A moment for the Russian children

monkey

I can't believe the news today! Those poor little Russian children, and the terrible sorrow their parents must feel.

Once again innocent children are the victims of war. And imagine, they were holding a school celebration to celebrate the first day of school. I am more than disgusted, I am angry, ...no furious. Do those 'chechens' really think that murdering children will help their 'cause'.

As usual the filthy hands of Al Qaida are in on it.

To those disgusting vermin chechin terrorists and their filthy arab instigators: You filthy cowards, you lowest scum of the earth.

I hope that President Putin has what it takes to deal with those ..........whatever they are..... certainly not people.

Sorry for this downer post, but I am very upset by this.

Finn

Staff member
Yeah, me too. And odd how little notion the world gave to this, after all. Three days in a school, no food or water and it all ends up in a big pile of bodies... to heal from those traumas, one human life is not going to be enough.

<small>By the way, wonder how quickly this thread would have appeared if this had happened on the US soil? Hands up, who hear about this for the first time now.</small>

Pale Horse

Staff member
For every child that perished in Russia, there are at least two we never hear about around the world. And this type of travesty is not a new tactic by any means. No words or actions will ever console their parents. Indeed it is a travesty.

QueZTone

yes, im disgusted by this whole act.....

disgusted by the terrorists and their actions and shocked at the amateuristic ways of the russian special units...

- i saw civilians near the fight the whole time, what were they doing there, only makes the situation chaotic and you lose control

- no clear 'police proximity border' thing, as above, the result civilians jumping in to 'help' but really causing the russian units to lose control and oversight.

- they weren't prepared when they had to go in?? the thing had been going on for 60 hours, and you're not prepared??? 60 hours is way plenty to have special units stand by at all most effective positions for a choreographed simulteaneous raid. Using the latest infa-red devices and other technical aids I'm sure they'd be more 'prepared'.

- 60 hours and no good medical facilities set up? What?? that's just really strange again...

- 60 hours and no idea of exactly how many people were inside? (this could also have been kept secret though)

Anyway I know it's probably to soon to criticize the russian forces and ultimately you can't blame them but you must blame those damned terrorists. But there's a lot of work needed on the russian forces tactics and battleplans.

Additionally, Finn, i think the whole thing has been continuesly covered by CNN, BBC World and it's been on every Dutch news-journal here on every news channel with even special reports. Of course I can't say how it's been with other national news channels... But I think the whole world was following this one..

Indy Benson

By the way, wonder how quickly this thread would have appeared if this had happened on the US soil? Hands up, who hear about this for the first time now.

Actually, I heard about this early, early Thursday morning (here in the US)

westford

I heard about it on Thursday too. Been following it on the news. Brought back memories of Dunblane, but sadly this is on a bigger scale...

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Right on, QueZTone. This just doesn't make complete sense on the part of the Russians.
What happened was horrible (I was following the developments closely), but it should not have been as horrible as it was.

The presense of Al Qaida only goes to show that they don't care if you are American or not, they just want to cause people harm. Negotiations are not an option.

<small>Finn, I was going to start a thread on this when it first happened, but I figured that everyone knew about it, so I didn't bother with it.</small>

westford

They were analysing the Russian troops' reponse on BCC News 24 yesterday - their attack does seem to have come about 'by accident'. They must have been waiting for instructions which never came...

monkey

Yes, I agree, sadly the Russian forces are not as well organized and savvy as they should be in fighting the war on terror. But you know very well that they tried the best that they could to save their children. There were many Russian soldiers killed in the battle. They were brave and valient.

I think though that after this horrible incident that things will change dramatically. The US, UK, and other leaders in the war on Terror need to get together with the Russians. We need to work together. Our special forces need to share information and training.

don't forget the two airplanes destroyed by terrorists in Russia just last week that killed 88, AND the bombing that killed 16. Nearly 400 Russians, most of them children, have been murdered by Al Qaida in just this last couple of weeks.

I don't think the Russians are just going to stand by and take it anymore.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
From what I hear Pres. Putin has been talkin with Pres. Bush about how our two countries can solve this problem with Al Qaida.

I suspect that we maybe seeing Russian forces fighting along side our own troops very, very soon. We could use their help in the mountains of Afganistan and Pakistan.

Canyon

I could hardly believe what I read in the newspaper today.

I have been away for the weekend with some friends, and today I bought a newspaper and read with horror and disgust at the sheer senselessness of this act.

What on earth did these terrorists want and what did they think that they would accomplish by doing something like this?

What made me feel sick was the fact that they took joy in what they were doing. These people do not deserve to be called human beings.

I am sure of one thing though. These people will pay for what they have done, either in this current life or the next one.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Not wishing to comment on the atrocious act itself, since I cannot claim to know much about it, I will comment on the nature of the enemy, just tangentially.

I've always thought acts seem more horrid when committed by human beings and when we consider them as such. Reducing terrorists to beasts ignores the fact that we need to confront their motives as well as they themselves if we want to make things better. They're human beings. They possess analytical minds. Unfortunately, that's why they did what they did, but to not call them human is not going to accomplish anything.

Terrorists are human beings, however they?re also criminals and need to be executed. I would prefer a beast/animal to a human being/terrorist. Let's not lower animals to our standards...

monkey

Sorry Attilla but I have to say that I don't agree with you.

The word 'human' implies some kind of inner goodness or worthiness. ....."humanitarian".

To describe those creatures as 'beasts' is accurate.

The implications of what you say would imply that we would have to consider the guards and perpetrators of Auschwitz as 'human', and also consider their motivations.

You purposefully murder children and innocents, you forfeit your membership in the 'human' club, and furthermore you turn in your permit to breathe the atmosphere of planet Earth.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I agree monkey. These men and women have proven that they do not want to act civilized and thus they need to be removed from the gene pool.

Aaron H said:
I agree monkey. These men and women have proven that they do not want to act civilized and thus they need to be removed from the gene pool.

"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,"

Finn

Staff member
monkey said:
I wish I could dump in a whole bunch of chlorine in Chechnya.
Now, now... if you look at the origin of this conflict, it was when the Chechnyans, who are a nation, wanted to gain their independence, but the Russkyes prevented that... with arms. Ever since, for nearly ten years now, it's been a fight with no end, and Checnya's nothing but a trashpile now already (so your shot of chlorine wouldn't do much), and only reason Russia's holding onto it now is that their pride prevents them from giving up and thus admitting they might have been wrong from the very beginning.

Of course, I'm not sympathizing (bigot, me) the people who carried out this horrible act and murdered dozens of innocent children - with what they're certainly not helping in making the world see their cause in better light - because they are not worth being part of the human race.

But hoping to demolish whole Chechnya... where's your sensible mind, Monkey man?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
To clairify myself a bit...
Those who comit acts like these and/or support such acts (either through words or money) should be "thinned out" by those who can do so for the sake of humanity and the civilized world.
Not every Chechnyan supports the actions of these radicals, therefore it would be wrong of us to wipe out the entire population, rather it would be stooping to their level.
These terrorist groups, no matter their ideology/religion/ect. all deserve one thing: death. They cannot be talked to, they will not surrender and go home, and they will not live and let live unless they are in control.

As a civilized world we cannot let them drag us back to the dark ages through their reign of terror and opression. It is the duty of America, England, Europe, Russia*, and those who would help us, to rid the world of these criminals and thugs, who desire nothing more than to see you bleeding to death in the streets.

Some parts of the world are recognizing this, other parts are just to scared to do anything about it. While other parts cheer on these bastards.

We cannot let our guard down, we cannot think for one minute that they have given up, and we cannot cease until every last one of them is in a grave turning to dust.

<small>*these are in alphabetical order, so no preference is given to one country or another.</small>