Ab Aeterno

Nurhachi1991 said:
Cool man when is it going to be finished?

It'll be graded on May 13th, screened on the 15th and scored... sometime this summer. Damn equipment malfunction put me a month behind schedule so my composer can no longer score it in time for the screening. I'll be using temp music instead.

Nurhachi1991

ResidentAlien said:
It'll be graded on May 13th, screened on the 15th and scored... sometime this summer. Damn equipment malfunction put me a month behind schedule so my composer can no longer score it in time for the screening. I'll be using temp music instead.

Will you eventually put it up on youtube it really does look interesting! Ahhh hell that sucks man I'm sure the music will still be cool though.

DocWhiskey

Looks very interesting. I really like the general look of it. The warm colors I mean. I wish you luck with it. What's it's running time?

DocWhiskey said:
Looks very interesting. I really like the general look of it. The warm colors I mean. I wish you luck with it. What's it's running time?

Thanks. I'll pass the compliment on to my Director of Photography.

Should be a little over 5 minutes. ...unless I made a gross misjudgment in my pacing. :p

Won't know conclusively until I shoot the rest of the film on the 30th, though. ...won't get it back from the lab until about the 4th or so...

AlivePoet

Nice work! While checking out your other videos, I noticed that you had favourited a couple of Leonard Cohen songs. (y) Are you a fan? If so, great musical taste. (I'm a diehard Leonard fan.)

AlivePoet said:
Nice work! While checking out your other videos, I noticed that you had favourited a couple of Leonard Cohen songs. (y) Are you a fan? If so, great musical taste. (I'm a diehard Leonard fan.)

Seeing him at the Merriweather in May.

AlivePoet

ResidentAlien said:
Seeing him at the Merriweather in May.

Delightful. I saw him in Montreal last June, and his show was absolutely astounding. I'm seeing him in May as well, in Quebec. Enjoy the show! :hat:

AlivePoet said:
Delightful. I saw him in Montreal last June, and his show was absolutely astounding. I'm seeing him in May as well, in Quebec. Enjoy the show! :hat:

I'm sure I will-- the Live in London DVD/ CD were positively astounding. The man is as brilliant as ever.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
This looks awesome, Alien. I love the warm tones also, as well as the actor's wardrobes.

Thanks, sir! The wardrobe was all but entirely out of my control-- I went shopping, sure... but eventually gave in and let the actors clothe themselves as I was having trouble fitting them via Goodwill. What they came up with was exactly what I had in mind. I'm thrilled with that much.

Chicago Jones said:
nice...the camera that is.

Indeed. It's a pretty nice setup.

...Currently immersed in the murky depths of ADR work... and I hate my life right now.

The film will be finished by the 13th, screened 2 days later, but I can scarcely see the forest through the trees. For anyone who has never done ADR, I assure you it's hellish.

Finished the film this morning. Had it critiqued by the professor today-- he was more than a little enthusiastic and urged me to start submitting to festivals.

The big screening before an audience is on Friday...

Well I am now a graduated man.

I just finished another piece as well, Ab Intra. It's a companion piece to Ab Aeterno. Very, very proud of it, I must say. Not sure if I'm going to share it online yet. I do have all the rights squared away this time around-- music was composed for it, everyone's all signed off on everything. No worry there as there was with my last film.

Lance Quazar

Whew....I thought this was about that crappy LOST episode. Way to mess up a previously-great character with a lame backstory.

Anyway, the short looks great, best of luck! Hope your screening went well, congrats on graduation and good luck with your future endeavors!