Official Whip

I

Indy's_main_man

i'm not sure...Just worried about these ridiculously overpriced maddy tickets...700 dollars for nosebleeds seats! not fair.

IndyMcFly

Indy's_main_man said:
700 dollars for nosebleeds seats! not fair.

You know how many Akubras you could get for $700? Better yet, you could get an Akubra, some good boots (Aldens, hint hint), and a Wested, not to mention a good stock of LL Bean stuff or a set of Wested shirt and pants! Don't spend $700 for a one night thing, spend $700 on stuff that you'll have for years, and makes you look great, too!

In Christ,
Shane

Pale Horse

Staff member
IndyMcFly said:
You know how many Akubras you could get for $700? Better yet, you could get an Akubra, some good boots (Aldens, hint hint), and a Wested, not to mention a good stock of LL Bean stuff or a set of Wested shirt and pants! Don't spend $700 for a one night thing, spend $700 on stuff that you'll have for years, and makes you look great, too!

In Christ,
Shane

Experience outweighs materialism. Everytime.

I

Indy's_main_man

During Halloween I stand outside dressed as Indy (in the cairo scenes) showing off my whipping abilities. I live in Wisconsin...in october...with a half unbuttoned shirt....It's cold. Dunno why I told you that.

anyway. The Disney whips just looked really good. Something to hang on your wall or take to costume parties. I'm sure you can crack it once or twice...but more then that it may be damaged.

the hammer42

I got my David morgan whip about 7 months ago.
It's the same as the one Harrison uses in the raiders.
I got pretty good at it.
At first I whipped myself over the head with it. But now I got it under controle.

I

Indy's_main_man

I said I've SEEn 700 dollar tickets for nose bleed seats.

Thanks to the magic of Ebay and my parent's money I was able to scare floor seats for 200 bucks.

I

Indy's_main_man

200 ducks for floor seats aint bad at all. actually Madonna's site is offering a special package that is 700 dollars and you get:

Platinum Ticket Package includes:
1 Excellent Top Price Level Seat
VIP Collectible Laminate for preferred entry
VIP Venue Entrance
Limited Edition Collectible Tour Poster
Onsite Individual to Assist Package Purchasers
and a VIP reception at the venue

anyway back to the gear b4 the mods yell at us

I

Indy's_main_man

Come on. It's Possibly Madonna's last tour...she's legendary

Is your fedora immune to weather? like water proof and such?

I

Indy's_main_man

I'm a big fan

I wouldn't go to a cher concert for fear of getting sprinkled with botox is a leak is sprung. never fear, i'll get the hat. never the less, it seems 100 dollars is a bit steep for a hat.

I

Indy's_main_man

It is for me. I recently spent money to see Jerry Seinfeld. That was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had.

Plus if we stay 2 hours and hang around the venue maybe I can score an autograph or hand shake...that makes up for some money

I

Indy's_main_man

I am saving for a morgan david whip...That might take a while

I

Indy's_main_man

When it comes to something like that I want it to be high quality

IndyMcFly

Ah, get a hat... there's nothing like walkin' around with an Indy hat on, feeling like you can conquer the world. (Or maybe that's just me... heheh...) Well, it is your money, spend it as you will... but remember, "experience outweighs materialism, every time." You spend your $200 and see Madonna, maybe get an autograph, maybe shake her hand, maybe go home without anything but a memory of a fun night. Or, you spend $200 on a great hat and a good pair of shirt and pants, and begin a journey that will last you years, years of great memories of wonderful people and maybe spectacular places, you can take your gear with you wherever you want, and you can have fun doing it. You can take photos of yourself in your gear at locations around the world when you go on vacation, and you can look stylish, recieve numerous comments and praise, you can have the best Halloween costume on the neighborhood, and you can be Harrison Ford's twin. ;) Your choice... I don't want to be one who's telling you what to do with your money, I'm only making a suggestion, it's up to you... God bless.

In Christ,
Shane

I

Indy's_main_man

Since I have enough to buy a Akubra Federation I'll do that as opposed to waiting to get the whip. As well as a new pair of khakis and a safari shirt. In the long run I'm sure it'll prove to be worth it.

I've already purchased the Maddy tickets and that's not gonna change. However, this summer begins my quest to improve my Ingygear collection. Soon i'll have enough money to buy the shirt and pants on top of what I have to buy the fedora right now.

No more cheap disney stuff.

Kate

I have a quick question, ya'll: What exactly do you do with an official Indy whip? Or is the answer not appropriate for this board? :p