User Name
Password

Old 05-22-2008, 05:22 AM   #76
tupogirl
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy fan 235
Thanks!

Speaking of Young Indy collectibles, does anyone remember when Pizza Hutt had YI stuff? I remember a cup and a few small toys.

I wonder if the movie does well if they will start a YI comic again?

No! I don't remember that! I used to remember everything about everything... But I did live out in the middle of nowhere at the time. It seemed like stuff was everywhere for a few months, until they realized the show wasn't doing so well.

Oh and there was the Sega game. But I didn't have a Sega...
tupogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #77
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Oh, somehow I forgot to note I also have a large transparency blow-up of a publicity still (I got it through someone who worked on the entertainment section of the local paper for where I lived at the time) of the 50-year-old Indy with sax from Harrison's appearance on the show, plus a cane with the exact same style of eagle-shaped brass handle as the one carried by George Hall as Old Indy on the show (which I figure counts as a "prop / gear replica" item).
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #78
tupogirl
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
Oh, somehow I forgot to note I also have a large transparency blow-up of a publicity still (I got it through someone who worked on the entertainment section of the local paper for where I lived at the time) of the 50-year-old Indy with sax from Harrison's appearance on the show, plus a cane with the exact same style of eagle-shaped brass handle as the one carried by George Hall as Old Indy on the show (which I figure counts as a "prop / gear replica" item).

Very nice! I used to also have Flanery's and Carrier's other films at that time on tape. I used to tape a lot of things.

I'm glad I still have the few things left.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #79
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Arrow

Cool! As much as one might almost lament the embarrassment of riches for the Indy features (whether because one thinks some of the merchandise is tacky, or because one can't afford it all), it's pretty vexing how there's so comparatively little for Young Indy. There are people who love and adore the show, yet have so little loot to show for it that it practically doubles the size of their collection if they select a Young Indy avatar here...
Old 05-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #80
tupogirl
IndyFan

ROTFLMBO!!!! Yep. And I remember back then that the same pictures showed up over...and over...and over...I got a bit tired of it. Corey on a camel, Sean in the Congo...

My 'collection' includes all the books I've bought that have something to do with the show. WWI books, Siegfried Sassoon, Edith Wharton, Jung, maps, infectious diseases:P.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #81
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes
I just got the magazine-it came in with this week's shipment-WOW!!!! It is AWESOME!!! TONS of great articles, the only thing is it's VERY spoiler heavy. I'm going to wait to read it until after I see the movie. I'm going to be looking forward to getting this each month

The thing is the first issue is almost made up entirely of interviews which I suspect are from the Complete Making Of book.
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #82
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao_Che
The thing is the first issue is almost made up entirely of interviews which I suspect are from the Complete Making Of book.
Yeah, I found that out after the fact unfortunately! If you have the making of book, don't waste your money on the mag!!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #83
Crack that whip
IndyFan

For those of you who ordered the first issue from IndianaJonesShop.com, have your orders shipped? I'm still awaiting an order from the online Indy shop which included both the first issue of the magazine, which ships in "May," and the Complete Making of Indiana Jones book, which was to ship May 22. Other items in this order were already released and in stock, so I'm guessing my order hasn't shipped yet because it's waiting on the magazine, but I don't know for sure, of course...
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #84
TennesseeKorben
IndyFan

Man, I can't find the magainze anywhere. I even ordered a subscription but have yet to recieve the first issue, grr!
TennesseeKorben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #85
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard24
Yeah, I found that out after the fact unfortunately! If you have the making of book, don't waste your money on the mag!!

Man, that is good to hear! I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday, expressly to pick up this magazine, and picked up The Complete Making of instead. I couldn't justify adding another $10 to my bill...sounds like I "chose wisely"
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #86
Michael24
IndyFan

I still haven't found the magazine anywhere yet (my mom is gonna check Barnes & Noble when she goes to work tomorrow), but does anybody know if this will be more than one issue? I like when they just make these a single stand-alone publication and not multiple issues. The official Terminator 3 magazine was two parts and I was never able to find #2.

