Creepy Crawlies for Indy 4?

nandosb

hey ppl!

In every Indy film there´s a scene in which Indiana Jones is in trouble with some disgusting animals..
Raiders= snakes
Temple = bugs
Last Crusade= rats

So what kind of thing do you think Indy will have to face on the fourth movie? I´d say SPIDERS, but I realized they are already on the beginning of Raiders.. so I dont know what to think.. maybe.. worms? slugs? bats? ants? :D

lets try to guess hehe

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
AKA the "Phobia Scene", I suppose some quasi-scary creature can be used. I think a good one would be Pirhanas (sp?).

Tom Jones

My best bet would be on scorpions or bats.

They did all ready have bats though in Temple but it wasn?t for more than a few seconds, maybe they could really make something out of it. As for the scorpions. . . Indy could somehow dramatically fall into a pit full of them or maybe even be trapped in a room that?s having them come out from an opening in the wall. . .like some kind of ancient booby-trap. ;)

But they have to at least have a snake or two in this new movie. They've had some screen time in three movies all ready and you can't make an Indy movie without Indy's ultimate phobia.

intergamer

Isn't it funny how his icon (the whip) quite closely resembles his greatest phobia (the snake).

hey, it'd be a great scene if he accidently picked up a snake instead of his whip and whipped someone with it before noticing

Barryson Ford

flesh eating ants are most likely , remember that Lucas never ever throws away an idea.
These ants were used in a discarded script ,

Ska

Just a thought?!

What about eels? Pretty damn close to being snakes without being snakes?

Coldfyre

Okay, first of all, bats and rats aren't scary. At all. Maybe in the 50's they were, but come on. Unless you have a phobia, like Indy's Dad, they're not scary or threatening (they're pretty cute, actually!). In fact, anything that's a mammal is likely not to be scary (maybe excepting big cats, but they already used that at the beginning of LC anyway). I'm going with scorpions on this one... they're just nasty and terrifying. Though pirahnas would be interesting...

westford

If there aren't pigeons, there should be rabid monkeys.

Or some of those monsters from Silent Hill, like the 'pyramid head' (or bucket head as I call it).

Or out-of-control man-killing robots! They were everywhere in the 50s y'know...

FordFan

I would personally find it interesting if Indiana Jones was smeared with peanut butter and locked in a tomb full of 1,000 Basset Hounds. And 1,000 pugs.

That'd be terrifying.

intergamer

indy's afraid of small things, so

how about toy dogs, or better yet, an army of chihuahuas

The whole plot could be about chihuahuas, in fact. Like a battalion of chihauhaus come up from their underground hiding place.
The premise would be that the chihuahaus (which would be genetically bred to kill and eat things like pirhannas) have been biding their time, but come up to search for and reclaim their holy artifact so that they can enter the giant dog kennel in the sky!

Sorry for any misspellings, I'm not sure if i can spell chihuahua or pirhanna

philhos

The ultimate in horror and disgust:
a filibuster at Congress!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE THEM STOP!!!

<small>Let's make this one a little more user-friendly. -Finn.</small>

[Edited by Finn on 10-01-2003 at 01:48 pm]

Attila the Professor

Staff member
philhos said:
A heck lotta A's and H's.

Yeah, but those are kind of cool...I'd love to do a filibuster some time...just talking for hours and hours...and you can't help but love Mr. Smith...

[Edited by Finn on 10-01-2003 at 01:49 pm]

philhos

Attila the Professor said:
philhos said:
A heck lotta A's and H's.

Yeah, but those are kind of cool...I'd love to do a filibuster some time...just talking for hours and hours...and you can't help but love Mr. Smith...

LOL!

Or as they say in Congress:
That was extremely humorous. It almost caused me to have milk come running out of my nose. I remember the last time milk had come out my nose. It was my uncle's swearing in.........

[Edited by Finn on 10-01-2003 at 01:50 pm]

intergamer

we all know the senate is crooked: filibusters, quorum calls, senators beating other senators with wooden canes...

!! what if Indy went to the american senate and just started giving a filibuster for the whole movie: he'd be reading his memoirs (when I was young and able)

but then when a senator tried to hit him with a cane, indy would think its a snake and be so scared that his false teeth fall out

"Indiana Jones and the Truly Democratic Representative Legislating Body from Hell: The Call for Cloture"

I think it could work

[Edited by intergamer on 09-30-2003 at 06:21 pm]

philhos

Ooooooooooor, even better:

Someone tries a filibuster and Indy swings from the balcony with his whip and lands and just starts whuppin' butt!! He beats the tar out of the entire Senate!

I'd pay money to see that!