Trilogy on Blu-Ray

ROB98374

I'm sure they will release all 4 Indiana Jones movies in the blu-ray set.
Later they will release them individually, although that could be months if not years later.
I'm sure everyone has their favorite movie and their least favorite movie in the series. I don't think they would release a ton of different box-sets with different mixes of the movies to try and please everyone. Buy the box set. It has 4 great Indiana Jones movies in it.

Stoo

digitalfreaknyc said:
Mubis is a well-known spanish blu-ray website. Think of them as the official blu-ray.com for Spain. They have contacts in the industry and used to be known as zonadvd. That may be why you see different titles printed on the spine.

Again, it's entirely possible that this is an early mock-up. I've gotten press materials from LFL before with similar problems.
Thanks for the reply, digitalfreak. I'm well aware that it could be just a typical, quick mock-up but it's rather strange that the 1st image to appear has Spanish titles on the spine with "The Complete Blu-Ray Collection" written in English on the front. Not to mention that it has a Mubis waterwark on it. Kind of fishy, don't you think?
fenris said:
What I want is the collection to have something "collectible" in it. A figurine, statuette, nice Indy-fied box, etc... Not just a plain box set. Like the special KOTCS DVD which had a crystal skull and that dvd case for the trilogy that looked like Indy's luggage and gear.

Make the bluray set like the Harry Potter special edition DVDs; one had a wand, the other had a really neat "box" which looked all potter-ish. You know, something really worth it as a collection.
A cool box would be GREAT but I don't care about a collectible figurine/statuette. (The deluxe boxed set for the "Planet of the Apes" Blu-rays came with a bust statue of Cornelius and I thought, "What the hell am I going to do with this?") If the Indy set ends up including a knick-knack, then somewhere here can have mine.:)

The Drifter

indyclone25 said:
we get it ! you don't like kotcs , stop already!

I agree to an extent.
It's fine to state your opinion on KotCS, but when you barge into every thread just to bash the movie time-and-time again, it gets old. Trollish even.

digitalfreaknyc

Stoo said:
Thanks for the reply, digitalfreak. I'm well aware that it could be just a typical, quick mock-up but it's rather strange that the 1st image to appear has Spanish titles on the spine with "The Complete Blu-Ray Collection" written in English on the front. Not to mention that it has a Mubis waterwark on it. Kind of fishy, don't you think?
A cool box would be GREAT but I don't care about a collectible figurine/statuette. (The deluxe boxed set for the "Planet of the Apes" Blu-rays came with a bust statue of Cornelius and I thought, "What the hell am I going to do with this?") If the Indy set ends up including a knick-knack, then somewhere here can have mine.:)

Mubis/Zona watermark EVERYTHING on their site. Always has.

Not fishy in the least.

Stoo

digitalfreaknyc said:
Mubis/Zona watermark EVERYTHING on their site. Always has.

Not fishy in the least.
C'mon, man! The spine of this image has 2 different languages.

- "The Complete Collection" on the spine is written in English
- The 4 film titles on the spine are written in Spanish

Why is "The Complete Blu-Ray Collection" on the cover written in English?:confused:

It's very fishy...

JackBurton

The picture from the mock-up is the German DVD box which was released 2008 (the re-issues got a big ugly rating sticker on the front).
The titles are german on the spine and there is indeed "The Complete Collection" on the front. Why on english, I don't know, maybe to make it more "international". The three disc set was released as "The adventure collection" also written in english. The combination of two languages is common here in germany, silly but true.

Afterall, the picture is a mock-up. A pretty ugly one. Maybe selfmade from the store to have a placeholder.

Indy's brother

The box set will just have a picture of the King Cool fridge with the log line "These movies will never spoil.". On the back there will be a picture of George, Steven and Harry giving us the raspberry.

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
Consider *it* yours, Indy's brother (if there will be an *it*).;)
JackBurton said:
The picture from the mock-up is the German DVD box which was released 2008 (the re-issues got a big ugly rating sticker on the front).
The titles are german on the spine and there is indeed "The Complete Collection" on the front. Why on english, I don't know, maybe to make it more "international". The three disc set was released as "The adventure collection" also written in english. The combination of two languages is common here in germany, silly but true.
Then I stand corrected.:eek: Thanks for the explanation, Jack.:)
JackBurton said:
Afterall, the picture is a mock-up. A pretty ugly one. Maybe selfmade from the store to have a placeholder.
That's what I'm thinking. It's highly doubtful that the mock-up comes from official sources.

Dr. Gonzo

They'll come at this thing in all ways. Boxed and separate.

