Sophia Hapgood - Fate Of Atlantis SVGA style

DrHapgood

I'm almost done with my Sophia Hapgood getup. I really wanted to do the in-game SVGA version which is very different from the way she was illustrated in the comic, which also offers a few problems.

Here's a visual reference:

sophia2.gif

Sophia1.png

I finished the top half which include the blouse:

Picture001.jpg

And the Leather Jacket:

Picture003.jpg

My big problem is the pants. Originally I was thinking they were denim jeans in a dark blue / aqua color. Now I'm starting to think they might just be Aqua colored Khakis due to the era. The other issue is I figure I'm going to have to venture into mens pants/jeans due to the fact that they lie above the waist and the pant leg needs to be slim enough to fit into the boots.

Any ideas/advice on what the pants should be? I know there's space for interpretation given the quality of the source material, so I figured I'd ask opinions on it. :confused:

I have a few boots I'm looking at, and it depends on how big of a heel I want to go with. Her boots seems to have quite a heel on them, but I'm thinking of going with something with a bit wider and shorter heel just for practicality sake.

With any luck, I'll get this finished up before Thursday! (y)

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Maybe they're jeans, but I think the notion of a colored khaki is one to explore a bit too. Can't be sure. At any rate, this is a gear project I actually feel okay supporting. Keep us posted.

DrHapgood

Attila the Professor said:
Maybe they're jeans, but I think the notion of a colored khaki is one to explore a bit too. Can't be sure. At any rate, this is a gear project I actually feel okay supporting. Keep us posted.

I thought both ideas were enticing, so I went out looking for both, but only had enough time to find the perfect jeans:

Picture.jpg

The picture doesn't do them justice. They're nice tight hiphuggers with a slim legline all the way down. I'll do a test run of everything I have later on today.

I'll be stopping by Target later on today to pick up a worthy belt and the boots I've decided upon are these (In Brown):

shoe.jpg

The heel isn't too high, but it's comfortable and practical considering they're actually Riding/Western boots.

WillKill4Food said:
I'd go with the aqua khakis (if I were woman, :eek:), because otherwise you'll just look like a modern-day Hooker.

Hehe, that reminds me of yesterday when I tried some of my regular old jeans and "hip" boots with the top part; my friend said I looked like I was gearing up to explore the local Starbucks as opposed to Atlantis. :p

Deckard said:
Cool stuff, I have an extra Atlantean medallion I may be willing to trade/sell if your interested.

YOU ROCK SO MUCH! I'll definitely have to take you up on that. I'll shoot you a PM in a bit. (y)

I'm so stoked to complete this project now. :cool:

Blue Jay

Deckard said:
Cool stuff, I have an extra Atlantean medallion I may be willing to trade/sell if your interested.

If DrHapgood isnt interested in it, i definitly am ;)

Seriously, looking for it for a long time (y)

DrHapgood

I picked up a new belt at Target this morning that fit the look.

Ok, here goes Round 1:

sophiaround1.jpg

I want to pick up a jacket a size smaller since there's way too much material. The other thing I want to do is distress it a bit to make it look lighter; and dirty up the blouse to make it look darker.

All that's left is the Medallion (THANK YOU DECKARD! :D) and the boots have been ordered and should be here in 2 days.

Just a little longer! :cool:

Blue Jay

looks dead one!!! my congratulations!

P.S. Love the way you pose, very much Sophia!

:p

will you be wearing it while watching indy 4?

DrHapgood

Attila the Professor said:
Also, earrings are a must. They always were visible on Madame Sophia.

I looked through my earrings to find any possible candidates and these are the ones that came up:

earrings.jpg

I'm thinking the brown ones in the bottom left seem the most Madame Sophia-like... any thoughts?

|ZiR|

DrHapgood said:
I looked through my earrings to find any possible candidates and these are the ones that came up:

I'm thinking the brown ones in the bottom left seem the most Madame Sophia-like... any thoughts?

The brown ones were my first thought too. They're the prettiest, and the ones I could see Sophia wearing.

Also can I just say that I was not expecting your costume to turn out as good as it looks in round 1? Really, this thread is pleasantly surprising. Great job. (y)

Benraianajones

I like it! Sophia appears to have a little gold peice on her belt - maybe you can find some golden-resembling peice that you could buckle on to it?

Joel

DrHapgood said:
I picked up a new belt at Target this morning that fit the look.

Ok, here goes Round 1:

sophiaround1.jpg

I want to pick up a jacket a size smaller since there's way too much material. The other thing I want to do is distress it a bit to make it look lighter; and dirty up the blouse to make it look darker.

All that's left is the Medallion (THANK YOU DECKARD! :D) and the boots have been ordered and should be here in 2 days.

Just a little longer! :cool:

WOW! :) Love the attention to detail, all that's missing is a knack for the supernatural and a sharp right hook! :)

DrHapgood

Ready for Round 2? :hat:

I got the boots in.

Exchanged the Jacket for a smaller size, more form fitting.

Also got a "artifact" looking necklace in lieu of the Atlantean Medallion for now.

Here's a picture from this past weekend.

SophiaHapgood.jpg