Making of Temple of Doom PBS (1984)

indyclone25

i have a copy of "the making of temple" it was sent to me and then i took out the stops from the show , where it was a pledge drive and made it more like a one shot , i got my copy from mitch hallock, thanks mitch!! great show .(y)

AndyLGR

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I thought I'd tag it on to this making of TOD thread, its from the UK science show Horizon, it was an episode discussing special effects.

It features how they built certain scenes from Star Wars, Indiana Jones and 2010. Specifically for Indy it features the TOD mine car chase, the TOD water coming out of the mine, the Raiders warehouse end shot and the TOD rope bridge.

micsteam

I'm in your boat AndyLGR, I don't know if the subject had been posted here on the Raven before. I don't believe I've seen your special you are talking about but PBS did have a making of TOD back in 1985-86, it was a full documentary that is probably on (if I can remember) the 2012 BluRay release of the Quadrilogy if not then maybe the 2003-2004 DVD releases. I remember the making of TOD on PBS as they were using it as a way of garnering $$ pledges to PBS at the time, Spielberg and Lucas held back on the release of TOD on VHS/Beta until Fall 1986.. which was over a full two years after the release of TOD !! :hat:

Last edited:

micsteam

Sorry guys, I see this has been posted on here before. Yeah, IndyClone got a copy from Mitch whom probably taped the broadcast I'm talking about from back then !! :eek:

raiders1

4 of those documentaries are on the myspleen torrent site.

Also I have scans of both the Great movie stunts, and the Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark on 16mm scanned. Those will come out at some point.

Not sure if it will be cleaned and restored, or released as is.

raiders1

Here's the 7.5 minute TOD segment from Lights, Camera, Action (1984). Grab it while you can!

30MB

And while you watch it, remember what Spielberg has since said: "There isn't an ounce of my own personal feeling in that movie".

emtiem

Here's the 7.5 minute TOD segment from Lights, Camera, Action (1984). Grab it while you can!

30MB

And while you watch it, remember what Spielberg has since said: "There isn't an ounce of my own personal feeling in that movie".
Interesting early version of the Indiana Jones logo at the start of that: note the I has no serifs.