"First review" and a lot of new pics!

snake_surprise

jasperjones said:
To be fair I think that they're all hoping for it to be great but I get the feeling that the prequels taught them not to get excited by anything connected with Lucas.
Bingo.

I think this film has a better chance to succeed than the prequels did for several reasons, but if this is bad, I blame Lucas.

tocksic

jasperjones said:
I'm thinking it could well do, with the whole gang there, including Henry jones snr.

that would fit into an indiana jones movie like a ballerina into a cage-deathmatch.

jasperjones

I'm not saying that's my dream ending, although I'm not against it. Still if they do get married, you would have your friends and family there. COuld work. Could suck.

scifiwolf

You know, I'd like to believe the review. I'll admit it may be bogus, but I'd really like to believe it. Some of those pictures are pretty cool, especially the metro station adverts.

:whip:

Gear

Nice find. I'm very impressed. I'm thrilled that these reviews are so good. Wonderful pictures too. I'm so excited for this.

thanks

SterankoII

I actually wish it wasn't so enthusiastic and just had a few criticisms so I can believe it more. I'm clinging to one tiny shred of hope that this is real. And that is based on remembering before ROTS came out even the more positive of the real reviews had some valid points of contention. I have no doubt that Spielberg can still put together fantastic setpieces. I mean he even made the non-dinosaur scenes in the two Jurassic Park exciting(electric fence, cracking glass)! And if he can put them all together in a great story with a satisfying ending, fantastic. If we go buy this alleged review, this will be the best ending to a Spielberg movie in a LONG time!

Zorg

If the film does indeed end with the wedding, I will trust Spielberg to handle it the right way. I mean, how and where would Indiana Jones want to get married? Surely Indy and Marion are not your average newlyweds. :hat:

The Dark Shape

There's no way the review is real. It's vague and doesn't mention anything the teaser didn't reveal. The compliments are too simple ("He's good!" "Good chemistry!") and there isn't a single qualm to be found. Beyond that, the film never once clocked in at 140 minutes, discrediting this 'insider' and all of his information.

This is a fan faking a review online, guys.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
The Dark Shape said:
There's no way the review is real. It's vague and doesn't mention anything the teaser didn't reveal. The compliments are too simple ("He's good!" "Good chemistry!") and there isn't a single qualm to be found. Beyond that, the film never once clocked in at 140 minutes, discrediting this 'insider' and all of his information.

This is a fan faking a review online, guys.

Pal, I won't say that this is completely outside the fan faking zone, but it's definitely potentially in the (studio) spin zone, you know...

The Dark Shape

torao said:
Pal, I won't say that this is completely outside the fan faking zone, but it's definitely potentially in the (studio) spin zone, you know...

Why does the studio need to spin anything? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but negative internet buzz isn't going to have any affect at all.

Spider-Man 3 had negative buzz and it shattered the opening weekend record.

SterankoII

Lucas has also been downplaying it and trying to get everybody to lower their expectations, saying it isn't the Second Coming.

donufro

SterankoII said:
Lucas has also been downplaying it and trying to get everybody to lower their expectations, saying it isn't the Second Coming.

I think he said that because people come into movies expecting unrealistic things. Why would the producer of a film tell people "don't get your hopes up [because it sucks]"? He just got done working on it, for pete's sake.

He's only saying that in the end, it's just a movie that should be enjoyed and to not taken so seriously, as fans tend to do.

The Whip

IF they knocked it out of the park... and they knew darn well that they knocked it out of the park... then the smartest thing they could possibly do is down play it and not show or reveal anything more than the minimum.

Because if its really good, and people don't have any expectations... then people will be BLOWN AWAY. Like they were in 1981.

Adamwankenobi

Zorg said:
If the film does indeed end with the wedding, I will trust Spielberg to handle it the right way. I mean, how and where would Indiana Jones want to get married? Surely Indy and Marion are not your average newlyweds. :hat:

If there's a wedding scene, I hope it's drastically different than the one in the Saucer Men from Mars script. For example, it would be incredibly silly for an adult Short Round to pop up out of nowhere in the last scene, or for the last lines of the film to be like "I love you Dr. Jones"/I love you too Dr. Jones". :sick:

eroc

I hope to God that they don't throw in a wedding ending. That would be the lamest ending ever. What would be the point?