TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #26
Toht's Arm
IndyFan

Just so people know (and don't think some dude copy+ pasted), I wrote an article on Den of Geek based on my original post in this thread.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/i...pear-in-indy-5
Toht's Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #27
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

I still haven't heard a better premise for Indy V than bringing back the haunted castle concept. It's a good fit for Indy, it would cause way less controversy than aliens, it hangs nicely on a pulp fiction hook as Lucas insists (Hammer horror), it doesn't clash with the time period (Hammer was certainly active in the 50s/60s), it promises a return to the spookiness of the first two films, it gets us out of North America, and it doesn't call to mind action sequences that would seem preposterous for a guy in his 70s.

The Fountain of Youth and the Bermuda Triangle are too recently covered by Pirates of the Caribbean and don't sufficiently liberate us from North America after the previous film, Atlantis wouldn't feel fresh enough coming off of a fourth installment that was already about a lost city, and Excalibur would be the second Arthurian legend covered by the series.

The only real concern would be that it might make the movie too claustrophobic, but Temple is a good template here, as it succeeded in delivering some striking location work before pulling us underground. You would just need to front-load the exotic locales.

Last edited by Udvarnoky : 10-20-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #28
Toht's Arm
IndyFan

Yeah, I think I agree. We also haven't seen a proper haunted castle movie in a while, no?

Plus maybe Disney would like the idea of sprucing up their haunted mansion to tie in with the film...
Toht's Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:33 AM   #29
Henry Jones VII
IndyFan

I also like the haunted castle idea, and setting the story in England or Scotland, they could even explore Henry Jones Sr's background to make Indy connect with his relatives.
Henry Jones VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:38 PM   #30
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Jones VII
I also like the haunted castle idea, and setting the story in England or Scotland, they could even explore Henry Jones Sr's background to make Indy connect with his relatives.

Though Europe is fairly well-trod territory at this point, even including a sequence of 15-20 minutes at a castle. I'm particularly skeptical about how much England or Scotland would feel like an appropriate place to set most of an Indiana Jones adventure.

However, there are other castles; Japan came up in a more Monkey King-focused thread (as did a lot of talk about Africa, for that matter).
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote