Amusing discussion on IMDb

MP3

I found this part particulary amusing:

Nah, Danny Devito's actually starring as the Hulk in the sequel, "Hulk II: Bulk". That's what I heard anyway. Chan's got nothing on his plate for the next year and has stated publicly he is in talks for the role, whilst Ford has ducked out, as he is playing a young Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars prequel. They are going to use digital makeup effects to make him look 9 years old. Really. Tom Hanks told me

Another funny part:

Also to avoid sexist, racial and religious descrimanation acusations The next Indiana Jones will be a female, black and a muslim. Its gonna be called....................
Indiana Jones and the Politicly Correct adventure

This news come straight from the top. I spoke to Steven yesterday and George the day before.

To which someone else responded:

Wait........ you know Stephen Hawking and George Foreman?!?!?!

intergamer

Here's a reproduction

<b>Harrison Ford - Replacement?!?
by - jazz_welland (Tue Nov 25 03:50:17)</b>

After ringing up the production company for Indiana Jones 4 vigorously, information was divulged to me accidentally that Harrison Ford is too old to play the part, and the production crew were having problems with him in various scenes. Apparently, the line-up for the possible replacements are:

Mel Gibson
Jackie Chan *
Drew Barrymore

By the way the man spoke to me over the phone, it seems the favourite to replace Harrison Ford is Jackie Chan. My god I laughed when I heard this, although it appears to be true. Well, any comments on this bizarre change to the schedule?

Your resident movie expert,

James Gilbert
<b>
Re: Harrison Ford - Replacement?!?
by - sambaron (Tue Nov 25 05:27:06)
</b>
Hi James.

I heard something about that too, strange, huh? I think it was in Empire Magazine. I'll see if i can find the article.

Odd choice, though.
<b>
by - gilly55 (Tue Nov 25 05:31:28)
</b>
I'm almost certain that Jackie Chan has accepted the role in the new film, I read it in Total Film a couple of weeks ago. I agree it's a strange choice, but Chan's acting is so convincing, I'm sure you'll hardly notice the difference.
<b>
by - sambaron (Tue Nov 25 05:39:27)
</b>
UPDATED Tue Nov 25 05:40:05
Found the article!
From Empire.co.uk :

?Hollywood mega-franchise ?Indiana Jones?, from the collective minds of directors Steven ?The Beard? Spielberg and George ?The Other Beard? Lucas, is undergoing some changes. The trilogy previously starred Harrison Ford ? until now. Ford has reportedly been turned down for the role of the adventurous professor by distributors, on the grounds that ?He?s too old?! Others being lined up for replacement are upcoming ?Around the world in 80 days? star Jackie Chan, and ladies favourite Mel Gibson. George Lucas is reportedly ?fuming? about the decision, but Spielberg, a fan of Chan from his Police Story days, is backing the decision.?

Crazy!
<b>
by - The_Nephilim (Tue Nov 25 09:23:47)
</b>
Chan's acting is so convincing, I'm sure you'll hardly notice the difference.

lmao

I know I wouldn't know the difference. Bring on Chan in 2005!

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind. -- John Donne
<b>
by - Aurthurdent (Tue Nov 25 10:41:42)
</b>
First of all you guys are nuts, second Ford(about 60) is only about ten years older than Chan(about 50). Chan can be in it sure thats fine. There is and only ever will be one Hero in Indiana Jones series.

FORD IS INDY. NO FORD, NO MOVIE.

"Look," said Arthur, "would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"
<b>
by - somefatbloke (Wed Nov 26 04:00:46)
</b>
Well, 2 be fair Harrison Ford doesnt look anythin like he did in the other films. I heard it was gonna be John Travolta - that could be cool
<b>
by - sambaron (Wed Nov 26 04:10:08)
</b>
I definately agree that Ford looks too old, but if push came to shove, I'd rather see Jackie take on the role over Travolta. I think that Mel Gibson would send the franchise to hell, but Jackie could breath new life in to it. Maybe even prompt a Indiana 5 & 6?!

---------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/sambaronfilms - As seen by Kevin Smith!
<b>
by - markmay80 (Wed Nov 26 04:40:57)
</b>
It is true that John Travolta will take the role as Harrison Ford has been announced as too fat. Jackie however will spice up the part but it is highly unlikely he will take it as he has been offered the part as John Travolta's sidekick a part he feels more suited too.
<b>
by - Ankhet (Wed Nov 26 07:09:11)
</b>
I like Mel , Jackie and John a lot, but those three makes no Harrison Ford for the Indiana Jones role.

"Dark am I,yet lovely..."
<b>
by - Aurthurdent (Wed Nov 26 07:19:26)
</b>
Well since reality left through the window here....... Jason Lee is actually playing indiana Jones, Kevin Smith is wiring it for them and its called Indiana Lives.

