Moedred
Administrator

Odd, like Michael Crichton's "Sphere."
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #27
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by barranca
I want to see the page where Agent Spalko reveals she's really a man!

I bet you'd like to find out. Well, this pretty much confirms what I've been saying. Menaced again.
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:07 PM   #28
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
I bet you'd like to find out. Well, this pretty much confirms what I've been saying. Menaced again.

You are the most negative and depressing person on this forum.

Don't go see it, and stop trying to ruin other people's excitement. Save your money, don't waste it on a film you hate made by people you hate.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #29
Agent Spalko

In a few more days you will probably agree.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #30
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
In a few more days you will probably agree.

Nah. I know pretty much everything that happens in this film from visiting the spoiler forum, and I have to say I think it's going to be in either second or third place. But I'm not going to judge the film until I see how it all gells out on the big screen. Which is what most people should do imo. A lot moments in the the original Indy movies would sound stupid on paper, especially LC's comedic moments. For example, the whole scene where Indy and Henry are being chased by the plane and the guy looks at his engine on fire with a dumb face, then Henry's comment, "They don't come any closer than that!" and two seconds later their car ends up in a hole because of a bomb. Very cheesy. But put on screen, it works out a lot better and is kind of funny.

My guess is that the general public will love it (for example, a lot of my friends and those on non-Indy message boards know spoilers about it and think it's awesome. They even think the whole fridge scene is going to rock and be hiliarious). But I think the fanboy's opinions on this one will be mixed--like the reception to ToD. Because both of them are so different from the 'Biblical' Indy movies.

Last edited by Raiders112390 : 05-16-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #31
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
You are the most negative and depressing person on this forum.

Don't go see it, and stop trying to ruin other people's excitement. Save your money, don't waste it on a film you hate made by people you hate.

dude, We all see Spalko for what he/she'it is...they will LOVE the movie and will NEVER say it...The problems they had with it have already been shown to be handled in the INDY style so now they have to find something else to hate.

Typical Internet nobody
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #32
Avilos
IndyFan

I have only one person on my ignore list.... Take a guess? I just wish so many people did not quote their posts!
Avilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:36 AM   #33
Jndy
IndyFan

Guys, it's not just Agent Spalko. A lot of diehard Indy fans, myself included, are wondering if Lucas will trash the series the way he did Star Wars.

George Lucas is insane. I hope that Spielberg and Koepp can moderate Lucas' madness.
Jndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:06 AM   #34
Jason
IndyFan

Lucas isn't mad because he's not catering to your desires. If this were Star Wars, I'd say you're going to get what Lucas wants, not what you expect. In regards to Indiana Jones, he's the one that was holding the thing up to make sure it was right, not Spielberg and Ford. Beyond all that, he's admitted the only difference in this thing is that it's in the 50s but other than that, it's the same old hat...or fedora for that matter.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #35
Darth Vile
IndyFan

I have to agree with tnswman here, in that it looks like the aliens/crystal skull are going to be treated as metaphysically as the Ark/the Devine were from the previous movies. There certainly are not going to be any little green men and flying saucers attacking the White House. So it looks like the major concern of some is largely unfounded. Lets move on...
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:26 AM   #36
jtobin13
IndyFan

vilage scene

any cowboys in it??? or gauchos??
jtobin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #37
DrBeezer
IndyFan

I'm curious to know how old everyone is here.
DrBeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #38
MattJones
IndyFan

Location: Note about username: I made this back when we thought Shia's character COULD have been Matthew Jones. Oh well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
dude, We all see Spalko for what he/she'it is...

That was the first sentence I read in this thread... I was suddenly worried that we'd find out at the end of KOTCS that Spalko actually is a guy.
MattJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #39
indyfan105
IndyFan

since this is a spoiler section of the forum.. I want to say something about this thread. be warned.. spoilers..

I saw the end of the comic book for indy 4.. it certainly make sense to me.. one of the rules in scriptwriting is that the hero is wanting something. we see that indy lost both his father and his friend brody. he is probably wishing that he has a family. he gets one at the end of the movie. for me.. that works. besides him and marion were made for each other anyways.. you also got that. I have no problem that mutt is his son. its probably better that way.

Jacob
indyfan105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #40
TideHorn78
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan105
since this is a spoiler section of the forum.. I want to say something about this thread. be warned.. spoilers..

I saw the end of the comic book for indy 4.. it certainly make sense to me.. one of the rules in scriptwriting is that the hero is wanting something. we see that indy lost both his father and his friend brody. he is probably wishing that he has a family. he gets one at the end of the movie. for me.. that works. besides him and marion were made for each other anyways.. you also got that. I have no problem that mutt is his son. its probably better that way.

Jacob

I agree 100%
TideHorn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #41
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtobin13
any cowboys in it??? or gauchos??

LOL!! Maybe a glimpse of one Buddy!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #42
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan105

Jacob

and you are 100% correct..Let's just say that indy learned a LOT from his father during and after TLC..and it shows up here at the end of the story BIG TIME in the temple!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #43
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones
That was the first sentence I read in this thread... I was suddenly worried that we'd find out at the end of KOTCS that Spalko actually is a guy.

Sorry bro!! I was talking about the Massive indy 4 hater on his forum You actually feel kind of sorry for the REAL Spalko in the movie
Old 05-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #44
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
Sorry bro!! I was talking about the Massive indy 4 hater on his forum You actually feel kind of sorry for the REAL Spalko in the movie

Never said I hated it, only that I was disappointed.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #45
MattJones
IndyFan

Location: Note about username: I made this back when we thought Shia's character COULD have been Matthew Jones. Oh well...
Quote:
Never said I hated it, only that I was disappointed.

Hey, I trust Agent Spalko (the poster)'s judgment. There are only a couple wet blankets in this forum... Agent Spalko isn't one of them.
MattJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #46
indyfan105
IndyFan

thanks for the support on my post.

Jacob
indyfan105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #47
Skipper
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones
Hey, I trust Agent Spalko (the poster)'s judgment. There are only a couple wet blankets in this forum... Agent Spalko isn't one of them.
All of Agent Spalko's posts are negative. He/she even bashes the soundtrack!

If you don't like Indy or you think the new movie will suck, then fine. But why spend your time posting on an Indy fan forum unless you just derive pleasure from trying to ruin the fun for everyone else?
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #48
Agent Spalko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper
All of Agent Spalko's posts are negative. He/she even bashes the soundtrack!

If you don't like Indy or you think the new movie will suck, then fine. But why spend your time posting on an Indy fan forum unless you just derive pleasure from trying to ruin the fun for everyone else?

I gave my honest opinion of the soundtrack. It sorely lacks the signature themes and leitmotifs of Crusade or Doom. Williams phones it in. Apparently a person can't post a critical viewpoint without getting attacked by the circle-jerk bandwagon. Keep drinking the kool-aid.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #49
Jndy
IndyFan

Some people only post positive, gushing remarks about how brilliant Indy 4 will be. Others only post bitter jeremiads about how Indy 4 represents the decline of cinema.

I guarantee that neither poster is right, but they still have a right to post their opinion. Until the Raven changes posting guidelines to "Must love Lucas," I will continue to defend anti-Lucas posters.

The guy's insane. Feces-smearing insane. Talks-to-the-radio insane. Casting-Hayden-Christensen-as-Darth-Vader-what-the-hell insane. Yet I still think that Indy 4 will be pretty good as long as Spielberg/Koepp have influence.
Jndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #50
Skipper
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jndy
Until the Raven changes posting guidelines to "Must love Lucas," I will continue to defend anti-Lucas posters.

The guy's insane. Feces-smearing insane. Talks-to-the-radio insane. Casting-Hayden-Christensen-as-Darth-Vader-what-the-hell insane. Yet I still think that Indy 4 will be pretty good as long as Spielberg/Koepp have influence.
How noble that you'll continue to defend anti-Lucas posters when you yourself are an anti-Lucas poster! (But in all seriousness, I do share your misgivings about Lucas.)

For the record, I don't expect Indy 4 to be a great film. I expect it to be pretty much like the first 3, and since I love Indy, I'll love the movie.

I think critics of the movie are holding it up to an impossible standard. If TOD came out today, it would get ROASTED by the critics (even more than it did when it first came out). I watched it the other day, and objectively, it's just a ridiculous movie. Pretty much all of Willie's lines are cringe-inducing (and it's not Kate Capshaw's fault).
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote