how many times have you seen kotcs?

Benraianajones

Agent Spalko said:
Actually I was talking on my iphone just before the film started and told my friend that I had to go because I was about to get Menaced. :D

Haha! Spalko, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

You went to see KOTCS twice. Why was this? You probably disliked it on the first viewing - but what made you go back? Was there any part of the movie that stuck with you and you thought "Hmm that bit was okay - maybe I need to see it again and I will then like it more?"

Second, this fits in with the above somewhat. What aspects if any did you like about KOTCS? Werther it be a character, an actor, one small scene, or line, or even concept with in it. Was there any? (Try and avoid the answer of "none" for the sake of it, if you can think of any!).

Third, other than the obivous choice of the fridge scene/alien/3 waterfalls - which aspect of the movie (concept or scenes) made you think "No, I don't like this".

Fourth - any parts of the movie you thought "were on to something" as a concept - but then they didn't see through correctly? (This could be answered in the final question too).

Finally, if you had to work with this general script and structure for the movie (So the artifact was the same, the alien at the end) - but had the ability to edit some things of the movie to improve it (even if by the end it wasn't totally to your standards) - what would you do, to in your eyes, scrape the movie up a notch? (Again, try and avoid an answer like - "Bin the script"!)

Personally I liked the movie, but do agree it needed improvements. And I am asking this questions for your opinon, and not to "pull you up" on anything.

Benraianajones said:
Haha! Spalko, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind.

You went to see KOTCS twice. Why was this? You probably disliked it on the first viewing - but what made you go back? Was there any part of the movie that stuck with you and you thought "Hmm that bit was okay - maybe I need to see it again and I will then like it more?"

I had tickets to the first two showings. Like Star Wars, it's tradition. And like Phantom Menace I had to see it again to make sure that my disillusionment over the disaster I witnessed was in fact a total train wreck. It was.

Second, this fits in with the above somewhat. What aspects if any did you like about KOTCS? Werther it be a character, an actor, one small scene, or line, or even concept with in it. Was there any? (Try and avoid the answer of "none" for the sake of it, if you can think of any!).

Agent Spalko. (y)

Third, other than the obivous choice of the fridge scene/alien/3 waterfalls - which aspect of the movie (concept or scenes) made you think "No, I don't like this".

Paramount logo dissolve to gopher mound. I knew immediately the film was a farce and not taking itself seriously. It was the self-depricating tongue-in-cheek antics of Star Trek IV with the double-dumb-ass on you feel.

Fourth - any parts of the movie you thought "were on to something" as a concept - but then they didn't see through correctly? (This could be answered in the final question too).

The idea of Spalko having latent telepathic abilities completely wasted and failed to resolve the ambiguous climax where she apparently is seeing the alien in her mind.

Finally, if you had to work with this general script and structure for the movie (So the artifact was the same, the alien at the end) - but had the ability to edit some things of the movie to improve it (even if by the end it wasn't totally to your standards) - what would you do, to in your eyes, scrape the movie up a notch? (Again, try and avoid an answer like - "Bin the script"!)

First, from a directorial point of view, the general tone of the film would be much darker and take itself much more seriously with humor used sparingly and only when it was appropriate to break up dramatic tension. Secondly, all action sequences would be shot live in-camera with CGI used only if it was absolutely essential and seamless. Thirdly, no ridiculous contrivances to the stunts so no Nuke the Fridge, no waterfalls, etc. Fourthly, Indy would not be tagging along for the ride, he would be the driving force behind the plot, not Mutt. Fifthly, Marion would not be some doe-eyed school-girl love-struck puppy. She would be feisty, tough, and dominating throughout the film. Sixthly, no wedding bells for Indy and Marion. I would imply that there could be hope for the two of them to get back together by having a drink (you know, a drink?) together. Seventhly, no showing of the aliens. They discover the Crystal Skeletons in Akator with the implication that they were extraterrestrials but there is no other evidence to support that hypothesis. Eighthly, no flying saucer taking off into another dimension. Ninthly, Spalko would be much more sinister and have more defined psychic prowess i.e. enhanced intuition and premonition. Tenthly, no Mac. Sallah would be back. Eleventhly, Oxley would not be some Berkley acid-dropping Dr.Seuss quoting hippie burnout. Instead he would have been Abner Ravenwood to tie Marion's involvement in the plot stronger. Twelfthly, a stronger fight scene involving Dovchenko and Indy and possibly the Jungle Cutter in the tradition of the great Pat Roach fights from Raiders and Doom. Thirteenthly, only real creepy crawlies would be used and if not fire-ants then possibly hoards of scorpions/cockroaches. Fouteenthly, Indy would use his whip more. Fifteently... well you get the idea. I could re-write the whole script. It's a freaking mess.

CasualJeff

I've only seen it once. I walked out disappointed, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it. There were a lot of fun scenes even if it didn't all come together quite like I had wanted.

I've been meaning to see it again but it just hasn't happened. Maybe I'll get a chance over the July 4th weekend.

IndyCon

Well I saw Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for the 7th and unfortunately the final time today and it was brilliant just like the other 6 times I?ve seen it. I have to say I absolutely love this movie it's just behind Raiders for my favourite Indiana Jones movie, I wish I could see it more but time and money and such so I'll just look forward to the DVD coming in a couple of months.

PoeticRocker

I've seen it six times now. And I have to say thats extremely rare for me to be to do that. But theres something about this movie that makes it so much fun and entertaining to watch still. I can't wait till its out on dvd.

Goonie

Indy 4 is the first movie I've seen in the theater more than twice. I saw it today for the third time. It was scorching hot outside so I decided to go see a matinee. It was interesting seeing it again after reading the comic book adaption and the James Rollins novelization.

I think I'll wait for the DVD now.

Spalkomania

I've only seen KotCS once and that won't change until it hits DVD. I did like it though and I am looking forward to seeing it again.

DiscoLad

This belongs in a museu...err...i mean.. the KOTCS forums...(cough,cough)

But I saw 3 times and was going to go yesterday, but it stopped playing...:mad:

Eric Solo

I'm up to 3 times. May go see it again while it's in theaters, but maybe I'll just wait till it comes out on DVD. There are other movies I want to see.

Dust McAlan

I'm at three times and counting. I've never seen a movie more than three times in the theaters, but with Indy I'm hoping for a fourth. It's switching theaters this weekend, so maybe I'll head over for a matinee if there's time.

PloKoon

funny how so many people hate it, and so many people saw it multiple times...

I saw it 4 times, once at theaters, thrice at home.

:whip:

inuvuwow

I'm going to see it for the 15th time, tomorrow. In other words, yes, I liked the movie.
Maybe 'cause of the way I saw it the first time.

The Man

inuvuwow said:
I'm going to see it for the 15th time, tomorrow. In other words, yes, I liked the movie.
Maybe 'cause of the way I saw it the first time.

How much did all those screenings set you back, if you don't mind my asking?

Young Indy

Up to 10 viewings. Went with my Mon last Wednesday. Still a good showing of people for a Wednesday noon showing. Have seen almost every week since it came out. I going to see it 13 times. One viewing for each skull! The picture was crap for the first 20 mins. because of the film being played so many times. Tell me again why people hate digitial projection?