NEW! Sideshow Indy in German disguise is coming!

deckard24

Billy Ray said:
These pics definitely make this figure look better, and after seeing some new shots I'm much more impressed with the head sculpt! The way the preview pic was taken gave Indy more of a Mel Gibson/William Wallace look, but these pics show how accurate the Ford likeness is. I like the addition of more scruff with the paint app, it really adds to the Raiders look and in my opinion should have been more evident on the 12" Raiders Indy. The lack of scruff for that one was more fitting of an LC Indy figure, then a Raiders figure.

Still, I'm holding out for a Map Room Indy or a Prof. Indy. I'd really like to get my hands on that Idol Environment Diorama, but I don't care for the Belloq figure. And as cool as Toht is, I'd rather save my money for a different figure like TOD Indy, Henry Sr., or Mola Ram.

tnswman

I have it pre-ordered and am eady to go...I LOVE this figure...So far though, my favorite "NEW" 12" Indy is the Medicom Indy from KOTCS that comes with the Crystal Skull...the likeness is DEAD ON for Harrison in KOTCS.

The_Raiders

I think I may just wait for the head of this figure to come up on ebay. I see the regular sideshow Indy head there ALL the time.

phantom train

I should be getting the SS 12" Indy in German disguise soon - looking forward to this, since I could never find the 12" Hasbro version last year.

Though I completely understand that many collectors think this figure was unecessary, I'm glad SS made this - it will fill a gap in my collection, especially since Hasbro's line got cancelled and a small version of IJ in this outfit never came out. Plus, it's from an iconic scene in ROTLA.

I'll post more once I receive the figure.

monkey man

Mine is on the way too. There are pics on the Sideshow forum. Not sure about this one. I need to see it in hand. Too bad the hat doesn't come off.
I was never able to find the Hasbro version either and this looks better than that. The Hasbro one is overpriced on the secondary market. Might as well pay the extra $$$ for a better likeness.
Henry Jones Sr will be in the warehouse in 18 days too. I got that email. Looking forward to seeing that one.

phantom train

Just got the 12" Indy in German disguise today. Great figure & very detailed sculpt and outfit. My brief review:

- I don't mind the non-removable cap at all, since this figure is very scene-specific and the figure probably wouldn't look that great with a cloth removable cap.

- After close observation, I noticed the figure has a scar/small wound on his forehead (partially hidden by the cap) - very authentic.

- This outfit brings to mind the old Kenner figure of IJ in this outfit, but far superior to that of course.

Since the Hasbro line got cancelled, these SS figures seem like they're the only way we'll be getting new IJ figures.

That being said, I hope SS produces a 12" Mola Ram, Marion Ravenwood (Raven bar outfit), Thugee, Palace guard (TOD), Dietrich, Belloq in ceremonial outift, and IJ in Tux (from TOD).

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I now own TWO of them.. one I ordered from Sideshow and one from my local Comic Shop that I forgot to cancel...