how many times have you seen kotcs?

Agent Z

YouNeverKnow said:
JUST SAW IT FOR MY 6-and-a-halfth TIME! :D :D :D Haven't been in at least two weeks and I had a ball!

Something of note, I went to AMC theaters this time after visiting the closer Kerasotes near my house. Their theater "tagline" if you will was "Experience the Difference". I rolled my eyes at that when I read it but after watching the whole movie I must agree watching it there was far more fun. The sound mixing was perfect. Every bit of dialogue was understandable (at my 4th time, the soundtrack/SFX were up way too loud - I couldn't understand Mac ever) and every sound crisp and rich. Also, either I'm too used to the movie or this theater had something to do with it, but the picture seemed clearer. What I mean is the parts that I could always spot as CGI were harder to pick out this time, and only on this viewing have I agreed with whoever said this was shot 70% traditional and 30% computer. The sets that had actually been sets (obelisk/temple) had somehow given off a bluescreened vibe but the clear picture helped it regain tangibility for me. I loved the movie even more after this time than the last. I need to squeeze a few more viewings in there to catch up to Mr. Byrd. :gun:

I am thinking that was a digital screening? I've heard great things about them, but the nearest theater with a digital projector near me, despite my being right outside of Raleigh, is around 40 minutes away. :(

I've seen Kingdom 5 times in the theaters and around 6-7 times on the French TS CAM.

I want the dvd like yesterday. :whip:

sunshinestate1992

A_True_Believer said:
I look at it this way: if you've already paid to see it in the theatre (twice in my case) and there is no question that you will buy the DVD when it comes out, then, at least morally speaking, I don't see the issue in acquiring a copy by...*ahem*.....other means, just to tide you over until then (Though I wouldn't buy such a copy, as the seller certainly doesn't deserve the money).

You'd just better buy the official DVD when it's released, salussolia. Otherwise, I'll find you. ;)
Dude!!! thts EXACTLY what i was thinking!!
ive seen it twice, and im going to buy the official dvd.Why not have it to tide me over!! thanks!!(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

vf wing

Five times in the theater and i've sat thru a bad (apparently Russian;) ) theater rip. I fell into the rip by accident, but feel better nonetheless having a reference copy, crappy tho it is. It cuts off before the end of the credits, which sucks because i wanted to verify again the Dean's name. I could swear it's listed as "Stanton" in the film credits, tho all the online references i've checked list Jim Broadbent's character as Dean Stanforth. But i'll probably get back to the theater at least one more time!

God'sRadio

A_True_Believer said:
Just curious: why did you walk out?

As for me, I've seen it seven or eight times now. I've lost count. ;)

First time I thought it must be better than I thought. Second time I saw it, and it wasn't. Third time I tried it just in case I was wrong. I wasn't so quit round about the capture.

IndyMarion57

Twice in the theatre...and it gets better with age, LOL.
And a couple parts online last night.

Man I *can not* wait til the 'official' DVD release!

Whipper

7 times. :whip:

I caught a little price break by seeing the initial midnight show. The projector failed twice during that showing, so I got a couple of raincheck passes out of it. :D

I'll probably see it some more when it hits the second-run, "dollar" theaters.

Come to think of it, some of those theaters were the First-Run theaters, back in the days of TOD and Last Crusade. Would that make it a more "authentic" nostalgia experience?

I suppose so. However, even back then, I can remember wishing for the older theaters with the truly large screens and better seating. As a kid, I saw Raiders at a lovely theater that held only One screen, and it was Massive. By far the biggest screen in the city. I also saw a Star Wars re-release and E.T. there. Alas, it wasn't in business much longer.

After that, the multiplexes pretty much took over. 2 to 4 screen theaters at first, then 8 at a time, then 16 and so forth.

But those early 4 screen theaters weren't housed in larger buildings than the one or two screen places, they just sub-divided them and put in smaller screens. For seating, there'd be a left-hand section and a right-hand section, but no more center-section. There'd be only one aisle, cut right down the middle. (And the floors were usually stickier than scotch tape... Ah, nostalgia.)

Things have improved greatly over the past several years. New complexes are looking to make it a luxury experience again. Much bigger screens, stadium seating, retro furnishings, very comfortable chairs, even balconies where drinks are served. Nice to see the "movie palace" philosophy returning. :hat:

The Man

ResidentAlien said:
Once. And I never intend to have a second viewing.

Same here. I never thought I wouldn't see it more than once. It may get a reprieve on DVD. Maybe...

Benraianajones

Agent Spalko said:
Twice and that's two times too many.

For some reason it is amusing imaging you stood waiting for the film/sitting down...I think it is your username and avatar that does it. I just envision you as Spalko sat down saying for the first viewing "I hope I am not going to be Menaced!".

Actually I was talking on my iphone just before the film started and told my friend that I had to go because I was about to get Menaced. :D

iLUVINDY

Ive seen twice and am in the process of putting it on my ipod!!!!! Ill be prob. see it hundreds more, once its on my ipod (y) (y)

YouNeverKnow

7.5 times today! This was my favorite one so far. Got a little grossed-out when Dovchenko's legs stop flailing in the ant hill and the alien leaning into the shot was finally creepy.

graz

The Man said:
Same here. I never thought I wouldn't see it more than once. It may get a reprieve on DVD. Maybe...

Oh go on, watch it again. RELEASE your anger, let it FLOOOOOOOOW through you! :D