Story of trilogy on Record, Cassette, and CD

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Found the whole thing, sandwiched into some yutz's podcasts.
How does one turn this into a single download?
Indyclone, can you provide an image?
-----
The Story of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Music by John Williams, story by Ted Kryczko.
Narrated by John Rhys-Davies.
CD-015 Buena Vista Records, UPC: 5008-70656-2
Burbank, Calif. p1989. 51:15 min.
The Adventure Begins 5:02, Donovan 8:37, The Catacombs 7:11, Brunwald Castle 11:01, Berlin 10:20, The Final Challenge 9:04.
https://podcast.ic.sunysb.edu//blojsom_resources/meta/destinies/Destinies051608.m4a
https://podcast.ic.sunysb.edu//blojsom_resources/meta/destinies/Destinies052308.m4a

Edit: Or it's available for purchase here.
http://soundtrack-mp3-1-60.lyricstemple.com/350c0306.html

Last edited:

indyclone25

this is what the cd looks like
scan0001-10.jpg

if you want a copy of the story of last crusade pm me

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, you're fast! I realize I could have just sought google images. Here are the best two I found.
I may pm you later, right now I'm just enjoying those podcasts. "Their trails of dust merged into one as they rode over the horizon toward home." Sigh.

What we really need are digital versions of the "Story of" Temple of Doom and the Raiders "Movie on Cassette." Hopefully someone needn't tear open their sealed copies...

indyclone25

i have transferred both temple and raiders to sound files and have them on my mp3 player if you want them i can burn them to a disc so you can have the stories and put them on your ipod or mp3 player
:D

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
In this version, Rough Rider (?) says "Sure enough, that little darlin's gonna fetch us top dollar." Connery says "The floor is on fire, see? And the chair, and it's approaching the table!" Which is a nice find but methinks belabors the joke.

It's a treat to hear the raw audio without music from "Elsa never really believed in the Grail" to "follow me, I know the way!" Crank it, it's just the guys and the horses moving around.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, Indy to Belloq: "Why don'cha come down and look, I'll show ya, it's fantastic."

indyclone25

they never had track names since it was never released on cd --- it was just side one and side two from the album or cassette,

indyclone25

when i grew up i listen to the raiders of the lost ark : movie on record so much that i had to buy another one , and the temple of doom was also a great listen , then when last crusade came out i had gotten that on cassette and then found them on cd --- i was a t a dollar store a year later and found the last crusade cds for a buck and bought 8 i gave a few to my friends and then sat on many of them til last year where i had put a few on ebay and made some extra money to buy my indy figures , wish i would have bought more back in 1990 oh well what can you do,

my dad did a great job putting them into sound files and putting them on cds --- i listen to them in the car when we have long trips , my dad friends love that he did them too

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Other slight differences:
"Welcome home, old boy. To your very good health."
"Don't worry, this is kids play."
And the whole "You betrayed Shiva" sequence has no music... fascinating.

I have this as well...nice share! :hat:

Notice the deleted scene from this part of the booklet?(y)

scan0006-5.jpg

They show Indy, Henry, Sallah and Marus watching the demolition of the entrance to the Canyon...:cool:

indyclone25

like i said before these are great to hear again --- th e raiders of the lost ark story on record was my favorite you could just envision the scenes ... when i was a kid of about fifteen - i would lock myself in my room and draw and listen to that record over and over again ,now my son listens to them , what a great way to pass down these collected stories .

indyclone25 said:
like i said before these are great to hear again --- th e raiders of the lost ark story on record was my favorite you could just envision the scenes ... when i was a kid of about fifteen - i would lock myself in my room and draw and listen to that record over and over again ,now my son listens to them , what a great way to pass down these collected stories .

I used to have Raiders on casette, but now have it and Temple on LP.
Is Temple like Raiders..no narrarator?