will the russians be as good as the nazis?

Nurhachi1991

first off i hate nazis......... but i love them as bad guys i mean no one is more evil than the nazis!

the commies were kind of soft i dont think they will be that good of bad guys

crowmagnumman

That was one of my worries. I mean nazis are evil. You can kill tons of them and nobody cares. But Russians weren't quite as evil really. There was a lot of tension between us, and then later they became our friends. I'm thinking this is gonna have to be a particularly nasty batch of Russians or something. But then there will be the average Russian soldier that Indy kills here and there. We didn't feel bad for the average nazi because they were all fighting for the nazi cause. Maybe it wasn't that way in reality, but it was for the movies anyway. These Russians don't really have a cause exactly. We'll just see how they do it.

Nurhachi1991

exactly i never get tired of seeing a nazi drive off a clif or get run over by a truck or go into a plane propellor its just great :D

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:
the commies were kind of soft i dont think they will be that good of bad guys

:rolleyes: Let me guess... history was NOT what you majored in?

Stalin's regime was just as bad as Hitler's. It's just that Stalin didn't actually start a war to conquer territory, commit genocide, and all that. He was just able to do it to territories he had 'appropriated' during WWII.

Nurhachi1991

Vance said:

Stalin's regime was just as bad as Hitler's. It's just that Stalin didn't actually start a war to conquer territory, commit genocide, and all that. He was just able to do it to territories he had 'appropriated' during WWII.[/QUOTE

Obviously its not your major either because stalin died in 1953 and this movie is in 1957 so there

Vance said:

Stalin's regime was just as bad as Hitler's. It's just that Stalin didn't actually start a war to conquer territory, commit genocide, and all that. He was just able to do it to territories he had 'appropriated' during WWII.

I agree. They may not be as outright evil but they are tougher. Consider Barbarossa. They taught the Nazis a thing or three.

NileQT87

and, apparently, your grasp of history isn't much better.

stalin DID participate in genocide. he also had a nasty habit of being paranoid of his own 'friends'. look up trotsky.

mao zedong - communist - est. 70 million dead.
joseph stalin - communist - est. 50 million dead.
adolf hitler - fascist - 11.6 million dead.

mao and stalin make hitler look like a good ol' boy.

http://www.ukemonde.com/genocide/margolisholocaust.html

NileQT87 said:
and, apparently, your grasp of history isn't much better.

stalin DID participate in genocide. he also had a nasty habit of being paranoid of his own 'friends'. look up trotsky.

mao zedong - communist - est. 70 million dead.
joseph stalin - communist - est. 50 million dead.
adolf hitler - fascist - 11.6 million dead.

mao and stalin make hitler look like a good ol' boy.

http://www.ukemonde.com/genocide/margolisholocaust.html

Actually, I'm a history major. How dare you be presumptious about people you know nothing about.

Nurhachi1991

yeah how dare you!

everyone knows stalin was crazy and killed his own comrades

and hitler look like a good ol boy? are you high?

NileQT87

in comparison, hitler was small-ISH potatoes. still an awful, fetid piece of human existence, but mao and stalin were even worse.

all 3 were nightmares. along with pol pot, etc...

NileQT87 said:
in comparison, hitler was small-ISH potatoes. still an awful, fetid piece of human existence, but mao and stalin were even worse.

When we are talking mass murder, how can anyone rate one lunatic worse than than another lunatic?

NileQT87

rated purely by their body counts.

next to mao and stalin, hitler pales in the running for the ultimate mass-murderer of all human history (and i'm NOT saying he wasn't evil--he was. very.).

NileQT87

my question would be, even after being presented with the numbers, why mao and stalin aren't considered as much monsters as hitler is?

(and, imo, even worse monsters. and hitler was no slouch.)

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:
Obviously its not your major either because stalin died in 1953 and this movie is in 1957 so there

I wasn't aware of the exact year the movie was set in, however, I wouldn't say that Nikolai A. Bulganin was far removed from the Soviet Apparatus that Stalin started up.

I gotta wonder, though, given all the history, how could you remotely consider the Soviet Communists 'soft'?

NileQT87 said:
rated purely by their body counts.

next to mao and stalin, hitler pales in the running for the ultimate mass-murderer of all human history (and i'm NOT saying he wasn't evil--he was. very.).

I understand your point but I really wouldn't give these guys the credit. I'm part Jewish so Hitler has a special place in my loathe files.

Vance

NileQT87 said:
my question would be, even after being presented with the numbers, why mao and stalin aren't considered as much monsters as hitler is?

(and, imo, even worse monsters. and hitler was no slouch.)

To be brutally honest? They largely killed people that most of Europe (and America) didn't give a rat's ass about.