Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Morning Bell

The gameplay videos already look good, so I'm not concerned about the models or graphics. As long as the game's good I'll be happy, as I've been anxious for years to get my hands on another Indy adventure. I'm glad the day's almost here.:)

fixer79

cheers, Doc! :)

I reckon you'll have to have Internet connection to unlock Han Solo, right?
Or is the content already on the disc?

The Tingler

Yes, he is. With these codes the characters are already there, it just unlocks them early.

Any more news on reviews? Getting a bit worrying, seeing as it's out, like, tomorrow.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
AlivePoet said:
Back in the day, my older sister would cheat at games that posed a challenge. Either that or she played Harvest Moon. :)

When she played Fate of Atlantis, she used a walkthrough for the entire game. (This was long after it came out, around 2000.)

Hey! I like some challenge don't get me wrong. I just don't like games where it takes me like 10 lives just to take a big jump.

Admittedly, yes, I am a terrible gamer despite playing video games regularly for some 12 years (mind you, I have finished Mortal Kombat the original about 10 times with different characters and Street Fighter II Turbo was too easy and did nearly finish Super Mario World and have also finished Kingdom Hearts 2 despite that overly long last level that lasts for like 20 minutes without a save point and have enjoyed playing Enter the Matrix without codes).

I tend to be a better arcade gamer, especially with the gun and racing type games.

Haven't played FoA so I have no idea how good I would be at it. Since it's point and click, I don't think I would be too bad at it. Haven't played Harvest Moon either.

AlivePoet

Violet Indy said:
Hey! I like some challenge don't get me wrong. I just don't like games where it takes me like 10 lives just to take a big jump.

Ever try Taz-Mania on the Sega Genesis? :dead:

Violet Indy said:
Admittedly, yes, I am a terrible gamer despite playing video games regularly for some 12 years (mind you, I have finished Mortal Kombat the original about 10 times with different characters and Street Fighter II Turbo was too easy and did nearly finish Super Mario World and have also finished Kingdom Hearts 2 despite that overly long last level that lasts for like 20 minutes without a save point and have enjoyed playing Enter the Matrix without codes).

There's a classic fighting game, if you're into those, called One Must Fall 2097. Great game, and it's free to download. Pretty addicting, at least back in the day.

Violet Indy said:
Haven't played FoA so I have no idea how good I would be at it. Since it's point and click, I don't think I would be too bad at it.

Haven't you received some flack here for not playing through this fan-canonized delight?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
AlivePoet said:
Ever try Taz-Mania on the Sega Genesis? :dead:

There's a classic fighting game, if you're into those, called One Must Fall 2097. Great game, and it's free to download. Pretty addicting, at least back in the day.

Haven't you received some flack here for not playing through this fan-canonized delight?

Haven't played Taz-mania on Sega Genesis. I did play a similar Taz game a while back when I was a kid on the SNES and yeah, I admit, I didn't even get past the first level!

I'll look into One Must Fall 2097. I do enjoy a good beat 'em up game once in a while.

And no, I haven't received flack for not playing FoA. This is because I've never had my hands on a playable copy. I have got & played LC on GameBoy which I've nearly finished (Level 5 boss is giving me hell, I do have a stategy that works, it's just that I got to keep at it!). I've also got Greatest Adventures on SNES, which yeah, I did get passwords for in the end coz I totally suck at the wagon bit in the Cairo level. Also have a copy of IM, but my copy is full of bugs and gave up. ET I did manage to finish, eventually.

Its also more then worrying that we've heard nothing of the PSP or DS versions despite the fact that both are apparantly being released tommorrow. Seems like a review black out to me, like they're afraid of what the critics will think. Oh well. I pre ordered mine weeks ago...

indyjones2131

Actually considering the development history I'd say it coulda been ALOT worse. As it is e have another game on the level of ET.

Sucks it demands on holding your hand the whole way though. Still if the story is good and the action is fun it coulda been a lot worse...

IndyForever

Wonder how good the PS2 version is as that is the one I would get. I can play it on my PS3 and it will upscale the gfx but what worries me the most is the gameplay. So far it looks not very interesting and more like something which should have come out about 4-5 years ago. I mean I love IM & ET on PC they are amazing but obviously a little dated now. Going to wait to hear how good/bad PS2 version is before buying.

Morning Bell

lao che & sons said:
not sure if this has been posted, new review at:http://blog.al.com/techcetera/2009/06/indiana_jones_and_the_staff_of.html
This review is very positive and makes me really want the game RIGHT NOW, only 1 more day (y) after today!

That's certainly a very generous review and I hope the game is as good as he said. Either way, I'm looking forward to Tuesday and I'll try to have a review of my own once I spend a few hours with it.:)

Morning Bell

Someone on the GameFaqs message board posted a review and it was pretty positive. Apparently some people have been able to get their hands on a retail copy early. The couple of impressions I've read have been good, so that's a good sign at least.(y)

The Tingler

And yet no real "official" reviews from proper gaming sources. Except for Nintendo Power of course, but I'm not counting that because no one can scan it! :p

From that techcetera review:
If you've played any of the Star Wars games, this will have a similar feel.
What the heck does that mean?

I'm downright suspicious of that review. Doesn't get into detail and yet proclaims it "the best Wii game of the year" (not that that's hard, admittedly)?

DocWhiskey

Agreed, Tingler.

I was suspicious of the review also considering it didn't go into detail and the things it did describe were already presented to us through screenshots and video.

It isn't rare to see people BS reviews which always seems to confuse me considering it's quite pointless. But we haven't heard anything bad about the game...yet. Hopefully IGN or Gamespot will get their reviews up soon, but the wait is only a day away and then we can judge it for ourselves.