McDonald's Monopoly film

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member

The board game corner of the Hasbro Cinematic Universe has no plans beyond Clue, Battleship and Ouija. Suddenly there's a bidding war for this article about how last decade (and much of the 90s) McDonald's Monopoly game security chief Jerome Jacobson pocketed every high value game piece. The odds of winning were always very slim, turns out they were zero. Ben Affleck to direct Matt Damon, with Mark Wahlberg pursuing a parallel project.

It might not come together anytime soon though, like Jonah Hill's production of the Game King video poker bug discovered in 2007 by John Kane and Andre Nestor.

These films may never be as good as their source articles. So if you love real life heists, enjoy them now. Like this one about the life of German heiress Anna Delvey in New York. Just give her a movie deal. I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

TheFedora

I remember reading an article about the Monopoly game scam then reading it was made into a movie just a week after I read that article. It was pretty interesting how one guy was pretty much able to rig the entire thing out of what was supposed to be a secure operation. Even more interesting to read about how the different pieces are supposedly separated widely by geography and of course the ones that you NEEDED to complete your grand prize are the SUPER RARE ones that nobody has.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Never say never: of course Hasbro Studios has plenty of non-action figure films in the pipeline. Their answer to the Lego Movie is Play-Doh. And Ridley Scott was once attached to Monopoly? This is what comes to mind for Magic the Gathering the Movie.
TheFedora said:
the ones that you NEEDED to complete your grand prize are the SUPER RARE ones
It's no secret, the last property alphabetically in each group is rare. But only McDonald's knows how many pieces are discarded or ignored and never claimed.

Gear

So, it was all really just Craps, like McD's food in general.

.. I'll walk myself out.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Meanwhile the HBO documentary series McMillions appeared.

thr_issue_23_con_queen_cover.jpg

Another recent scam was the Indonesian impersonator of female film executives (actually a dude?) who gave aspiring filmmakers the runaround. If you think Kathleen Kennedy has been calling you, contact the FBI.
Earlier this year, when Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy learned that she had been impersonated, she informed Disney’s internal security. A spokesperson for Kennedy says she refers all cases of fraud to law enforcement.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Another heist - that actually was a show - that would make a great show. From the director of the bomb 47 Ronin, and nothing else.

The Strange $55 Million Saga of a Netflix Series You’ll Never See
(Carl Rinsch) took her to a scenic lookout in the Hollywood hills and pointed at planes overhead. They were “organic, intelligent forces” that “came to say hi,” he told her, according to Ms. Rosés’s filing in the divorce case. He also sent her texts claiming that he could predict lightning strikes and volcanic eruptions. ... He claimed, among other things, to have found a way to map “the coronavirus signal emanating from within the earth."

From about 5 years ago when streamers were throwing money around.