Indy Places 5th in Hero Rankings

IndyBuff

Before I went to bed last night I caught a show on Bravo (not a channel I usually watch but the ad caught my attention) titled "The 20 Greatest Super Heroes of All-Time" or something like that. Anyway, Indiana Jones ranked in 5th place overall. I don't know if anyone else saw this but I was glad to see characters like 007 and Indy make the list. They showed some clips from the films and had other actors and producers talking about the characters. The top five were:

1. Spiderman
2. Superman
3. Batman
4. James Bond
5. Indiana Jones

I was just thrilled to see Indy place so high on the list, even beating out characters with super powers and all that other stuff. They said that "sometimes all it takes to be a hero is brains and a bullwhip." I couldn't have said it better myself.:)

IndyBuff

I was glad to see 007 make the list but I would have put Indy in first place and Bond in second.:whip:

indifan101

What about Luke Skywalker?:( Bravo-"Their more machine now than man, twisted and evil.") Congrats to Indy! 5th isn't bad at all!:D

Henry Jones Sr

indifan101 said:
What about Luke Skywalker?:( Bravo-"Their more machine now than man, twisted and evil.") Congrats to Indy! 5th isn't bad at all!:D

I think too many people find Luke too whiney to make the top five. ;)

IndyBuff

indifan101 said:

Actually, I think Luke was in the top 10, although I can't remember what place he was. He might have been 6th or 7th but I don't know for sure.

Finn

Staff member
Nice, but there's something I'd like to ask... since when has Indy been a <i>superhero</i>? Same goes with Bond. Yes yes, there's a supernatural element in all of the Indy flicks, but I still say that our man with the hat (and 007) would be more home on a list with names like John McClane, Rick O'Connell, Martin Riggs etc etc.

Anybody who gets punched in the face as much as Indy, and still has 'perfect teeth' isn't human... I guess that makes him a "SUPER" hero....

James Bond is a pillow-biter

roundshort

What about the Man with no man?

I gotta say, Bond above Indy, well he has pulled in more ass, kicked more ass, and saved the worlds ass more than Indy, but still, I'd have to put indy higher.

Jay R. Zay

Indy said:
1. Spiderman
2. Superman
3. Batman
4. James Bond
5. Indiana Jones

i'd say it's not my impression at all. spiderman and superman aren't very believable at all. i can understand that batman is popular, the stories are unusually dark (i.e. unusual for mainstream superhero comics). james bond is funny but not too much of a hero either; in the first place he is just doing his job. and how about john mcclane? john rambo? dr. grant from jurassic park? robin hood? han solo? aragorn? and wouldn't marty mcfly and ellen ripley also qualify as heroes?

well, don't know but james bond, spiderman and superman wouldn't be among my top 10 at all and i doubt, spidey and superman would even be among my top 100.

San Holo

Jay R. Zay said:
i'd say it's not my impression at all. spiderman and superman aren't very believable at all. i can understand that batman is popular, the stories are unusually dark (i.e. unusual for mainstream superhero comics). james bond is funny but not too much of a hero either; in the first place he is just doing his job. and how about john mcclane? john rambo? dr. grant from jurassic park? robin hood? han solo? aragorn? and wouldn't marty mcfly and ellen ripley also qualify as heroes?

well, don't know but james bond, spiderman and superman wouldn't be among my top 10 at all and i doubt, spidey and superman would even be among my top 100.
Who would be at the top of your super hero list? David Hasselhoff maybe?;)

Finn

Staff member
San Holo said:
Who would be at the top of your super hero list? David Hasselhoff maybe?;)
Or a cavalcade of talking heads from those boring German detective series like <i>Der Alte</i> and <i>Siska</i>?