Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

James

It kind've reminded me a little of KOTCS: A search for an old colleague (in this case, of Marcus) who has apparently lost his mind (drawing on walls) over a strange artifact.

The only downside is that I'm gonna have to make three more trips to the comicbook store.

DIrishB

HellofaSandwich said:
I picked this up today at the local comic shop. The art is great -- it's quite an improvement over the old Marvel and Dark Horse Indy comics of yesteryear. And FINALLY, here's an Indy comic that actually knows how to draw Marcus!

Well done.

Completely agree. The story was much better paced and more interesting as well (compared to anything Marvel or Dark Horse did with Indy in the past). I hope we see more Indy minis with some of today's best and brightest artists/writers. More Indy is always a good thing. ;)

Snakes

I really liked this 1st issue. I gotta say though, I was really kinda disappointed by the inking work. I really thought the amazing pencils were brought down by the inking, which I felt detracted from the art. However, the art was much better than a lot of the other Dark Horse series. Can't wait for issue 2.

Young Indy

Just read first issue last night! Very awesome! Seemed a little short but the pace was quick and I loved the cliffhanger ending. I love the reveal of the snake cage and Indy. Well written but, there could have been a little more action for the opening adventure. Can't wait for #2!

Rhys135

Got it yesterday. It's a great comic, but a little short. Good dialogue and even a Star Wars refrence :gun:

HovitosKing

Just finished reading the first issue, and I have to say that so far it's definitely the best Indy comic I've read from Dark Horse. The artwork is really well done, especially between the covers. For the first time, DH has produced an Indy that actually looks like Ford and a Marcus Brody that looks like Denholm Elliott. Great read, can't wait for the next issue!

Last edited:

jason10mm

I enjoyed it as well. The "Indy in costume" reveal was a little hokey, but I still liked it :p The whip work was nice and unlike most wraps, it looked like that one could actually work (not that the whip could support 2 men, but the whip had room to wrap). He left his bag though!

Loved the detail of the luger chambering a new round. Not many realize that slide part pops up rather than back like most semi-autos.

Stoo

Dr.Sartorius said:
Issue #2 has been pushed back to August 20th - according to the DH website. :mad: :mad:
Well, I'm :D :D because I'll be back across the pond 2 weeks after that!
I missed the release of #1 by a couple of days, so this is good news.(y)

Vance

indyclone25 said:
dark horse has it listed on the website for the 20th of august? or did they change that since wed.?

See above. It was pushed back to the 20th from its original release date on the 6th.