"Look," said Arthur, "would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?"
<b>
by - sambaron (Wed Nov 26 08:57:16)
</b>
Look, if Harvey Weinstein wouldn't let Lee be Fletch in Fletch Won, there's no way he would get the Indiana role. Chan, however, is on the top of his game at the moment with "The Medallion" and "80 days..." so my money's on him.

Mel Gibson however has hit new lows, and so has no chance. I'm counting the days until "Indi-CHAN-a Jones"!

<b>
by - markmay80 (Wed Nov 26 11:44:55)
</b>
It has come to my attention that Danny Devito has been approached as the new Indy. He has also been requested by LucasFilm to put on weight and has been given a strict diet of gherkins an marmalade. It has also been rumoured that its title has been announced: "Indiana Jones and the Voyage of the Dawntreader"

Now that is film i am looking forward too!

Film Journalist - The Herald

Mark May
<b>
by - sambaron (Wed Nov 26 12:49:32)
</b>
That is such bullsh*t, that will never happen! 1st, DeVito has had problems with the studio in the past, and 2nd he is supposed to take a role in the new Harry Potter film, so can't do both.

Take ur herald elsewhere, con artist!!

<b>
by - somefatbloke (Thu Nov 27 03:53:35)
</b>
UPDATED Thu Nov 27 03:55:02
Oh yeah? Then why exactly are those things not listed on imdb?
And also, I thoguht danny devito was doing x men not harry potter
<b>
by - The_Nephilim (Thu Nov 27 08:14:35)
</b>
Nah, Danny Devito's actually starring as the Hulk in the sequel, "Hulk II: Bulk". That's what I heard anyway. Chan's got nothing on his plate for the next year and has stated publicly he is in talks for the role, whilst Ford has ducked out, as he is playing a young Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars prequel. They are going to use digital makeup effects to make him look 9 years old. Really. Tom Hanks told me

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind. -- John Donne
<b>
IDIOTS
by - englandfan66_1985 (Thu Nov 27 11:58:00)
</b>
You lot are getting Danny DeVito mixed up.
He is playing James Bond in the next 007 film.

Also to avoid sexist, racial and religious descrimanation acusations The next Indiana Jones will be a female, black and a muslim. Its gonna be called....................
Indiana Jones and the Politicly Correct adventure

This news come straight from the top. I spoke to Steven yesterday and George the day before.
<b>
Re: IDIOTS
by - sambaron (Thu Nov 27 12:20:36)
</b>
Wait........ you know Stephen Hawking and George Foreman?!?!?!

You guys are crazy. Danny Devito could never be 007. Jackie Chan, however, could be Indiana Jones. My fingers remain tightly crossed - here's to hoping..

<b>
Re: IDIOTS
by - markmay80 (Thu Nov 27 12:28:51)
</b>
If this not confirmation enough i don't know what is:

http://www.indianajonesbulletin.com/news/cast/ (DeVito's name is in the list)

It is also confirmed that Harrison Ford will play a small role as the Baboon Breeder in Greenland towards the end of the movie.

Sounds good so far!

Film Journalist - The Herald

Mark May
<b>
jackie to replace harrison
by - sambaron (Thu Nov 27 13:05:06)
</b>
Hmm... that link doesn't work for me. Is there a reason, "markmay80"?
This site quotes jackie chan as being considered:

http://www.geocities.com/upcomingmovienews/hollywood/georgelucas/indianajones4.html

so it looks to me like there really is some truth to a very odd, but i think good, choice.

--sam.

<b>
Re: jackie to replace harrison
by - VincentMaloy (Thu Nov 27 15:16:35)
</b>
I love Jakie Chan but no one can have the Indy attitude like Harrison Ford. I think he would make a great sidekick. And if it is taking place in the 50`s comunist china. looking for some hidden ninja artifact or something, he woukd make a great sidekick. Its Shang-Hi Noon meets indy.

Why do you guys smoke this stuff, tryin` to escape reality. I am reality
<b>
by - markmay80 (Fri Nov 28 04:04:31)
</b>
Whether it is Ford, Chan, etc. does anybody know when Indiana Jones and the Voyage of the Dawntreader is out in 2005?

Film Journalist - The Telegraph

Mark May
<b>
by - fatman86 (Sun Nov 30 13:01:15)
</b>
We have the confirmed facts. George will be writing, Spielberg will be directing, Harrison Ford is back and so is Sean Connery.

