels
Speed Racer

kongisking

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Also,

Legend of Zorro
Ang Lee's Hulk
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Godzilla (1998)
Superman Returns
Batman Forever
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Any other unjustly reviled flicks you guys want me to bring up, hmm? :mad: