Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #51
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
I agree! Indy comic book covers, novels, movie posters, etc., should all be hand painted works of art. Something is seriously lost in my opinion with photo shop. The whole romantic side of the Indiana Jones movies reflecting back to the serials of the 30's or 50's( in the case of KotCS), just flies out the window with a photo shop collage.

Give me a Struzan, Dorman, or Amstel work of art any day over photo shop!

HOWEVER, you have to admit...It's great to see a new pic of Harry from the movie.. He amazes me.. It looks like Indy has hardly changed at all.... I think God was keeping Harry in such good shape because he wanted to see Indy 4 too
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #52
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippweeder
So Shia's in the foreground with a weapon while Indy lounges in the background. I was dismissed on this very forum a while back for suggesting that La Beouf will gradually dominate this movie. Well, this picture is further evidence of the takeover.

I am becoming deeply afraid for this film.

Are you serious? I think the world knows Indy can get it done....It's good that they are showing that Mutt will not be a puss in this film. Do you honestly think that Harrison would stand around and let anyone else get more action in an Indy movie than him? Honestly? Come on now.... Just say it...your fears are pointless
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #53
metalinvader
IndyFan

My personal opinion is that Mutt wont be used any more then Shorty or Henry sr. was.Guess we'll have to wait and see....
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #54
trippweeder
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
Are you serious? I think the world knows Indy can get it done....It's good that they are showing that Mutt will not be a puss in this film. Do you honestly think that Harrison would stand around and let anyone else get more action in an Indy movie than him? Honestly? Come on now.... Just say it...your fears are pointless

I know Ford can more than do it, but I'm not sure Lucas and Koepp feel the same. Remember: Frank Darabond didn't write Mutt Ravenwood - that character was added later when Speilberg had fallen in love with La Beouf.

I hope I'm wrong, but...
trippweeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #55
Grethe
IndyFan

Wonder what sort of creature we see behind Indy's left ear on that comic book cover --- Looks promising!
Grethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #56
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
HOWEVER, you have to admit...It's great to see a new pic of Harry from the movie.. He amazes me.. It looks like Indy has hardly changed at all.... I think God was keeping Harry in such good shape because he wanted to see Indy 4 too

It is a great pic of Ford and he does look fantastic for his age, but still I'd prefer a hand painted work of art over a photo shopped collage. Photo shop is such a contemporary medium, and it just doesn't fit in my opinion with the Indy mystique. When I think of Indy, I think of a different era, and the works of Struzan, Dorman, and Amstel all reflect that time beautifully. If it was strictly a photograph with a border(like the old Indy movies on vinyl for kids) I guess I wouldn't have such an issue, but because it is done in the Struzan way...I don't see the point. If you want that look have an oil or acrylic painting done.
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #57
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
Ah...I checked to see if anyone had posted this already, alas, I fear to tred in the SPOILERS section Is this image considered spoiler material??? If so, I heartily apologize. If not, it is here for my fellow spoiler avoiders to enjoy.
That's one of the most sense-making explanations for a duplicate thread in a while, and it actually kinda makes me feel to scorn that special whoever who originally posted the thing in IV spoilers forum.

No harm done with this thread, in fact I merged the original with this one and let it remain here in Indy lit. section.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #58
metalinvader
IndyFan

Well,My original intent with putting this in the spoiler section was that some people my find Mutt holding the sword 'spoilerish'.Anywho..

In regards to Grethe's comment about what is behind Indy,I'm thinking it may be just a rock formation with a vine hanging off of it.
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #59
ResidentAlien

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
Well,My original intent with putting this in the spoiler section was that some people my find Mutt holding the sword 'spoilerish'.Anywho..

In regards to Grethe's comment about what is behind Indy,I'm thinking it may be just a rock formation with a vine hanging off of it.

It is. Look closer and you can see Indy's silhouette hanging from the end of it...
ResidentAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #60
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippweeder
So Shia's in the foreground with a weapon while Indy lounges in the background. I was dismissed on this very forum a while back for suggesting that La Beouf will gradually dominate this movie. Well, this picture is further evidence of the takeover.

I am becoming deeply afraid for this film.

Well if you want to be practical, we've heard more about Harrison's fight scenes than Shia's - we've heard more comments on how great Harrison is in his fight scenes. We know of one fight scene involving Mutt...We've seen more photos of Indy in action poses than Mutt...
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #61
No Ticket
IndyFan

Even shorty and Indy sr. got fight scenes. What is there to be afraid of. However, I don't like the sword, specifically the kind he is holding. For some reason.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #62
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
Even shorty and Indy sr. got fight scenes. What is there to be afraid of. However, I don't like the sword, specifically the kind he is holding. For some reason.

With that sword Shia is looking a bit like a pirate! All he needs is an Errol Flynn moustache to complete the look!

He is channeling a good worried Ford expression though.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 AM   #63
clorrificus
IndyFan

are wii (sorry, couldn't help it) positive that he is holding a switchblade in his left hand? i know that would make sense seeing as how he is supposedly a "greaser" but still idk...looks almost like a miniture whip to me.
clorrificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 AM   #64
Blackadder
IndyFan

Shia should acted in Pirates of the Carrebien or somethin , dont know maybe its related to the story , but a gun or rifle would be a much better option imo
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #65
tocksic
IndyFan

Pre-order is open! And here's a full version of the cover:

tocksic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #66
kongisking
IndyFan

Oh, God, this cover looks mother----ing awesome! Damn for all I'm worth, I'm so excited! But none of this compares to the absolute best aspect of the picture, which I hope is actually present in the finished film:

INDY'S GOT BEARD STUBBLE!!!!!!!!!! HOOOORAY!!!!!!!

(And in case you guys haven't noticed, the sword Shia is wielding looks to be a Spanish conquistador's sword, which completely fits with the location of the skull temple. Maybe Mutt took the sword from some poor bastard who got wasted by a booby trap centuries ago. An image of a conquistador-armor-clad Forrestal springs to my mind here.

Plus: QUIT YOU'RE DAMN WHINING OVER TINY DETAILS LIKE THE KIND OF SWORD SHIA IS HOLDING! You guys really do sound like toddlers fighting over a spider-man toy that has the red paint slightly darker than on the cartoon shows! Ugh!

(Hoo, boy, am I gonna get it for that shout-out...I meant nothing personal by it! I'm sorry! )

Last edited by kongisking : 01-03-2008 at 03:59 PM.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #67
yodazone
IndyFan

Hey guys! Jeremy Barlow (Indy Dark Horse Comics Editor) just posted this over at the Dark Horse Star Wars forums about that Diamond Previews cover:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Gang --

That is NOT the cover to the comic adaptation -- it is a "solicitation only" image that Lucasfilm provided for us. The cover(s) will be original painted works by Indy and Star Wars artist Hugh Fleming

Resume speculation!

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/view...0731&start=135

Hugh Flemming returns to Indy covers!!!!

yodazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #68
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodazone
Hey guys! Jeremy Barlow (Indy Dark Horse Comics Editor) just posted this over at the Dark Horse Star Wars forums about that Diamond Previews cover:

Hey, Gang --

That is NOT the cover to the comic adaptation -- it is a "solicitation only" image that Lucasfilm provided for us. The cover(s) will be original painted works by Indy and Star Wars artist Hugh Fleming

Resume speculation!

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/view...0731&start=135

Hugh Flemming returns to Indy covers!!!!

Thank God! That's fanastic news that an actual hand painted work of art will be the cover, not some photo shopped collage! I'm bummed to hear Struzan isn't doing it, but Fleming is very talented as well.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #69
Professor Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
I agree! Indy comic book covers, novels, movie posters, etc., should all be hand painted works of art. Something is seriously lost in my opinion with photo shop. The whole romantic side of the Indiana Jones movies reflecting back to the serials of the 30's or 50's( in the case of KotCS), just flies out the window with a photo shop collage.

Give me a Struzan, Dorman, or Amstel work of art any day over photo shop!

Yes!!! I guess we can call us satisfied, Deckard!!!
Professor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #70
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
you can see Indy's silhouette hanging from the end of it...
...and Mutt clinging to Indy.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #71
Dr. HenryJones.jr
IndyFan

whoa, it is beautiful cover from darkhorsecomics! I love it, I have been pre-order
Dr. HenryJones.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #72
Whipper
IndyFan

KOTCS -- The Comic Book Cover!

Blurb here:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=146537
Whipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #73
DarthLowBudget
IndyFan

Sweet! Gotta love the Thompson Mac is wielding!
DarthLowBudget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #74
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Looks like Indy has a milk mustache.

Awesome cover art.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #75
spiralout
IndyFan

Nice! I'm already starting to fall in love with the characters.
spiralout is offline   Reply With Quote