It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

Katarn07

I finished my first final at 8:20 or so and went to Wal-Mart. They said I was the third person asking for Indy toys because they weren't on the shelf. Whatever, I had time to go all the way to the Wal-Mart by my house. Same deal! This place's toy aisle was a mess. They were putting new stuff out, but the Indy stuff wasn't there. The toy person was on her break. Why they wouldn't just get a case out for me and let me take my things and go, I have no clue.

I went out to lunch to kill time until 10:00 rolled around for TRU to open up. People are lining up outside the store for new toys that are supposed to be out today, and we all left at the same time because everything we were getting wasn't on the shelf yet. One lady said they'd make a display up in the front later in the day. I asked her when and she said sometime that afternoon probably.

Seriously, this is dumb. The stuff's supposed to be out, it should be on the shelves already. TRU especially is moronic for not having put any of the stuff out that comes out today.

Rant over. I got one more final. Maybe on the way home from it, these stores would have put this stuff out? I'm not holding my breath :rolleyes:

Crack that whip

Well, it is still early. I'm sure they'll have it all out before the day is over.

FWIW, as I posted earlier, the online Indy Shop has added tons of new stuff to its offerings today.

Personally, I'd just as soon have them not release new stuff (pertaining to the new movie) until after the movie has been out a while, but I do realize marketing just doesn't work that way. Alas.

tnswman

Katarn Have you been following the New Aquisition Thread today? It may give you some Ideas on how to DEMAND the figures

Katarn07

tnswman said:
Katarn Have you been following the New Aquisition Thread today? It may give you some Ideas on how to DEMAND the figures

Nah, I'm lurking here and there online while studying....

I'm not gonna DEMAND figures and be a jerk about it. They're toys. I can wait. It's not worth raising my blood pressure over. But seriously, I just had to vent my frustration over this fiasco. They're supposed to be out today, have them out today. It's as simple as that.

The_Raiders

I called a store that I could have walked to today and they didn't have them :( but then I called a wal-mart and they said they'd be puttting them out today, but it's all the way across town and I have no way to get there!!!! All the good stuf is gonna be gone!!!!! :mad: :eek: :dead:

monkey man

ToysRUs has Indy toys

Nice selection. The eyes have been improved in alot of them. Marion, Monkey Man, Sallah and the Cemetary Warrior were scarce but I got them. All one per case??? Don't know but I got them. Not alot of people there buying. Good for me.

:whip:

RelicHunter

Katarn07 said:

I'm not gonna DEMAND figures and be a jerk about it. They're toys. I can wait. It's not worth raising my blood pressure over. But seriously, I just had to vent my frustration over this fiasco. They're supposed to be out today, have them out today. It's as simple as that.

Its the principle of sorry a** customer service is what pisses me off the most.

bonoferox

RelicHunter said:
Its the principle of sorry a** customer service is what pisses me off the most.

Agreed. The first Target I went into this morning I asked the woman working if she would be able to help after telling her that I spoke with a girl over the phone just yesterday who guaranteed they had them in stock and would be on the floor this morning. The woman today refused to look and said there was nothing she could / would do.

drwynn

Wal-Mart and TRU Have 'Em! Target Doesn't!

Well, here's my two cents on the matter;

I went to my local Wal-Mart at around 8am this morning and picked up a bunch of the figures I was wanting; Indy from "Raiders", Indy from "Crystal Skull", Sallah, Marion, Belloq, Cairo Swordsman, Indy with the Ark. They had a bunch of stuff there...including one of each of the 12-inch figures. I went to the Target closest to my apartment and they didn't have squat.

I asked two of the employees where the Indy figures were and they informed me that they hadn't yet received their shipment. I was a bit flabbergasted but, I decided to check another Target just to be sure. When I got there...same deal; no Indy figures. I asked again where they were and one of the employees agreed to go check in the back for Indy stuff. When she got back she informed me that they didn't have anything in back and the supervisor told her their stuf wouldn't be put out until May 11th!!??!?!?!!

So, it was off to Toys 'R' Us; first in line at 9:35am. Once they opened, I rushed to the Indy toys and found the one remaining figure I wanted; Irina Spalko. The Toys 'R' Us had a great selection of stuff...including many of the "Deluxe Figures". I guess I would recommend going there!

blueseattle

Of course this all happens on the year I live in a place that has no freakin' toy stores ANYWHERE nearby.

And I am sans car now. Yay!

I'll take a bus to Target this week, but this sucks.

Least my Indy on Horse figure is going to ship soon.

Dr.Sartorius

I went over to Target first thing after school. They had a space open in the action figure section for Indy toys but there was nothing there. I asked one employee if they had any new Indiana Jones toys. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. It didn't even seem like he understood English. I went over to another Target and asked when their Indy toys would be put on the shelves. The guy had no idea and told me to call back later in the day.

So I then went to Toys R Us and finally found the new Indy toys. I didn't see any Marion figures though.

I called Wal Mart yesterday and they said they would be putting out Indy toys on May 12.

drwynn

Dr.Sartorius said:
I called Wal Mart yesterday and they said they would be putting out Indy toys on May 12.

I don't get this...why is it that even though Hasbro set the release date for the Indy toys as May 1st...there are places giving what seem to be arbitrary dates for the figures to be stocked on their shelves?

I mean...the Target stores in my area said May 11th.

Why May 11th? Why May 12th? Why not today? I'm so confused...

Niteshade007

All I wanted were the Lego's, so I went to Target this morning and they didn't have any of the Crystal Skull ones out. Like Katarn, I really didn't want to raise a stink over some toys, so I headed back home. I remembered that there was a new Toys R Us by my house, so I stopped over there, and they had all the Crystal Skull Lego's, but they were a little more expensive ($11.99 and $20.99 for the smaller sets, the other two were at the regular price). I got Jungle Duel, River Chase, and Jungle Cutter sets. I did notice a few figures at the front, but I didn't rifle through them since action figures don't really interest me. But it didn't look like they had a lot of them at the front of the store, but perhaps there were more in the actual action figure aisle. I didn't check my Target for Indy action figures either, but maybe all Targets are holding off for them.

tnswman

Katarn07 said:

Well It sounds like your frustration is up already LOL!! Just let them Know that YOU know they have them and force them to look.. It's your right as a consumer.. ANY Manager will send someone to get the figures.

indyt

I went to may walmart in eastern NC today, nothing. They said they were going to set them out on May 5. I dont understand. But like someone said earlier, I am not going to be a jerk and demand the figures. I will get them eventually.

tnswman

i wish I had that patience....After years of waiting for new Kenner Style figures...I have no ability to wait LOL!

Way of the dodo

I went to a Toysrus and asked if they had them, and the schmuck gets annoyed and says "uh, they might be in back but we haven't put them out." I just left. I'm not gonna ask for the privilege. Then I found Indy with Ark at Target, and that was the main thing I wanted until a really good "standard Indy" comes out.

Lon

I went to TRU during my lunch hour and the store had Indy items out. They were stocked by the entrance with Hulk, Iron Man and Speed Racer as well. There weren't any Indy toys back in the action figure aisles. I've had a TRU gift card burning a hole in my wallet since Christmas so it was time to cash that sucker in. I had already pre-ordered a case of Wave 1 Hasbro 3.75" figures and a case of Wave 1 of Adventure Heroes from Entertainment Earth so I skipped those. I ended up buying:

3.75" Mutt Williams
3.75" Dovchenko
The Cargo Truck
Two 100-piece puzzles (One of Indy and One of Mutt)
The sound-fx whip
12" Hasbro Indy
12" Hasbro Mutt

I forgot to check for the Mr. Potato Head but I'm sure it would have been with all the Indy stuff if TRU had it. I looked for the Life game and DVD game in the game aisles and didn't find them either. TRU did have all of the Crystal Skull LEGOS. I'll have to hit Target, Meijer and Wal-Mart this weekend.