Chiller Theatre Convention

Luckylighter

Twice a year, in May and again around Halloween, in Northern New Jersey we have a Horror/Sci-Fi/Nostalgia convention known as Chiller Theatre. Three years ago, I was able to meet Karen Allen, who was one of the celebrity guests.

Anyway, last week I went with my girlfriend, and we both went in costume -- she was Bettie Page, and I was in my Indiana Jones gear. We weren't there 10 minutes when these little kids (couldn't have been more than five years old) squealed "INDY!" And they came running up to me and started hugging me (well, they hugged my leg because that's about as high as they came up to me).

There were three of them, the youngest was probably about 3, and their parents asked if I wouldn't mind posing for a picture with them. So, I got down on one knee and the three kids wrapped their arms around me for the picture. It was so cute! And it's nice to see how popluar Indy still is with children (you hear that Hasbro?)

Luckylighter said:
Twice a year, in May and again around Halloween, in Northern New Jersey we have a Horror/Sci-Fi/Nostalgia convention known as Chiller Theatre. Three years ago, I was able to meet Karen Allen, who was one of the celebrity guests.

Anyway, last week I went with my girlfriend, and we both went in costume -- she was Bettie Page, and I was in my Indiana Jones gear. We weren't there 10 minutes when these little kids (couldn't have been more than five years old) squealed "INDY!" And they came running up to me and started hugging me (well, they hugged my leg because that's about as high as they came up to me).

There were three of them, the youngest was probably about 3, and their parents asked if I wouldn't mind posing for a picture with them. So, I got down on one knee and the three kids wrapped their arms around me for the picture. It was so cute! And it's nice to see how popluar Indy still is with children (you hear that Hasbro?)

great story...where in NJ? Too bad you didn't get a copy of that pic!

:dead: