TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #26
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

So long as they release them I will be happy.
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #27
LaoCheRules!
IndyFan

The Marvel series might be 3 Omnibusses just by itsself.

And I believe that they are doing the Young Indy Omnibus before the Marvel ones.
LaoCheRules! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #28
Edward The Head
IndyFan

I've owned the whole set so I don't go looking, but still 80-90 isn't that expensive really, that's just over $2 for each. Had I not bought them all I wouldn't have a problem spending that much.
Edward The Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #29
Perhilion
IndyFan

Why would Dark Horse do an omnibus with Marvel comics? Isn't that sort of like Pepsi including a free Coca Cola with every bottle?
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #30
yodazone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhilion
Why would Dark Horse do an omnibus with Marvel comics? Isn't that sort of like Pepsi including a free Coca Cola with every bottle?

Well, the Marvel/Indy comics have been out of print since the '80s and Dark Horse holds the rights to release them in trades. Which is good because the old artwork will now be reprinted on newer/higher quality paper and not the old newspaper page format which age and change color over time in comics. The new remastered collection should look awesome in today's glossy printing paper. It's a win win for Indy fans.

yodazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #31
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

I'm still having trouble finding the first Omnibus. I checked my comic shop again this week and they still don't have it. I also checked a Borders book store and they don't have it as well.

I have some holes in my Indy comic collection I need to fill. I'm going to get both the Omnibus and the original issues.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #32
Perhilion
IndyFan

Barnes & Noble has it.
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #33
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhilion
Barnes & Noble has it.

Thanks. I have a Barnes & Noble members card I can use on it.

I'll be getting my money's worth out of that this year that is for sure.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #34
phantom train
IndyFan

Quote:

"Well, the Marvel/Indy comics have been out of print since the '80s and Dark Horse holds the rights to release them in trades. Which is good because the old artwork will now be reprinted on newer/higher quality paper and not the old newspaper page format which age and change color over time in comics. The new remastered collection should look awesome in today's glossy printing paper. It's a win win for Indy fans."

Absolutely - the new Marvel reprints will look great, if done correctly. They are also the oldest Indy comics out there, so it will have been a long time since people have seen these (longer than the DH Indy comics).

I have a couple of concerns about the Marvel Omnibus collection(s), however:

* First of all, I hope they include all of the great covers, since the DH Omnibus format has historically only included 2-5 of the covers, not all of them.

* Secondly, I hope that this actually does get released. As has been discussed on this forum in previous threads, it's unlikely that this Mavel Omnibus will come out before the end of calendar year 2008. So, hopefully there will still be enough interest at that time to release this, since it will be coming out long after Indy 4 hits theatres.
phantom train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #35
Maybe.Not Today
IndyFan

I just bought the first volume of the DH Omnibus and it's amazing. I forgot how much fun all these issues were.
Maybe.Not Today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #36
yodazone
IndyFan

I wonder if Dark Horse is going to use the "Omnibus format" or the oversized Trade Collection format for the Indiana Jones/Marvel run.

A few years ago, Dark Horse collected the entire Star Wars Marvel Comics run (107 issues plus the adaptaions) into these great big 7 volume oversized Trades with 20 issues per volume. Those Trades included all the covers and were remastered/printed on better paper. That would be the best way for the Indy Marvel run to go.

http://www.darkhorse.com/search/sear...+long+time+ago

The newer "Omnibus" books are smaller in size causing shrinkage to the artwork pages!

Hopefully Dark Horse will go for the oversized trade format for the Marvel Comics run instead of the smaller/manga sized omnibus books.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #37
indyclone25
IndyFan

the further adventures of indiana jones

many of (if not all ) may have these comic books made by marvel comics --- i'm going to show the first two issues which i think , may the best two books in the entire series ---isuues 1-2 so if you haven't seen these enjoy and if you have m well i hope this brings back fond memories
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/indyclone25/

Last edited by Moedred : 08-19-2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: comic pages removed
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #38
phantom train
IndyFan

Great thread! Thanks for posting these pages. I remember reading these first two issues when they first came out back in the early
'80's. The John Byrne script and artwork were excellent - I would have to say these are the best two issues of the Marvel series, and may be the best two Indiana Jones comics ever.

Here's hoping Dark Horse re-colors and reprints this whole series at some point soon! Though the rest of the issues weren't quite as good as the first two Byrne issues, on a whole the series was very good and I enjoyed it more than any of the Dark Horse IJ comics
mini-series.

Last edited by phantom train : 08-04-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #39
Johnny Jones
IndyFan

Thanks a million, dude! I was too young at the time to get these when they came out. I hope they do release them again, but in the meantime, you're a lifesaver!
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #40
phantom train
IndyFan

Thanks again for posting the second issue! Great story and art - reading these two issues really brought back memories. I haven't read these in 25+ years, and they really hold up well.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #41
indyclone25
IndyFan

i'm glad you enjoyed it --- maybe if enough people want more i'll scan the next issue, let me know
Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #42
Johnny Jones
IndyFan

By all means, YES, that would be great!
I hope our appreciation makes up for the inconveniences?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #43
phantom train
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyclone25
i'm glad you enjoyed it --- maybe if enough people want more i'll scan the next issue, let me know

If you had time to scan the next issue, that would be great - If memory serves, it takes place right after issue #2 (after Indy jumps out of the plane). Thanks again for scanning these issues. I used to have some of these comics, but they're long gone.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #44
indyclone25
IndyFan

i'm a bit busy this morning --- we ahd some rough storms here last night -- so i have a bit of cleaning up to do outside but i will have issue three up soon
Old 08-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #45
Johnny Jones
IndyFan

Don't feel rushed, this is a volunteer effort on your part after all, and life happens. I'm curious though about why no one is posting here except you, phantom train and I. Does everyone else really already have these comics?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #46
indyclone25
IndyFan

it's possible ---- but i figured that anyone who hasn't seen them would enjoy seeing them ---- i have the entire series ---so eventaully this could be a long thread
Old 08-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #47
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
I'm curious though about why no one is posting here except you, phantom train and I. Does everyone else really already have these comics?
There is a fair amount of members here who have the issues. My series is complete, bought straight from
the rack back in the day. Love 'em! Some great character and stories in there and #1 & 2 are two of the best.

Perhaps some people just take it for granted that almost anything/everything can be found on the 'net?
Ex. the "Secret de la Pyramide" thread. It got 1,500 hits but only a handful of people (yourself included)
participated. Add the fact that there is a percentage of visitors who don't actually talk about Indy at all.

However, if there are Omnibus editions planned for the Marvel series, this thread could have an effect on sales.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #48
Johnny Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
However, if there are Omnibus editions planned for the Marvel series, this thread could have an effect on sales.

If that happens, hopefully the moderators will delete the thread or something. I like all these free things but I don't want any of them to go beyond the boundaries of law.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #49
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
If that happens, hopefully the moderators will delete the thread or something. I like all these free things but I don't want any of them to go beyond the boundaries of law.

Bit too late for that.

I was sure I saw a comment by Jeremy Barlow (the then IJ editor) when browsing the Dark Horse message boards a while back saying that had plans for the Marvel issues but I can't seem to find it.
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #50
yodazone
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao_Che
Bit too late for that.

I was sure I saw a comment by Jeremy Barlow (the then IJ editor) when browsing the Dark Horse message boards a while back saying that had plans for the Marvel issues but I can't seem to find it.

I remember one of the editors mentioned on the boards last year that they had a hard time finding the original film to the Indy Marvel Comics for reprints. That they might have to resort to cutting up actual comic issues for scanning/remastering.