Match wits against the geekiest of us all.

IJstuntman23

I say this...everyone claims to be huge Indiana Jones fans and from what i have been reading so far.....some of you are true fans. But since i have deicated my life to these 3 movies and i know pretty close to everything about the movie from the opening sequence in Raiders, to the Fearless 4 in LC who ride into the sunset. I say we start a Trivia Thread. Try to stump people with questions ranging from What is Indianas dogs name, to impossibly geeks questions like how many windows are in Henry Jones Sr. house....there are 9 visible windows.

I also suggest that we use the honor system, if you know an answer great! if you dont, dont go looking at the movies or online to sound like you know what your talking about.

So if your "up to the challenge" i will start with a question that hopfully sets the tone for a good trivia thread.

"In Temple of Doom, Shorty wears a Ny Yankees hat. Who else wheres a NY Yankee hat in one of the movies".

intergamer

lol, noone knows. We have to be able to look things up, its still hard. And someone who really knows will still get the answer fastest and will win, so it works out. Plus, people will get answers, and we can learn something.

Agreed?

because a trivia thread could be a lot of fun. Also, easier questions are OK. We aren't all Indy supergeniouses. A good mix is great.

Indycrusader

Oh, yeah!!! I knew that. I really did. I just didn't remember at the time. ;)

I'm not good at giving hard questions. Mine are always too easy. So maybe I'll let somebody else try.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
To answer Atilla, 2 planes, and neither of them did he fly well (not to mention his bad landings). He did fly in 4 other planes, that he did not pilot, however.

In what movie is the following line said:
"Maybe its all the chocolate I've been eating."
And yes this is a real line in one of the films, bonus for who says where the line is said.

[Edited by Aaron H on 10-24-2003 at 10:25 pm]

IJstuntman23

Listen this is the break down.....i dont know if you mean how many planes he flew or how many planes he was in. But since i have some extraordinary Indy knowledge i will answer both. Indy flew a play breifly in TOD..and Flew a dog fight in LC But all included he was in 6 planes total in the trilogy.

ROTLA...he was in a plane with Jock---Then Cali to Nepal---then Nepal to Cairo.

TOD Indy flew briefly a plane belonging to Lao Che

LC- he was in a plane that took him from Barnnet College to Venice Italy.He flew the auxilary (spelled) plane at the botton of the Nazi Zepplian.

Indy homself only flew 2 planes, one in TOD and the other in LC. BUt he was in 6 total planes in the Trilogy.

bob

How about how many people did Indy explicitly (i.e. not in explosions) kill in the trilogy?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
apalehorse said:

IJ-TOD Willie in the bedroom scene

bob, I'll get back to yours in a few, unless someone gets there first
Nope not it either...sorry. Here is a hint, it is not said by a major character.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
IJstuntman23 said:
Listen this is the break down.....i dont know if you mean how many planes he flew or how many planes he was in. But since i have some extraordinary Indy knowledge i will answer both. Indy flew a play breifly in TOD..and Flew a dog fight in LC But all included he was in 6 planes total in the trilogy.

ROTLA...he was in a plane with Jock---Then Cali to Nepal---then Nepal to Cairo.

TOD Indy flew briefly a plane belonging to Lao Che

LC- he was in a plane that took him from Barnnet College to Venice Italy.He flew the auxilary (spelled) plane at the botton of the Nazi Zepplian.

Indy homself only flew 2 planes, one in TOD and the other in LC. BUt he was in 6 total planes in the Trilogy.
Right what I said, two he piloted, four he was a passenger in. (2+4=6)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Aaron H said:
apalehorse said:

IJ-TOD Willie in the bedroom scene

bob, I'll get back to yours in a few, unless someone gets there first
Nope not it either...sorry. Here is a hint, it is not said by a major character.
Here is one last hint...whomever guesses it will get 10000 points (though just like Whose Line Is It Anyway, the points don't matter:))
The Hint:
The line is said within the first 20 minutes of one of the films.

TheOldBum

Can't say as I know about the chocolate, but I'm guessing it's not said in English. Which leads to a good question of mine: What is the English translation of "Om nama shivaya" (sp?) from ToD?

(I only know because I saw a shirt in a magazine with this exact phrase and translation on it, so if anyone speaks this language and I'm wrong, I apologize)

In any case, cheers!

The Old Bum