TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Most Overrated Of The Series?
Raiders Of The Lost Ark 6 13.95%
Temple Of Doom 3 6.98%
The Last Crusade 23 53.49%
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull 11 25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
Temple Raider
IndyFan

I think TLC may be my new least favorite of the series, now. I still enjoy it tremendously and love it, but my last viewing of it I just didn't enjoy it as much as the others for some reason. The issues I have with it stuck out majorly last time.
Temple Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #52
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple Raider
I think TLC may be my new least favorite of the series, now. I still enjoy it tremendously and love it, but my last viewing of it I just didn't enjoy it as much as the others for some reason. The issues I have with it stuck out majorly last time.

TLC isn't my least favorite, but after not having seen it in a year or so (like the rest of the sequels) I watched it along with the rest about a week or so ago. It actually has gone down a notch for me, though.

KOTCS passed it up for my second favorite. Something about TLC is very dull, to me. Not sure what it is...
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #53
Temple Raider
IndyFan

TLC is the only one lacking in creativity to me, sans the trials Indy faces near the end. It feels very deriative of Raiders to the point it's more concerned with replicating a similar storyline instead of trying to be creative and bold like TOD and KOTCS were. For that reason it has a very "been there, done that and done it better" feeling and it's the only IJ film that left me feeling that way. The lack of creativity and the extremely over the top, silly humor bog it down majorly for me.

As I've said, it's still a very entertaining and fun film and I love it, but it doesn't seem quite as awesome anymore to me.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #54
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

I think TLC had a great McGuffin and I can tell alot of heart went into the film in its script and direction.

It was the first Indy film that tried to make Indy a 'character' and not just the hero of the film.

My issues with TLC are centered on the fact that it just feels empty even though it's not. It tries too hard to be ROTLA in alot of ways and is almost a non-stop comedy. It also has some pacing issues that the other three films just don't have.

Love it, though!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #55
Temple Raider
IndyFan

I agree. I feel the much more comedic approach makes it feel like the oddball almost out of the four movies, with the other three having their funny moments but not as much as TLC.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #56
mikieson
IndyFan

I dont think ive ever picked apart an Indy movie ever...OR most movies from my childhood actually. No need. Why try and ruin something that is great already? We can pick apart every single movie made and find things we dont like or like and compare them to this movie or that movie..again, why?? Do you want to mess up your vision of what you like? Because thats a quick way to do it..just my opinion.
mikieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #57
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieson
I dont think ive ever picked apart an Indy movie ever...OR most movies from my childhood actually. No need. Why try and ruin something that is great already? We can pick apart every single movie made and find things we dont like or like and compare them to this movie or that movie..again, why?? Do you want to mess up your vision of what you like? Because thats a quick way to do it..just my opinion.

What's wrong with looking at things closely? Picking things apart is what is done on forums.

I can agree that picking apart something you love can mess up your vision of the film, somewhat. Because once you pick it apart, you find faults you didn't know were there. And what is seen cannot be unseen, at that point. I noticed this with TOD, TLC and KOTCS.

Sometimes not knowing every flaw is better for you and your enjoyment of something.