Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
walker
IndyFan

The Lost Journal

Hi everyone
I'm new to the board. Used to post on Indyfan.com quite a bit when it was still active. Wrote a few short stories over there as well (IJ and the Golden Death; IJ and the Serpent of Evil).

Wanted to let you know that I was at the London Book Fair in April and met with a publisher who mentioned that they'd just signed a contract with Lucasfilm to do a new book in conjunction with Indy 4. It's entitled The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. Essentially, it's going to be a replica of the journal that you see Indy use throughout the various films. If I understand it correctly, it'll include all of the written stuff you see in the films, plus a lot more, in addition to loose pieces like a zepplin ticket, maps, and other parphrenalia. It's going to be leather and look weathered, etc, with an elastic band around the front to keep it closed. I believe they'll be including stuff from the fourth movie in it as well, but that's speculation on my part based on what my contact said. She'd just received the notice and the description re: the deal that morning, so she was learning about it the same time as me.

Could be cool
walker
walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Moedred
Administrator

Welcome to the Raven! Are you the walker who reviewed Saucer Men? How did you come across it? Sure could use some official sources to absolutely confirm its authenticity. I ordered the script myself and scanned it for TheRaider. We discussed it here.

It's about time we got a chronological guide to the Indyverse, like Star Wars fans have!
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #3
walker
IndyFan

yep, that's me

that was year's ago!

I seem to remember having ordered it through an online place called ScriptShack.com. I think they must have gotten sued, though, because they only sell legit scripts nowadays.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
Moedred
Administrator

I got my copy from Scripthouse. The next holy grail is the Raiders story conference transcripts, so keep an eye out!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
walker
IndyFan

cool. thanks for the head's up.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #6
Zorg
IndyFan

That Indy's journal -kind of book sounds really cool. Do you have any info how limited edition it will be?
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
indyt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker
Hi everyone
I'm new to the board. Used to post on Indyfan.com quite a bit when it was still active. Wrote a few short stories over there as well (IJ and the Golden Death; IJ and the Serpent of Evil).

Wanted to let you know that I was at the London Book Fair in April and met with a publisher who mentioned that they'd just signed a contract with Lucasfilm to do a new book in conjunction with Indy 4. It's entitled The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. Essentially, it's going to be a replica of the journal that you see Indy use throughout the various films. If I understand it correctly, it'll include all of the written stuff you see in the films, plus a lot more, in addition to loose pieces like a zepplin ticket, maps, and other parphrenalia. It's going to be leather and look weathered, etc, with an elastic band around the front to keep it closed. I believe they'll be including stuff from the fourth movie in it as well, but that's speculation on my part based on what my contact said. She'd just received the notice and the description re: the deal that morning, so she was learning about it the same time as me.

Could be cool
walker

cant wait to get it!!
indyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #8
walker
IndyFan

Hey Zorg
I don't think it's going to be limited edition. I am a little concerned about its availability in the U.S. though. The info was circulating at the London Book Fair, so I don't know if it'll be available in the U.S. It should be, but I came across another new Indy book a couple months back that was only available from Spain. I believe the title translates into something like "The Biography of Indiana Jones." I don't speak Spanish though, so I may be wrong.

It arrived a couple weeks ago and looks interesting, but I'm going to have to learn Spanish to read it. Looks like it's Indy's biography as written by Marcus Brody. It does not appear to cover anything taking place during Indy 4, however.

I wish Lucasfilm would release a list of all of their licensed Indy product. It's hard to find this overseas stuff.
walker
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
Stoo
IndyFan

Hey walker,

Looking forward to this new book. Thanks for the passing on the news!
The Spanish one sounds interesting too. If I may ask, what is the ISBN #?
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
walker
IndyFan

Indiana Jones Biography ISBN

Sure. The ISBN is 8495642743.

Here's a link to the page where I first found it:
http://www.agapea.com/Indiana-Jones-...a-n481334i.htm

I ordered it from these folks and received it in good condition, but you should know that they totally screwed up my mailing address and sent it to the wrong place. I eventually tracked it down, but to be safe, you may want to have a friend who speaks Spanish (if you do not) order it for you. It's possible I botched the instructions for filling in my address....

walker
Old 06-16-2007, 07:01 AM   #11
Stoo
IndyFan

Thanks a bunch, walker!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
IndySeven
IndyFan

The book sounds cool to me!
IndySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #13
walker
IndyFan

The Lost Journal

Hi all
Several weeks back I mentioned that I'd seen some advance info on a new IJ book at the London Book Fair. Well, I just checked the Amazon.ca (Canadian) site and they have it listed. Looks like it will be available May 6, 2008. I've copied the details as posted on the site below. No actual description of content as of yet, but the description I got at the fair is that it will be a replica of Indy's journal and include all sorts of map fragments, train tickets, etc, including stuff from the new movie. Could be cool.
walker

The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones (Hardcover)
by Henry Jones (Author)

No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: CDN$ 28.99
Price: CDN$ 18.26 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over CDN$ 39. Details
You Save: CDN$ 10.73 (37%)

Availability: This title has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Details

Hardcover
Publisher: Pocket; 1 edition (May 6 2008)
ISBN-10: 1416563156
ISBN-13: 978-1416563150
Old 07-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #14
walker
IndyFan

one correction

I just doublechecked the US Amazon site and it's listed there as well. Looks like it's going to retail for $25 US.
walker
Old 07-23-2007, 12:45 AM   #15
Gobi-1
IndyFan

This sounds like if could be fantastic.
Gobi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:16 AM   #16
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I hope it'll be avaliable in Australia. I'll be soooo disappointed if it isn't.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #17
Andy Jones
IndyFan

Hope this reaches the UK aswell.
Andy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #18
Bullwhip
IndyFan

Damn, more cash spent in 2008 in the name of Indy.
Bullwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:01 PM   #19
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones

Saw this and other items listed on Amazon to coincide with the release of Indy IV -- but a lost journal? Is this like a prologue tie-in to the film or --- egads --something happens to our favorite adventurer and this is his last entry...

The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones (Hardcover)
by Henry Jones (Author)
List Price: $25.00
Price: $16.50 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $8.50 (34%)

(Hardcover - May 6, 2008)
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #20
The Professor
IndyFan

The May 6 date as well as recent talk from Hasbro may suggest that that day will see the official release of Indy 4 merchandise. This book sounds intriguing.
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:21 AM   #21
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

There's already a thread on this in the Literature table. But, I must say I'm looking forward to that one and hoping that it will be sold in Australia.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:23 AM   #22
Finn

A duplicate thread I can understand, but why the spoiler forum? Get it already, it is for the plot points of upcoming movie only, and I don't see any in the opening post.

Moved.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #23
Grizzlor
IndyFan

I hope it's some kind of Indy encyclopedia or companion, and not just the novelization of the new movie.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:39 AM   #24
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

From the description I read on the other thread in Literature, it's refers to all of Indy's adventures including Indy IV. Basically the once and for all, chronicles.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #25
Moedred
Administrator

I've always imagined such a book, hopefully with an index and bibliography, that would compliment the various Star Wars encyclopediae.
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Journal-I.../dp/1416563156
(This other one seems to be for children.)
http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-.../dp/0756635004
More info (from elsewhere):
From the scorching sands of Cairo to the Canyon of the Crescent Moon, this personal journal of Dr Henry 'Indiana' Jones, Jr chronicles every thrilling adventure, from the original Raiders of the Lost Ark to the eagerly anticipated fourth feature film. Filled with sketches, notes and jottings in the great man's own hand, and accompanied by rare archive photos and much material never published before, the journal records the artefacts and discoveries, the folklore and the characters -- not to mention the narrow escapes and heroic escapades -- encountered on each of his globetrotting travels. For Indiana Jones fans old and new who wish to recapture the excitement of these legendary films in book form, The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones provides a uniquely vivid inside view of the swashbuckling world of cinema's most popular adventurer.