http://indianajones.ugo.com/movies/news.php?id=98

jackie chan come on that would be so outta character it wouldnt be funny
<b>
by - englandfan66_1985 (Mon Dec 1 05:28:18)
</b>
Marian from the first Indy is comming back aswell
<b>
by - the_salmon_king 5 days ago (Tue Dec 2 20:29:08)
</b>
Chindiana Jones
<b>
by - omega_gear3000 5 days ago (Tue Dec 2 23:42:20)
</b>
they shouldnt make it at all they should make a moderen day version with colion farrel in it.
<b>
by - skellington_88 5 days ago (Wed Dec 3 16:10:10)
</b>
Jackie Chan? That's not even something I can comfortably joke about. Jackie could play a more adult 'Shorty' character. But he could never tackle Indy. Without Harrison Ford, the series would and will suck. So he's aged a bit. Who cares? A little excercise and what-have-you and Indy will be back to his Nazi fighting old self again.
As for Chan's involvement, sadly, that sounds like something Lucas would come up with. Or maybe, he'll try to make this one incredibly horrible so the bile called episodes 1,2&3 don't look so bad.
If Lucas is comfirmed to be writing, we can look forward to something like "Indiana Jones and the Search for the Lost Beanie Baby"
<b>
by - spiderscott 3 days ago (Thu Dec 4 19:27:32)
</b>
Um sorry but HarrisonFord had been cast and how can anyone beleive this *beep*?
Ha
Ha
<b>
by - englandfan66_1985 3 days ago (Fri Dec 5 04:40:14)
</b>
Um Sprry bit thats not true. The latest news is the Gary Coleman will be playin Indy.
<b>
by - packerclay 3 days ago (Fri Dec 5 09:10:50)
</b>
What about am ongoing series of Indiana Jones movies with different actors playing Jones over the years? Like what they do with James Bond.
<b>
by - thespark215 2 days ago (Fri Dec 5 21:27:18)
</b>
I had heard this along time ago, and have not heard anything since, so don't anyone think that i and stating fact. I had heard a rumor that this movie was going to be about indiana's daughter, (which i didn't know he had one in the first place) but that the role was given to holly marie Combs, (Piper from Charmed). I do think this would be interesting, and i can certainly see holly in such a role, but as i said before, just a rumor. I think that would be a good way to go with the movie if thats how it is done.
It would still be an Indiana story but with a different lead and also Ford in the movie, and not in an extremely physical role. But now that Holly is pregnant i don't how much time she would have to film the movie and the series and take care of her new child. But you never know. Anywho, I heard that about 6 months to a year ago, so it is still anyones guess. But i want FORD to be Indiana Jones himself the role just wouldn't be the same.

Opinions. I'm not Going To Attack You For Yours, Don't Attack Me For Mine.

<b>
by - mrrox 2 days ago (Sat Dec 6 14:31:56)
</b>
In my opinion, if Harrison is going to be replaced then there is only one actor that can make it work, Branden Fraser. However, if it is going to take place in the 50's then Harrison has aged well for the part.

Replacing the title character may work for James Bond movies but will not work for Indy.

I just hope they get it done before Harrison falls ill or worse.
<b>
by - XSUPLEXMETAZX 1 day ago (Sat Dec 6 19:47:31)
</b>
I agree, you want to make an Indiana Jones Flick, but no one is going to be as good as Harrison Ford, Chan's english is horrible, I mean he can speak good, but it's not going to be Indiana Jones, it's going to be "Jackie Chan and the Blah Blah." It would be a sure way to taint a franchise I'll tell you that much. I thought that Ford was great in Hollywood Homicide, even though the movie didn't too great. He could still come back and mentor maybe a younger Jones. Remember the Young Indiana Jones show, with Sean Patrick Flannery? Seriously though, if they're going make IJ4, they've got to make it with Ford, or there is no use in making the movie.
<b>
by - freak-12 1 day ago (Sun Dec 7 08:32:43)
</b>
it was my understanding from my last conversation with steve-o that jack black was the front runner for either indy or indy's kid. since harrison wanted to direct so bad, speilberg decided to turn over his chair and has instead turned in a beautiful cameo role as a nazi officer with a heart of gold that sees the nobility of the american people, helping indy patch up things with marion and his dad along the way.
<b>
by - wraslor 1 day ago (Sun Dec 7 10:49:32)
</b>
Steven Spielberg called my home yesterday to let me know that Indy will, in fact, be replaced by Michael Clark Duncan.
<b>
by - coldmetal491 1 day ago (Sun Dec 7 13:00:40)
</b>
Harrison Ford will play Indiana. Hopefully Chan gets a part as his sidekick.

<h3>In my opinion, its not all that funny, at least not The Raven funny.</h3> ---intergamer

[Edited by intergamer on 12-08-2003 at 07:11 pm]

MP3

No! I don't mean funny as in "a good joke", I mean it's quite funny to watch these blundering fools from our perspective (we KNOW that HF won't be replaced), and it's especially interesting when you realize that half the people are being sarcastic - but the other half (mainly the ones defending HF) are actually taking this seriousy!

Finn

Staff member
Amen, MP3.
Just the thing I was wondering. How in the heck someone can even miss a joke when it comes to Ford not being the leading star in Indy IV?

westford

Maybe someone watched one too many of the Jackie Chan Adventures cartoons, and thinking they were kinda Indy-esque, fell asleep and had a dream about JC being Indiana Jones. The next day, they woke up and believed the dream was real, so went on the internet and started telling people about how JC is gonna play Indy. It could happen to anyone... :p

Did anyone see Medallion by the way? I only saw a few seconds of it and the 'special effects' were pants, so I decided not to waste 2 hours on it...