Hey, Lucas & Spielberg here are some locations!

Indy Brazil

My first post at TheRaven! I would like to suggest a place in my home land, there are a lot of possibilities (in fact Crystal Skull has already used one) so I will say one in my city.

How about the Pedra da Gávea (literally Rock of the Topsail) in Rio de Janeiro, the world's largest monolith on a coastline? It's sorrounded of mistery. The rock looks like having a carved face. Legends say that there are Phoenician inscriptions on the rock. Some believe it is the sphinx of a king and it has a portal to the mythical kingdom of Shamballah, the chief city of the Agharta, mythological land of advanced races and knowledge living at the center of the hollow earth or even a portal to Atlantis.

Pedra_da_Gvea.jpg

The "Portal":
main.php

The face:
RJ-Rio-Pedra-da-Gavea2-Paul.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

Le Saboteur

Indy's brother said:
C'mon folks, I'm not the only one who uses google image search... Find some more! Remember, there's no reason Lucas couldn't mine our research for ideas! Get proactive!

Well, here's a couple of locations. I might post more, but I think you're taking the wrong approach to this. (You're also not going to get Ford & The Beards anywhere more exotic than Hawaii.) Granted, it's nice; the need for "cultures" I find paramount.

The Kali Gandaki Gorge, Nepal

nepal_101.jpg

Tengboche Monastery, Nepal

Monastery-of-the-Clouds-MAG2.jpg

Kerala, India

dream.jpg

kerala-alleppey2.jpg

Konark Sun Temple, Orissa, India (also known as the Black Pagoda)

cornish1880s1.jpg

Le Saboteur

The relatively unknown French Guiana could be an interesting jump off point for a larger adventure (again) in South America. If you've seen Papillon, you might remember that Devil's Island (Île du Diable) is one of the three Iles de Salut just off the coast.

normal_Ile_Saint-Joseph_0011.jpg

normal_Ile_Royal_0119.jpg

devils_island071.jpg

3467966111_5a06063100.jpg

french-guiana-0008.jpg

You can find larger snaps over here and here, and here.

I'll need to look up when they were first stationed there, but the 3rd Foreign Infantry Regiment of La Legion is garrisoned there. Lots of potential for villains and sidekicks.

Indy's brother

Hahahaha! This just keeps getting better the more I find, don't the reefs look like the remnants of some sort of underwater symbol or geoglyph? Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, "The Entrance to Atlantis":

great_blue_hole_belize_6sfw.jpg

Here's another shot with some boats to give it some scale:

great_blue_hole_belize_3sfw.jpg

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Hahahaha! This just keeps getting better the more I find, don't the reefs look like the remnants of some sort of underwater symbol or geoglyph? Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, "The Entrance to Atlantis":

great_blue_hole_belize_6sfw.jpg

I see the Greek letter Omega above the symbol of a fish.

What can it mean??? :confused:

Col. Detritch

Lady's and Gentelmen of the Raven I give you Dozmary Pool at Bodmin Moor England:

dozmary_pool.jpg

Now before you say ?it doesn't look like much? (which is true) it is said that Dozmary is the lake in which Excalibur resides! Plus I think this location has its advantages (other than the artifact); picture a speed boat chase across the lake to get Excalibur. Indy hasn't been to England in a movie and he should because it's pretty great, I already imagining Indy in late 1950's London meeting with an old colleague.

Zakynthos aka 'Zante', Greece:

Greece-Zakynthos-aka-Zante-Navagio-aka-Smugglers-Cove-aka-Shipwreck-Cove-cargo-ship-remains-half-buried-white-sheer-cliffs-tweaked-2-JR.jpg

Meteora Agios Triadas- Holy Trinity Monastery, Greece:

agia-triada-from-stephen-cc-jason-morrison-p.jpg

:hat:

Indy's brother

Hmm. Just had a thought. It's been awhile since I've seen Ennis House in a movie:

1212155736.jpg

thumb.jpg

20080722.4402315.jpg

ennis_interior.jpg

5018200336-1.JPG

306658-EnnisHouse_3_CC.jpg

I could see it working, it's not like Ford's never been there, either. ;)

Indy's brother

Blood Falls, Antarctica

blood-falls.2260.large_slideshow.jpg

This five-story, blood-red waterfall pours very slowly out of the Taylor Glacier in Antarctica's McMurdo Dry Valleys. When geologists first discovered the frozen waterfall in 1911, they thought the red color came from algae, but its true nature turned out to be much more spectacular.

Roughly two million years ago, the Taylor Glacier sealed beneath it a small body of water which contained an ancient community of microbes. Trapped below a thick layer of ice, they have remained there ever since, isolated inside a natural time capsule. Evolving independently of the rest of the living world, these microbes exist in a place with no light or free oxygen and little heat, and are essentially the definition of "primordial ooze." The trapped lake has very high salinity and is rich in iron, which gives the waterfall its red color. A fissure in the glacier allows the subglacial lake to flow out, forming the falls without contaminating the ecosystem within.

The existence of the Blood Falls ecosystem shows that life can exist in the most extreme conditions on Earth. Though tempting to make the connection, it does not prove, however, that life could exist on other planets with similar environments and similar bodies of frozen water—notably Mars and Jupiter's moon Europa—as such life would have to arise from a completely different chain of events.

Even if it doesn't confirm the existence of extraterrestrial life, Antarctica's Blood Falls is a wonder to behold both visually and scientifically.
Link