DK Young Readers Books

New DK Indy books

I just came across these as well, yesterday on Amazon. I am dying to know what they are. Help? Anyone?

DIrishB

I can't say for sure, but I think these are short books for very young readers 4-6 with pictures from the movies and very large, accompanying text to describe the scenes. The Traps and Snares one probably focuses on all Indy's temple/tomb robbing adventures, whereas the Indy Adventures is probably just a general summary of one or some of the movies.

I think I saw several of these done by the same publisher (DK) for Pirates of the Caribbean. So, as said, I don't think these will be original stories, but the hardcore Indy fans will probably still want to pick them up.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
That's the truth, especially for the price. :p

Yeah, that is a pretty fair indicator. Still, I'll keep an eye on these, least till they release some summary info or pictures of the cover. (y)

indyclone25

2 new dk books coming out in october

dk will be realeasing two new kiddie beginner reading books in october
0015583.jpg

0015584.jpg

Picture

I think the picture on the Indy's Adventures book is from Temple of Doom, in the Cave after Shorty accidentally closes the door then activates the spike trap, but not sure.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
punisher5150 said:
I think the picture on the Indy's Adventures book is from Temple of Doom, in the Cave after Shorty accidentally closes the door then activates the spike trap, but not sure.

Definitely, but I've never seen this still before, unlike, say, the one on the other book, which is definitely over-circulated.

indyclone25

Attila the Professor said:
Do we know anything else about these? Length? Whether they have a story?

usually the books are about twenty pages in length, and do have a story ---- then they also are given to be books about the character and locations they have visited .i'm guessing that both will be a little of both , because they are learning books for 1st and 2nd graders , but that won't stop me from buying them --- my wife says i act like a kid anyways ---lol

Johnny Jones

Two more, coming out early next year, just in time to be too late for Christmas:
Great Escapes
The Search for Buried Treasure

A pleasant surprise was that The Buried Treasure book mentions at least one Young Indy adventure, the one in Egypt. It's not quite accurate, but whatever. Now, dare I hope for a continuation of the Untold Adventures series? (y)

Lao_Che

Johnny Jones said:
A pleasant surprise was that The Buried Treasure book mentions at least one Young Indy adventure, the one in Egypt. It's not quite accurate, but whatever. Now, dare I hope for a continuation of the Untold Adventures series? (y)

If you take a gander at the glossary in the Look Inside feature you'll see Meto, Krishnamurti, Remy and WW1 are mentioned aswell.

Vlad the Impaler (Targo) and the Red Baron are referenced in the Great Escapes glossary.

Lao_Che

The Search for Buried Treasure said:
On his quest for the Sankara Stones in the Temple of Doom Indy came face to face with a snake. Was it real or a statue? Indy looked away and when he turned back, the mysterious snake had vanished into thin air!

Take that, continuity error. :p