Trivia Questions of the Day!

indifan101

Here's today's trivia questions.

In Empire Strikes Back what is the name of the head captain on board the Super Star Destroyer?

A. Captain Skeezer
B. Grand Mof Tarkin
C. Captain Akbar
D. Captain Needer

In Saving Private Ryan which character does Tom Hanks play?

A. Private Pyle
B. Captain Miller
C. Joker
D. Private Reiben

What was the name of the 1950's black and white war t.v. show?

A. China Beach
B. Combat
C. Band of Brothers
D. English Patient

Stay tuned for more trivia questions everyday!

Grimdiana Bones

indifan101 said:
Sorry Colonel by the last answer was B. Good job on the other two! :)

That was a great show! I caught it once early in the morning on some cable channel. They need to make good tv like that again :)

indifan101

Hey Indy fans! Here's today's trivia questions! War movies are usally made 10 or more years after the real war. But in 1969 John Wayne played a soldier in a Vietnam war movie during the Vietnam War's bloodiest year? What was the movie called?

A. Hamburger Hill
B. Full Metal Jacket
C. To Hell and Back
D. The Green Berets

Which famous board game first came out in 1935 and still sells over 25 million copies worldwide? Plus has hundreds of different versions?

A. Batlleship
B. Clue
C. Monopoly
D. Life

Stay tuned for more trivia questions tommorow!

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I merged the two threads, I think it's better to keep the trivia questions in one thread.

indifan101

Thanks vaxer! Hey great job to everyone on those questions! Your answers are all right! We'll see how good you do on tommorow's trivia questions! See you then! :)

indifan101

Hey Indy fans! Here's today's trivia questions.

What college football championship game had the most dramatic ending where one universitie's band was still on the field when the winning touchdown was scored by the opposing team? Which two teams were in this championship game? *Hint. John Elway attened at one of these universities!

A. Ohio State v.s. Michigan
B. Oklahoma v.s. Nebraska
C. Stanford v.s. California
D. Floridia State v.s. Floridia

In what year did Jimmy Carter boycott the Moscow Olympics?

A. 1982
B. 1986
C. 1979
D. 1983

Stay tuned for more trivia questions tommorow! :)

indifan101

Wow good job on the first question! I didn't think anyone would get that question right! :D Nice try on the second one, but your answer is wrong. The answer is D.! Lets see how you do on tommorow's trivia questions! Good luck to all!

Joe Brody

Jimmy Carter was out of office in '80, so without giving it much thought I took the year nearest the end of his term. I'll have to check that question.

EDIT: from historychannel.com:

Carter: "I can't say at this moment what other nations will not go to the Summer Olympics in Moscow. Ours will not go." (March 21, 1980)

In January 1980, in protest of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, President Jimmy Carter announced that U.S. athletes would not attend the Summer Olympic Games in Moscow unless Soviet forces withdrew from Afghanistan by February 20. The arrival of the deadline coincided with the Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, New York, where events, such as the amateur U.S. hockey team's "Miracle on Ice" victory over the Soviet super-team, demonstrated the undeniable propaganda potential of the Olympics.

Last edited:

indifan101

Trivia Question of the day for those who have different time zones

Trivia questions of the Day! Here's some hard ones! :D

In what month, date, and year did the flag raising at Iwo Jima occur?

A. September 1 1939
B. June 6 1944
C. February 23 1945
D. December 2 1941

In NHL history, how many seconds did the fastest overtime winning goal take?

A. 14 seconds
B. 10 seconds
C. 7 seconds
D. 9 seconds

Stay tuned for the mourning trivia questions! :D See ya then!

indifan101

These questions were pretty hard huh The fastest goal scored was in 9 seconds and noboby has ever beat that time! :D That one was a curveball for you guys! The flag raising at Iwo Jima took place on February 23 1945.
Lets see how you do on today's trivia questions!

Last edited:

indifan101

Trivia questions of the day!

Hey Indy fans! Got some more trivia questions for ya! They get harder now!

In the video game Medal of Honor Rising Sun, what is the main character's name?

A. Gunnery Hartman
B. Joseph Griffin
C. Lara Croft
D. Donnie Griffin

On lent how many days do you give up something?

A. 20 days
B. 30 days
C. 40 days
D. 50 days

Good luck to all! These are only going to get harder! :D