Indy's brother said:
The box set will just have a picture of the King Cool fridge with the log line "These movies will never spoil.". On the back there will be a picture of George, Steven and Harry giving us the raspberry.

m219928993.Gif

digitalfreaknyc

Stoo said:
It's highly doubtful that the mock-up comes from official sources.

It's highly definite that the mock-up comes from official sources.

They don't publish material from non-official sources.
It's not a "fan" site.

Stoo

digitalfreaknyc said:
It's highly definite that the mock-up comes from official sources.
"Highly definite"? If that's the case, then it's 'highly definite' that whoever prepared the mock-up was either:

1) Given a VERY SHORT deadline.
2) Not well versed in 3-point perspective.
digitalfreaknyc said:
They don't publish material from non-official sources.
It's not a "fan" site.
Then why did they embed their own watermark on the image?:confused: (Not trying to be belligerent, I'm just curious.)

My biggest question is: What is the explanation for the 1st, web-published image using a foreign language issue for the spine? (No offence to Germany or Spain).

digitalfreaknyc

Stoo said:
Then why did they embed their own watermark on the image?

They ALWAYS put their own watermark on their images. Check out their website?

Because then when people like me post their pictures on other websites, they can't claim it as a scoop. ;) MOST big sites do that.

Btw...looks like I was right about the September date. Brazilian retailers have been given that date.

You guys should really listen to me more often. :p
I posted it back in January. http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=523269&postcount=212

indyclone25

digitalfreaknyc said:

Because then when people like me post their pictures on other websites, they can't claim it as a scoop. ;) MOST big sites do that.

Btw...looks like I was right about the September date. Brazilian retailers have been given that date.

You guys should really listen to me more often. :p
I posted it back in January. http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=523269&postcount=212
yeah but the digital bits reported that it would be released fall of 2012 back in october of last year , so nah nah!:p :D

but the bluray.com has these as the covers --- so i'm sure they had thesed mocked up as well? but still no boxart yet?

1139_large.jpg

1137_large.jpg

1138_large.jpg

Last edited:

digitalfreaknyc

indyclone25 said:
yeah but the digital bits reported that it would be released fall of 2012 back in october of last year , so nah nah!:p :D

but the bluray.com has these as the covers --- so i'm sure they had thesed mocked up as well? but still no boxart yet?

1139_large.jpg

1137_large.jpg

1138_large.jpg

It's always been "fall."
Blu-ray.com isn't always reliable. And, considering there won't be individual releases initially, there's no reason for each film to have individual cover-art.

Stoo

JackBurton said:
Just had a look at my copy of the 2008 set and all the text is bilingual (Englilsh & French) so, yes, that's weird about the German releases.

Anyway, when I buy the new set, I'll have 3 copies of "Crystal Skull" on Blu-ray!:eek:
digitalfreaknyc said:

Because then when people like me post their pictures on other websites, they can't claim it as a scoop. ;)
Understood (though this particular image can hardly be considered a 'scoop';)), but I'm still having trouble believing that it's from official Paramount/Viacom sources. It's too poorly done.

Hopefully, they will create new packaging because all the DVD cases in the 2008 boxed set are those flimsy, 5mm thin ones.(n)
indyclone25 said:
but the bluray.com has these as the covers --- so i'm sure they had thesed mocked up as well?
Almost certainly. Notice how "Raiders" is the only one that says 'Digitally Mastered', etc.
digitalfreaknyc said:
And, considering there won't be individual releases initially, there's no reason for each film to have individual cover-art.
:confused: With all due respect, digitialfreak, that doesn't make any sense.

Henry W Jones

I don't understand the worry about only a box set and not separates. I'm pretty sure that you will be able to buy the four film separate and as a set. They don't directly tie into each other like SW and not everyone likes all four films. They will probably do separate releases for the people that like Indy but only certain films of the series and for those who don't want KOTCS on Blu ray twice. I doubt they will do a 1-3 trilogy set due to it being a ridiculous expense when they can just release them separate for those who dislike KOTCS that much. In the eyes of "The Beards" I would guess the series isn't defined to them as "Original Trilogy" but as a "four part series" which it is.

Stoo said:
Anyway, when I buy the new set, I'll have 3 copies of "Crystal Skull" on Blu-ray!

I have three sets of VHS 1-3. All 4 on DVD and gonna have them on Blu ray as well. Nothing like buying the same thing over and over again. Maybe we will get lucky and they will make a new video format and we can buy them again in a few years. I also have ton of different formats of SW. We all should own part of LucasFilm by now.

Last edited: