TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Love triangle?

I don't know how this could be worked in, but do you think there could be any possibility of say, a love triangle of sorts--For example, having Sophia Hapgood turn up in IJ 5 working alongside the bad guys...And Indy perhaps being unable to resist her charms (to put it mildly) given their past history, despite his marriage to Marion...After all you can't keep a dog tied down too long.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Mickiana
IndyFan

A horny old Indy. I don't like the idea of that. An affair will then have implications with his being married to Marion now and I was hoping that Marion might be left out of Indy5 though of course she will probably appear. Maybe a temptation could appear (for old time's sake) but he should resist and keep adventuring.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Moedred
Administrator

Yes, love it! (At 3:40.) Also the horny parts.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahZ-WOz1uk
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
Toht's Arm
IndyFan

I agree that the character's too old to watch him get stuck in a love triangle. Plus, he only just got married.

Also, I doubt they'd simply bring in a character from one of the (incredibly awesome) computer games. That'd be like George admitting that FoA was better than KotCS...
Toht's Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
I don't know how this could be worked in, but do you think there could be any possibility of say, a love triangle of sorts--For example, having Sophia Hapgood turn up in IJ 5 working alongside the bad guys...And Indy perhaps being unable to resist her charms (to put it mildly) given their past history, despite his marriage to Marion...After all you can't keep a dog tied down too long.
It would only be a true triangle if Sophia lusts after Marion (or vice-versa).

Here's a love triangle idea I proposed a few months ago in the "General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities" thread:

"Personally, I'd like to see Spielberg do an Ingmar Bergman-ish film with Indy 5 using a Jean-Paul Sartre "Huis Clos"-type of situation. Indy, Marion and Fayah in a room together with no doors or windows. Marion loves Indy. Indy wants Fayah. Fayah lusts for Marion. Around and around it goes..."
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Moedred
Administrator

And here's my proposal of a Mutt/Elsa/Indy love triangle.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote