The Frank Darabont Script

Kernunnos

herr gruber said:
Thank goodness the Neo-Nazis route was abolished.

Absolutely.

What on Earth would they be doing in South America anyway?

_40262697_skinheads_203.jpg

Michael24

sandiegojones said:
I think by Neo-Nazi's it was escaped Germans who now are in South America, not white trash LOL!

I'm not that up on my WWII history as I probably should be, but yeah, didn't many Nazis flee to South America after the war? I've seen a couple movies set post-WWII that involved Nazis and German scientists hiding out in the South American jungles.

sandiegojones

Michael24 said:
I'm not that up on my WWII history as I probably should be, but yeah, didn't many Nazis flee to South America after the war? I've seen a couple movies set post-WWII that involved Nazis and German scientists hiding out in the South American jungles.
Yes, they did. it's just to use them again limits the story. Plus Hitler was what made the Nazi's so dangerous. He'd have been dead 12 years in 1957 so they wouldn't seem too much a threat and would become cartoons.

bergstrom

oki9Sedo said:
Darabont's story involving neo-Nazis in South America sounds like a great idea, but NOT when two of the previous three already involved Nazis.

Having the Russians is better in my mind.

Ok, but Frank can only write about Neo Nazis if he's TOLD to write about Neo Nazis.

And ona unrelated point, a lot of people are saying Stephen King is losing it, i.e he's writing's just not what it used to be.

I would love to see King come up with ONE more amazing prison movie for darabont to direct. The prison triology, I hope it comes true. I love Frank Darabont!

Berg

xVendetta17x

Neo Nazi's sounds to me like a lame way to bring back our favourite villians
I like the Ruskies it's a fresh new set of bad guys we haven't really seen before

indyjones2131

Just read Saucermen. Ouch. Some really bad dialog here. Cheesy fan fiction scenes as well, but...

STILL, felt more like Indy than KOTCS

fedoraboy

I really cant see it having been any worse than what we got in Crystal Skull...My faith in spielbergs judgement has been seriously shaken but he did say it was the best script since raiders, I don't recall him making any such comments about koepps attempt

blueseattle

fedoraboy said:
I really cant see it having been any worse than what we got in Crystal Skull...My faith in spielbergs judgement has been seriously shaken but he did say it was the best script since raiders, I don't recall him making any such comments about koepps attempt

I'm pretty sure Darabont's script is going to end up being absolutely wonderful. And yes, I will be blunt and cliche, it will all be Lucas' fault.

sanitystream

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36806
Here's what Moriarty over at Aint It Cool News said:

"All of my other complaints come back to one big one: David Koepp?s screenplay. It?s a Frankenstein monster of a script, stitched together from the corpses of several other better drafts. It?s weird watching the film unfold having read all those drafts. It?s like ?Oh, that?s Jeb Stuart?s. That?s Darabont?s. That?s Nathanson?s.? There?s no elegance to the patchwork that Koepp did."

He then later said this:

"I will definitely get into the Darabont draft soon, and the other drafts. I'd love to take the stitches out of Koepp's Frankenstein and catalogue the pieces a bit. In my opinion, the WGA arbitration for this one ****ed up, and the wrong people's names are on that screenplay credit. It's worth an autopsy."

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent Z

Darabont had mentioned taking possible legal action if the final film is too close to his script. I would be interested in seeing how that turns out, if it goes anywhere.

Moriarty has read Darabont's script?! I can't tell you how much I hate Drew with envy.

G-Man

I'm looking forward to Moriarty dishing some info on Darabont's script... I'd really love to read it, but I doubt Lucas will let it leak in it's entirety...

fedoraboy

Agent Z said:
Darabont had mentioned taking possible legal action if the final film is too close to his script. I would be interested in seeing how that turns out, if it goes anywhere.

I can't see him wanting to put his name to this, even if he has a legitimate claim!

Agent Z

G-Man said:
I'm looking forward to Moriarty dishing some info on Darabont's script... I'd really love to read it, but I doubt Lucas will let it leak in it's entirety...

Does Lucas have the rights to Darabont's script though? :confused:

fedoraboy said:
I can't see him wanting to put his name to this, even if he has a legitimate claim!

*LOL* Well, I think Frank mentioned that his script did not have the father/son angle which, ironically, turned out to be the least of the final film's problems.

Darabont seems too level to me to have put in some of the over the top silliness on display right now in theaters.

I have a feeling that there are so many pieces from so many drafts as to not make it that obvious.

Last edited:

sanitystream

Agent Z said:

Hmmm... how to commit career suicide in Hollywood:

Sue both Steven Spielberg AND George Lucas. At the same time.

Yeah. Good luck with that Frank.