Will you see Indiana Jones in IMAX/AMC Marathon?

As an Indiana Jones fan...I will;

• Go see 'Raiders' in IMAX, skip the AMC Four-Film Marathon!

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Go see the AMC Four Film Marathon, skip 'Raiders' in IMAX!

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Go see both IMAX and AMC Showings. "Shut up and take my money!"

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I will not be attending either IMAX or AMC's Marathon.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Indy Jones

Dr.Jonesy said:
Yeah, I never noticed just how funny people thought 'Last Crusade' was until yesterday. People ate that film up!

And I used to dislike the comedic aspect of 'Kingdom' but after watching it directly after 'Crusade'...I noticed how devoid of humor it actually was compared to its 1989 counterpart.

Oh, definitely. LC is actually my least favorite simply because of how overtly comedic it can be at times. It felt really overdone after the darkness of TOD simply to 'apologize.' Also the aspects that were returned (another school scene, Sallah and Marcus, Desert, Nazis, Christian artifact) feel like it might have been trying to be 'Raiders 2.0.'

So I was very happy when KOTCS was less jokey than LC, one of the things I love about it.

Don't get me wrong--I love LC. But between making Marcus a buffoon suddenly (he clearly was not feeble-minded in ROTLA) and using the father-son thing to make Indy occasionally look dopey, it must fall last in line for me simply because I like the other three more.

But Indy is still Indy! (y)

Dr.Jonesy

Indy Jones said:
Oh, definitely. LC is actually my least favorite simply because of how overtly comedic it can be at times. It felt really overdone after the darkness of TOD simply to 'apologize.' Also the aspects that were returned (another school scene, Sallah and Marcus, Desert, Nazis, Christian artifact) feel like it might have been trying to be 'Raiders 2.0.'

So I was very happy when KOTCS was less jokey than LC, one of the things I love about it.

Don't get me wrong--I love LC. But between making Marcus a buffoon suddenly (he clearly was not feeble-minded in ROTLA) and using the father-son thing to make Indy occasionally look dopey, it must fall last in line for me simply because I like the other three more.

But Indy is still Indy! (y)

I hear you on 'Crusade'. The comedy is good but it's too present. Great film, regardless! But I understand what you mean.
:hat:

We're in the minority on not caring for the comedy in 'Crusade', though!

:p

Last edited:

Zucot

Can anyone tell me who from lucas introduced KOTCS? I had to leave early. I know Ben Burtt did TOD...

Indy Jones

Zucot said:
Can anyone tell me who from lucas introduced KOTCS? I had to leave early. I know Ben Burtt did TOD...

Burtt did KOTCS. Who introduced ROTLA? My marathon didn't play the intro for it if there was one.

Crack that whip

I was going to mention the missing Raiders intro, myself! I just didn't get around to mentioning everything in my earlier posts on the marathon experience. At our theater, we also got intros for all three of the later movies(Ben Burtt for Temple and Skull, Dennis Muren for Crusade), but not for the original.

Did any of the theaters run an introduction for Raiders of the Lost Ark??

Henry W Jones

Raiders intro was missing along with trivia and prizes. (n) They were very tight with the lanyards and posters as well. Someone who works at the theater went home with some cool stuff. They will probably Ebay it all. (n) (n) (n) (n) (n)

indyclone25

had a blast at the showing of the marathon! the people that worked at the show loved that some people dressed as indy( kinda makes me wonder if i could have worn my holster and whip) oh well.
me at the showing (pic taken by a friend)
284322_3182740586881_634866184_n_zps88f72abb.jpg

another pic (take by my son)
vacation%20in%20sept%202012%20191_zpsf1d6bd52.jpg

and my son ( pic taken by me )
vacation%20in%20sept%202012%20192_zpsdc2e40d6.jpg

Raven7dp

Amazingly I was able to bring in my whip and holster with a replica weapon. No one stopped me as the jacket might have been hiding most of it. I had a great time as well as the forethought that went into the lanyard and poster were most impressive.

Jonathan

Goodeknight

I wore the whip with no problems. As I mentioned a while back, I don't think anyone feared a mass whipping. Left the holster at home, though. (and the jacket and bag)

Still need to take some pics with the big standee poster (like the one in IndyClone's photos).

My son and I were the only ones who dressed in costume (his being Shorty's hat). Would have been cool if other people wore gear. If there was a contest, I would have been bummed to have left the rest at home.

I went as the anachronism walking out of frame while Indy drank the monkey (more monkeys) under the table...

Oh, with a 63' Orioles Hat and Stan Smiths.:hat:

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:
I went as the anachronism walking out of frame while Indy drank the monkey (more monkeys) under the table...
I pointed that guy out to my son. Larger than life in Imax. While he's known generically as "somebody from the crew," he probably went to the movies just to see himself in that scene. Maybe he said, "Hey, son, check it out. That's me."

Great hat for 30 bucks.
$(KGrHqFHJCEE92I-jrZOBPo+vswcz!~~60_12.JPG

goodeknight said:
Great hat for 30 bucks.
$(KGrHqFHJCEE92I-jrZOBPo+vswcz!~~60_12.JPG
I guess its "passable" but you and I know it's not right...Shorty was no Yankmee fan.

Funny, but right around the time Indy was "born" the Yankees didn't exist...they were the Baltimore Orioles back then.