I wonder why the magazine is no longer in the on-line Indy store, either?
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #87
JimmyPSHayes
IndyFan

Issue #4 is in the newest issue of Previews, so it looks like it's going to stick around awhile.
JimmyPSHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 AM   #88
Horchata
IndyFan

Yeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Horchata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #89
Flash Dixson
IndyFan

I got the first issue, It was great, It is alot better than star wars insider know adays.
Flash Dixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #90
Ignatius Stone
IndyFan

It's not hard to be better than SW Insider! That mag has gone way downhill since Titan took over.

I suspect that once the Indy mag gets past the first issue, its quality will probably be about on a par with the Insider.
Ignatius Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #91
Flash Dixson
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius Stone
It's not hard to be better than SW Insider! That mag has gone way downhill since Titan took over.

I suspect that once the Indy mag gets past the first issue, its quality will probably be about on a par with the Insider.
I hope not.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #92
Crack that whip
IndyFan

*ahem*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
For those of you who ordered the first issue from IndianaJonesShop.com, have your orders shipped? I'm still awaiting an order from the online Indy shop which included both the first issue of the magazine, which ships in "May," and the Complete Making of Indiana Jones book, which was to ship May 22. Other items in this order were already released and in stock, so I'm guessing my order hasn't shipped yet because it's waiting on the magazine, but I don't know for sure, of course...

Anyone?

Bueller?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #93
Crack that whip
IndyFan

Well, you can all heave big sighs of relief, as I finally received notice yesterday my order shipped.

I wonder whether it'll get here before my subscription copy...
Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #94
Lao_Che
IndyFan

How can Star Wars Insider be worse than a magazine made up of (mostly) Complete Making of Indiana Jones excerpts?
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #95
Flash Dixson
IndyFan

Because, this is a first issue. sta wars insider, is basically the same issue every month.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #96
Mutt-Jones III
IndyFan

Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodazone
Check out the upcoming Indiana Jones Magazine and its exclusive cover variant from Diamond!!!

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/pu...s=259&ai=66533
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indiana Jones and the Magazine

Indiana Jones Magazine issue #1 newsstand cover

Exclusive Indiana Jones Magazine issue #1 cover available only through Diamond Comic Distributors

Anyone who doesn’t live under a rock knows that Harrison Ford is donning the fedora and stubble again this summer in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy fans are excitedly bouncing off the walls waiting for the movie, while soaking up every media nook and cranny until then.

Nineteen years has passed since the last film, but our scruffy hero is still working hard. The Last Crusade ended in 1938 near the beginning of World War II and this new Indy flick picks up nineteen years later in 1957. The character, and the actor, has aged but remains vital and ready for adventure, again, as does the actor. Indiana is enjoying a relaxed lifestyle teaching before being sent on a quest to South America. Living legends Steven Spielberg and George Lucas directed and executively produced The Crystal Skull. Starring along with Ford are Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett, returning Indy star Karen Allen, and rising star Shia LaBeouf.

Answering the call for all things Indiana Jones is the new magazine following his adventures: Indiana Jones Magazine. Containing tons of movie news, the magazine covers all the action with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, interviews with the cast and crew, and much more.

This special commemorative movie edition first issue contains 100 full color pages, for $9.99 and will be in stores on May 22, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
100 pages!!!

Took them long enough!

Last edited by Moedred : 06-25-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: pics made the thread too wide
Mutt-Jones III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #97
Michael24
IndyFan

So basically, if you already have "The Complete Making of Indiana Jones," you don't really need this magazine? I still haven't been able to find it, but if it doesn't offer much else than what's already into the KOTCS section of "The Complete Making of," then I guess I'll just pass.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #98
Ignatius Stone
IndyFan

Standard cover:

Ignatius Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #99
Bowie Fett
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24
So basically, if you already have "The Complete Making of Indiana Jones," you don't really need this magazine? I still haven't been able to find it, but if it doesn't offer much else than what's already into the KOTCS section of "The Complete Making of," then I guess I'll just pass.

That's what I thought, however, more than half of the magazine includes material (interviews, pics, etc.) not in the "Complete" book.

Bowie Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #100
SirRichardsTomb
IndyFan

Picked up a copy of issue 1 today with white cover, does anybody know why this is different from the normal version I have seen here.
SirRichardsTomb is offline   Reply With Quote