New Acquisitions!!

Nurhachi1991

tnswman said:
Yea it is cool isn't it? I actually forgot about the new sets until Lego sent me their " Surprise" for my collection. That magazine article got lots of cool things for me.

I just HATE putting Lego sets together LOL!

I love it! Ever since I was a little kid I liked Lego's the flying wing set is amazing...... My only complaint is Lack of Swatsika but hey can't have it all

Deckard

286ybko.jpg

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
No sign of Wings or Shanghi Chase in South Western Connecticut -- from Hamden to Norwalk -- a lot of Indy 3 pack Jungle Cutters at TRU for 19.99, a lot of Mighty Muggs and a ton O' Mutt... but looks like the new LEGOs, TOD wave and any chance of the lat of the 12" is not happening today.

Crack that whip

I received the latest issue of the magazine a couple days ago, and today received part of an order I'd placed at the online Indy shop a while back - the huge bus shelter poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Huzzah! Tomorrow I should have the rest of the order.

Crack that whip said:
Considering how fond I am of the LEGO Indy line, it's astounding how long it's taking me to get all the sets I want (at least one of each, with multiples of certain sets depending upon their parts assortments), but I continue to work at it, and today I finally acquired not one but two copies of set # 7628: Peril in Peru. Huzzah!

Sadly, after certain ugly financial realities (vehicle repairs) reared their ugly, ugly heads, I decided to return those two sets, but I did order a couple copies of it from the IJ shop some months ago while they still had them, so hopefully I'll still get them (as with this other order, I ordered those along with a preorder item that wouldn't be ready for a while).

monkey man

These sets are in every TRU in N.J.
TRU seems to have gotten the Wing/Shanghai sets before everyone else.
I only bought the Wing.
I'm pretty sure that these sets will show up at Target for a better price. TRU sells Lego sets for a little more $$$ than Target. I saved my receipt. I'll get the Shanghai set when they show up at Target.

Goonie

At Walmart (yes Walmart) today I got:
Temple Guard
Willie Scott
Indiana Jones magazine issue #5

(y)

Now all I need is:
Mola Ram
Short Round
Indy with sword
Pat Roach
Cloth canopy truck

Dr.Sartorius

You found Issue 5 at...Walmart??:confused: I can't even find it at Borders, Barnes and Noble, and every local book store I know.

Anyway I FINALLY found a Henry Jones action figure at Toys R Us. :eek:

I also saw the two new Lego sets there. I decided to wait until I can get them for cheaper prices at Target though.

Jack Panix

I received the Sideshow 12" Indy (non-exclusive version) yesterday.

Also picked up the Peril in Peru and The Lost Tomb (Well of Souls) LEGO sets in the last week, my second copy of each.

Goonie

Dr.Sartorius said:
You found Issue 5 at...Walmart??:confused: I can't even find it at Borders, Barnes and Noble, and every local book store I know.

Yup. The only two places around here that sell the Indy mag are Walmart and Chapters bookstore.

Crack that whip

Crack that whip said:
I received the latest issue of the magazine a couple days ago, and today received part of an order I'd placed at the online Indy shop a while back - the huge bus shelter poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Huzzah! Tomorrow I should have the rest of the order.

... aaaaannnd here it is - a hardcover of James Rollins' novelization of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with a signed bookplate, an Akator Temple staircase concept art litho, a set of LEGO Indy minifig keychains, and the bonus freebie vintage Marvel Indy comic - #14, to be precise, coincidentally the first issue I received when I began a subscription back in the day.

metalinvader

Phew! After over a week without power,Gotta say it's great to be back at this (sometimes) humble board.

Still,In the event of having no power and being in a state of emergency I managed to snag a few things..

The sideshow Indy
Shorty and Sallah MM
Finished my set of Masterpiece cards,I also got two more sketch cards...

I've got alot of catching up to do!

Received the uber-rare GSX box set of watches from Japan. They are so very cool - too bad I don't wear a watch :)

And they came with a cool vintage-style carded Indy Kubrick.

gsx_box.jpg

DocWhiskey

Don't know if anyone cares, and I'm sure somebody already reported this but Target has all Indy figures on Clearance:(

$5.98 for action figures
$10.98 for 12 inch figures

Jack Panix

Picked up the LEGO Fight on the Flying Wing and Shanghai Chase sets at TRU last Friday.

Though not on sale, both '09 sets are featured in this weeks TRU ad, along with the Peruvian Temple Escape.

Goonie

I picked up a third Indy with Ark. After examining the packaging and deciding which one is in rougher shape, I'm going to open one of the two sealed ones and customize the Ark to have the pole rings and carrying poles.(y) The deluxe figs are still $4.00 at Walmart! (y)

Jack Panix

I got two more Crystal Skeletons with Throne in the mail today. I think I sent off for four so hopefully I'll get the other two soon.

I have seven of these things now and I'm going to send off for at least one or two more when I open more figs, including the TOD wave! I'd also like to send away for another Adv. Hero Indy with horse.