Custom PLAYSETS & DIORAMAS with your INDY TOYS!!

Lance Quazar

inky_skin said:
Yeah, I always wondered if there is some mythical bar someplace where Marlowe, Jones, O'Connell, Sky Captain, Cutter and Secord hang out and swap stories ;)

For those of you who are interested, Sophia is now up on the Custom Figures thread...

That'd be the Floating Vagabond....

inky_skin

Lance Quazar

inky_skin said:
Me likey ! Seriously though, I dig that all those characters could be contemporaries. I don't know how you bring the various licences together, but I'd snap up a line that did Indy, The Rocketeer, The Mummy and Sky Captain in a single 'Movie Maniacs' type wave. Until then, there's always customising :)

Actually, there IS a 1:18 scale Sky Captain figure...comes with the plane!

http://actionheroes.homestead.com/reviewstwohundredsix.html

Doesn't look much like him, but seems cool.

Though, knowing Ultimate Soldier's line, he's probably noticeably taller than Indy figures.

Still, cool plane!

Billy Ray

Glad to see some love for Sky Captain! I love that movie. I was really looking forward to some merchandise for the movie when it came out, but alas there was really nothing besides this plane (which I missed out on), I didn't even know about it for the longest time.

vf wing

And I didn't know about the BK promotion. Great score on those crates CB and love the pics! Makes me long for my old Well of Souls. Hopefully it'll turn up one of these days!!

I'm curious to hear more about a Temple Altar, inky skin! Hope the mine cart goes over well for ya!

sebillba

inky_skin said:
sebillba - thanks for the heads-up mate. Those Battle Packs are a real nice deal for we customisers...

An even better deal right now.... Woollies have got a 3 for 2 offer on all toys this weekend, so I just picked up the three sets - they work out to less than £2 per figure!! Though I'm going to keep mine sealed for display.

inky_skin

sebillba said:
An even better deal right now.... Woollies have got a 3 for 2 offer on all toys this weekend, so I just picked up the three sets - they work out to less than £2 per figure!! Though I'm going to keep mine sealed for display.

Just purchased and cracked open the Tank Chase set so I can start working on Deitrich ;)

Luke Skywalker

Two photos:

indy3.jpg

indy4.jpg

Well, they aren't dioramas or play sets, but this is what I have currently displayed:

2956018049_dbeb6eaabc.jpg

2956018365_4306c89cc3.jpg

2956018211_56585d684f.jpg

A buddy picked up a TOD Indy for me, currently I have the Map Room Indy head swapped Cairo Indy as a stand in.

The eventual plan is to have 2 display cases, one just a small one with a vintage, Disney and Modern Indy. the second with 3 or 4 shelves of figures. The 1st shelf with an Indy from each movie. The second shelf with the Artifacts grouped by movie, like I have now with the figures (with the crystal skeleton throne when it arrives), then the bottom Indy on various outfits (some kitbashed & customized). A possible fourth shelf would be a villain from each movie: Belloq, Mola Ram, Vogel & Spalko.

I'd liek to have more to display on the artifact shelves, since the Skeleton will be pretty large. I'm thinking of making a Nazi Ark Crate, the Skull altar from ToD, and Sir Richards tomb after seeing some cool customs on here.

-Dan

Nurhachi1991

I'm putting all of my hidden relics inside my Akator set.

Treasures from every period in time and with the 2 crystal skeletons in there it looks awesome

Wish we would of gotten a Mac figure so he could loot the treausre room

RaidersoftheArk

Looks nice,have you got any pictures from that book on the left side? The Crystall skull box,is that a backside inlay of the KOTCS or is that just the back side??

The book is actually the Targert Blu-Ray movie case\book without the slipcase, the KotCS skull box is the side of the gift box with the regular 2 disk DVD slipcase inside it.

glorbes

Well, here's a project I've been picking away at for about a week now...a generic tomb/castle/playset thing for Indy figs:

Floor unpainted:
2008_1021indycollectiontemple0006.jpg

Floor painted:
2008_1021indycollectiontemple0010.jpg

Very tedious. I traced the shape of the styrene onto a piece of thinner styrene, then drew the pattern of the stones. I then cut out the pattern, piece by piece, sanded and weathered the edges, and glued them onto the thicker styrene, reassembling the pattern like a puzzle.

Here are the two walls:
2008_1021indycollectiontemple0011.jpg

The large empty circle on the right wall will be filled with some sort of relief or mosaic pattern...don't know what yet though. I keep on see-sawing back and forth on what to do with this...one moment I think it should be the start of a modular Castle Grunwald playset, or I should make it a crusty old tomb. I'm leaning more towards a tomb...and I intend to add another level to it and detail the outside. I think I may be crazy starting a project like this without a set plan, but its more my experimenting than anything else.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Mike D

glorbes said:
Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

WOW! That's super sweet! I can really appreciate the amount of work that went into that thing- it's really cool. I always try and go for the real deal, 3- D when I do playsets like that rather than the printed pattern on foamcore model type thing and I know how tedious and exprnsive these things can be to build so kudos for what you've done so far. I will always lean more towards a tomb than a castle, but the window sorta' says castle to me, although I suppose some musoleums may have windows. Perhaps it's the ruin of a castle and the tomb is somewhere underneath like the library in Venic in LC. I always loved the images in Mike Mignola's Hellboy comics of those ruined european castles with miles of unexplored catacombs beneath that Hellboy is always falling through. Just a suggestion... but I really love what you've done!