Mutt's origins

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, which name would you have preferred? Henry Jones III or Abner Ravenwood, Jnr? :p Funny, I kept having this feeling that he was called Henry Jones III. I just didn't see Marion calling her son, Abner, mostly coz of how much she was upset with her father for dragging her around and her feelings of abandonment.

JerryKing

Not surprising, yet still revolting. :(

schmuttco5.jpg

The Man

It's the predictability regarding Mutt that upsets people. People guessed all this - and guessed it pretty accurately - even before LaBeouf was officially hired. And his name is - drumroll - Henry? Pah!

Oh, and if Marion marries Indy, she'll share the name of a doped-up fraudster of an athlete. Lovely...

Tsar

Meh... I used to be very anti-Indy having a son, now I really don't care. It all depends how it is executed in the film.

Zorg

Playmount said:
He begins the film rebellious and antagonistic toward Indy (mostly his academic life, until he sees Indy in action), then at the end of the film he's out of his leather jacket and jeans and in a suit and tie with Oxley and his mom at the ceremony where his dad is named Associate Dean (or perhaps Dean) at Marshall College. (As I think we caught a glimpse of in the "That's A Wrap!" video.)

That'd be a nice way to do it, but didn't they end the shoot at some airfield? The stuff shot there could, of course, be a part of a ceremony scene like that.

Last edited:

The Man

Maybe Marion is conning Ol' Indy into believing Mutt is the fruit of the Jones' loins so as to squeeze some alimony out of the sorry mess.

NileQT87

i think "henry jones III" puts a kibosh on all alternate paternities.

and i'm one of those who was rooting for mutt to be henry jones III. too bad about abner. well, we still have a potential 5th movie!