TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 03-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #76
Cagefighterkip
IndyFan

can someone put scans of these spoiler pages online? or any pages that might have new pics on em online? plzz? the local Borders doesnt carry empire mag.
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #77
IndyFan89
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
MaxPhactor,

So are you stating that you are more qualified to talk about an Indiana Jones movie???

As I already mentioned in another post, the subject matter (and it's merits) of an Indiana Jones movie is purely subjective. Whilst I may prefer the focus to be more Earth based science (like yourself), I can assure you that in archaeological terms the Holy Grail and/or the wrath of God are just as much ‘out there’ as ancient alien astronauts. We may not like the idea of little green men invading an Indy flick (and indeed it may turn out to be utter pants), but there is no factual/scientific basis why aliens or the Loch Ness monster should be more taboo than the “Divine” for Indiana Jones.

Thats what i'm talking about right there. I just said i didn't want to read about how my FAITH is OUT THERE. There is no proof of Aliens , Moses and The Ark was a real thing(no matter if you believe it had power or not), thats what makes Aliens harder to believe and a little more goofy.

Now can we please resume safe and friendly Indy conversation?
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #78
isaac_z
IndyFan

indyfan, i don't think anyone is trying to make an attack on your faith. what is being discussed is specific archaeological record, empirical, non-faith-based evidence of the figures/events/objects. your faith may tell you that these things existed, and in terms of faith and living a faith-based life that is completely reasonable and accepted, but i think the issue at hand is that in terms of a purely physical, not even literary or folk-based, record, there is no extant proof for some of these objects, regardless of their veracity or importance to varying types of belief systems. moses and the ark truly existed in terms of faith and religious history, but there is no accepted-as-real chest containing the ten commandments currently visible and/or researchable today.

i appologize if i misread your comment or continued down a track you wanted to stop.
isaac_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 AM   #79
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan89
Thats what i'm talking about right there. I just said i didn't want to read about how my FAITH is OUT THERE. There is no proof of Aliens , Moses and The Ark was a real thing(no matter if you believe it had power or not), thats what makes Aliens harder to believe and a little more goofy.

Now can we please resume safe and friendly Indy conversation?

The Ark was reported to have existed by several writers of the Bible, but no one has reported on such an object for thousands of years (aside from that one group, who refuses to allow their claims of guarding the Ark to be verified by letting... anyone see what they're supposedly guarding). It may have existed at one point or may still exist and be hidden somewhere, but there is no proof today aside from text that has been translated multiple times from original writings of people who have been dead for over 2000 years.

Similar to the Ark, many in the last 60 years (as well as the occasional siting throughout the world before that) have reported sightings of UFOs, but no real hard evidence has been presented. Therefore, aside from faith, I don't see what the difference is between the Ark and UFOs.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:11 AM   #80
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
LOL
Your expectations are constantly in highs and lows! cheer!

But don't say "it's just a movie". It isn't.
Not for you, nor for anyone who writes often here. It can't be "just" a movie anymore. We spended too much atention in it to just go to see it like just another movie.

I enjoyed all this speculation time very much. And I will miss it after may 22.
Even if the movie is bad, it will be a very special viewing for me, cause everything we talked about these months will be confronted with the real one...

maybe not in the first view (hope not), but I will remember Tyler Nelson when I see the "dancing scene", those lego sets when I see the "ants scene", and a lot of theories will be confirmed or fall, while I laugh nostalgic at them.

Oh I'm enjoying all this speculation and stuff too. And I realized when I said that, someone would call me out on it and say, "Nuh uh!! It's more than a movie!! You're not a true fan!!" lol.

It is more of an "event" than just a movie. I certainly will be making a big deal out of it. But, I think you know what I mean. In the grand scheme of things... whether it's good or bad... it's only a two hour film. So I guess we shouldn't be so worried about it.

You're right though. My expectations go up and down on the daily based on things I read here. lol. It's such a roller coaster ride!
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:43 AM   #81
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Adamwankenobi - You are correct in what you say.

IndyFan89 - Your chosen faith is your prerogative and it is not up to me or anyone else on these boards to disparage that... but speaking as an academic, I stand by what I stated in that there is no scientific proof that can support an idividual to argue the validity of one and not the other.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:42 PM   #82
IndyFan89
IndyFan

So can we not talk about it anymore? Thats my point.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #83
Darth Vile
IndyFan

I’m happy to drop the conversation here, but my response will be the same if the topic arises again.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #84
IndyFan89
IndyFan

Thank you.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #85
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

It's going to keep coming up
I just choose to ignore it when it does
xVendetta17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #86
TennesseeKorben
IndyFan

I finally got my copy in from Amazon. I must say, it's a pretty sweet book. I love it. It's kinda goofy yet so cool at the same time! I can't wait to get all the books!
TennesseeKorben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #87
Tron7960
IndyFan

I received mine yesterday. Amazon sure is fast. Great little book and a fun read.

Tron
Tron7960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #88
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Picture found at: www.nibenay.com

Sakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #89
Perhilion
IndyFan

cool, some of that actually sounds useful. Granted, you aren't likely to run into any sword-wielding maniacs, and knowing where to punch someone won't be as useful in the age of firepower, but still...
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #90
Perhilion
IndyFan

Spoilers in the Indiana Jones Handbook

While they aren't very obvious, the handbook does contain spoilers from the new movie. First of all, it has a small section on extraterrestrials. It pretty much confirms they're in the movie, saying "But if you are ever confronted with beings from other dimensions, it may be smart to do as Indy did and get the heck out of there". This sounds like the aliens aren't very friendly, which is a good thing in my book. Second: the dreaded nuclear blast. It has an entire section on surviving a nuclear blast. But don't worry! It's not that bad actually. First it advises you to find some transport and get far away, saying that you wouldn't be able to survive the actual blast. Then it advises you to find something to hide in, like a refrigerator, to survive the fallout. So probably in the movie Indy and the gang get as far away from the blast as possible, then quickly hide in a fridge. This sounds ok, much better than hiding from the actual blast in a fridge. It also tells you to get scrubbed down afterwards, so in the movie any radiation problems are probably taken care of. All this sounds good to me!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 PM   #91
|ZiR|
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhilion
It has an entire section on surviving a nuclear blast.

Well that explains the mystery of the refrigerator.

Quote:
This sounds like the aliens aren't very friendly, which is a good thing in my book.

I'm glad for that too. I don't friendly E.T./Close Encounters of the Third Kind type aliens. Was worried that Spielburg was going to go that route.

Thanks for posting this!
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #92
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhilion
It pretty much confirms they're in the movie, saying "But if you are ever confronted with beings from other dimensions

That seems to suggest not aliens, but inter-dimensional beings... Sorta the Infernal Machine route?

Either way, I dislike the concept.
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #93
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

The handbook mentions a cast-iron tub or a walk-in meat locker (in addition to refrigerators) are also good methods of avoiding radiation. It also mentions its a good idea to go deep underground.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #94
Deckard
IndyFan

Ya, I dunno, has anyone ever tryed hiding in a fridge? I mean I saw it on that South Park episode... I say put the mythbusters in a tub in the middle of a nuclear blast and lets see what happens.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #95
rowerguy7
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
That seems to suggest not aliens, but inter-dimensional beings... Sorta the Infernal Machine route?

Either way, I dislike the concept.

Why does residentalien always ruin everything?
rowerguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #96
Perhilion
IndyFan

Because.
Anyway, some more info. There's a secion about rocket sleds, apparently Indy uses one to escape the Russians. There's also a section about insects, including 4 inch ants and giant mosquitos. Ick
Old 04-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #97
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowerguy7
Why does residentalien always ruin everything?

Why do people take ResidentAlien's speculation as personal offense?

Oy, idiots.

Anyways, could you scan the "alien" page? I'd be interested in seeing what it specifically says...
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #98
Deckard
IndyFan

Out of everything from Mutt as Indy's Son to Aliens, what actually bothers me most now is that rocket sled.

Now if Dovchenko was standing on it like a smart ass and Indy fired it sending him into a big steel door at 900 mph that'd be differant. But Indy going for a ride? im nervous to say the least. How will he hold onto his hat??
Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 AM   #99
Perhilion
IndyFan

Look at it the glass half full. An intense fight between Indy and Dovechenko on a rocket sled hurtling at 900 mph across the desert.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #100
Deckard
IndyFan

Haha, try to throw a punch at that speed, and I think you may knock yourself out.