Speculation about ending

Dene

Any chance the ending will be a wedding with guests including Henry Jones Sr., Sallah, Short Round and Willie Scott?

Surely Spielberg and co. have a few surprises up their sleeves, and this would be a nice one to end the series on.

(Assuming it is the end, but I reckon it is given the time it takes to develop these movies).

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
*sigh* As long as it's better than the version of the wedding ending in SMFM.

Well, considering he would be marrying Marion, I think that's better already.

jasperjones

If you had no dialogue but cut away to the various guests I could see it working. If every one has a trade mark quip it could get a bit much.

The Man

Maybe Indy and Marion are poised to tie the knot, but something interupts it, sending Indy into the sunset for another quest. Not original, but possible.

joelwatts

I'd hate to see a wedding scene, but if I had to, I'd prefer a scene like the one at the end of Noth by Northwest, where they are merely seen leaving the ceremony in a carriage, kissing. You don't have to have show much for the audience to get it.

Zorg

In Big Fish the funeral at the ending was dealt with beautifully IMHO, without dialogue. Just music. You can see people talking to each other, but you can't hear what they're saying.

Something similar could work with Indy's wedding, if there's to be one.

Finn

Staff member
I've no comment on a wedding, but I just don't see them cameos coming up. There's no way in hell they could have kept a scene with everybody and their uncle from the past Indy movies making an appearance a secret.

And now it's definitely too late to shoot one.

oki9Sedo

Finn said:
I've no comment on a wedding, but I just don't see them cameos coming up. There's no way in hell they could have kept a scene with everybody and their uncle from the past Indy movies making an appearance a secret.

And now it's definitely too late to shoot one.

I agree. If anybody saw Kate Capshaw anywhere near the lot there would have been blogs about it.

oki9Sedo said:
I agree. If anybody saw Kate Capshaw anywhere near the lot there would have been blogs about it.

Memo To Sean Connery, Kate Capshaw, John Rhys Davies, Ke Huy Quan.

Sean, Kate, John and Ke,

Could you all arrive at my home to film the final 'surprise cameo' scene? The scene will take place indoors and I'm going to film it myself with a single Panavision camera. Harrison, Karen, John and Shia will be there also. I already rigged up the set, lighting and sound. You are all going to be arriving disguised as a bunch of 'Meet Steven Spielberg at Midnight' competition winners, in a bus. I've mailed your outfits to you all. Don't tell anyone about this or there will be trouble.

Thanks,

Steven.

(PS. We can all eat the buffet after filming.)

eroc

Spielberg is such a better director than to film something as lame as a wedding scene with cameos from past performers. That's just not cleaver, original, or open ended.

agentsands77

Given the info I was given in October 2007 that is now confirmed (Hurt is Oxley, the Lost City of Gold is the "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," the crystal skulls are "psychic amplifiers"), I'm going to say that the rest of the info from the source was also legit.

And that includes a wedding finale for Marion and Indy, driving off into the sunset, where Indy's hat blows off and lands at Mutt's feet... he picks it up and contemplates it.

I don't think Henry Sr. is there, though, given that all the official guides state that he died in 1951 or something like that.

NileQT87

nah, neither indy or mutt will kill spalko.

german mechanic - splattered by a plane propeller
belloq - head exploded by the ark
toht - face melted by the ark
dietrich - face collapsed by the ark

giant thuggee - squished in a rock crusher
mola ram - eaten by crocodiles after getting his hand burned by the shankara stone

vogel - fell off a cliff in a tank
donovan - rapidly aged to dust
elsa - fell to her death because of her own greed

spalko and dovchenko are going to get the major deaths. and spalko's almost certainly will be caused by the crystal skulls or aliens.

That's terrible. Indy getting married is lame enough but to suggest that the hat is being passed onto Mutt will ruin it for me.

nzlc

Can you imagine the cheesiness of mutt picking up the fedora when indy and marion are at the altar and it flys off his head right before they say i do and lands at mutts feet(CRINGE)

agentsands77

nzlc said:
Can you imagine the cheesiness of mutt picking up the fedora when indy and marion are at the altar and it flys off his head right before they say i do and lands at mutts feet(CRINGE)
No, the fedora flies off Indy's head as Marion and he drive off after the wedding. Not during the ceremony itself.

Personally, I don't mind the idea.

agentsands77

Agent Spalko said:
Time to hang up the hat for good. Only Harrison Ford can wear it.
Well, I agree. That said, I don't think Mutt contemplating Indy's hat means that he'd wear it... it's just a hint that he'll be continuing the adventuring legacy.

If ever there was an INDY V, Indy would still wear the hat and Mutt would still be Mutt.