indyclone25's indy themed backyard area

indyclone25

hello folks,
my wife gave me a corner of her garden to do a Indiana Jones themed set.
after working on it for about 3 weeks we finished on father's day
( we still need moss for the idol altar) but i think it looks cool , let me know what you think
what the yard section looked like at first
100_9026.jpg

then with some plants and tiki lights ( solar powered --- from kmart)
100_9120.jpg

then with some cement to make a patway with cement stencil
backyard016.jpg

i chimeara ( hope i spelled that right) and added some plants inside the mouth
backyard031.jpg

then i bought some bamboo furniture and bamboo stick and fencing
backyard011.jpg

backyard018.jpg

and then making masks from a kit sold at kmart to hang on the fence with planters behind to make it look cool
backyard008.jpg

backyard007.jpg

then some more add ons , and old trash can filled with expanding foam to make it look like rock and spray paint
backyard026.jpg

backyard032.jpg

and ta, da!!! finished ( except for moss on the altar)!!
backyard045.jpg

indyclone25

it was a labor of love , lol but i like it and i can't wait to have my friends over on the 4th of july and have them see it up close ....:D

indyclone25

Indy Geek said:
I wonder what it will do if you replace a sand bag for the idol????Hum?????:D
are you crazy!!!? do you know what it costs for a giant boulder? it not 1936 anymore , or ancient peru/ lol:D :D :D :D :D

russds

That is awesome. Must be fun to bring people over and show them. Nice work! (you must not have young kids....as that would all be destroyed in less then 2 days) :)

(I have two young boys) :)

indyclone25

russds said:
That is awesome. Must be fun to bring people over and show them. Nice work! (you must not have young kids....as that would all be destroyed in less then 2 days) :)

(I have two young boys) :)

i just have my son , but he's 16 , so yeah , not young ,, lol

russds

indyclone25 said:
i just have my son , but he's 16 , so yeah , not young ,, lol
Nice. Just curious, does he know of or enjoy Indy? My sons are 4 and 9 months. The 4 year old is already growing fond of Indy via Lego Indiana Jones video games, and the sound track which I play in my car all the time. (he can even hum the main theme! :) )

He's seen parts of LC and KOTCS, but I'm looking forward to when I can sit with him and show him all 4.

indyclone25

well he has a screename here--- indyclonejr.
but he rarely leaves any notes, he likes the movie and has all the gear, but it is a toss up between his movie making and film reviews he does on youtube ...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
well he has a screename here--- indyclonejr.
but he rarely leaves any notes, he likes the movie and has all the gear, but it is a toss up between his movie making and film reviews he does on youtube ...

...and the ladies.:whip:

Stoo

Mark, that is damned cool! I decked out my rooftop patio with fern plants and oil-burning tiki lamps to create a jungle vibe but you've gone above & beyond that. Way to go!(y)

You should mount a flashlight to point down onto your stone path, replicating the beam of the light trap! Show it off at night during night-time BBQs!(y)

Goodeknight

Awesome!!

I was hoping for a wide shot like the latest you posted.

backyardpictures010.jpg

For this planter, all you need are some necklaces made out of fingers. I don't know if your wife would go for that, though...
backyard008.jpg

Stoo

goodeknight said:
For this planter, all you need are some necklaces made out of fingers.
Goodeknight, that is an excellent idea! Do it, Mark!:gun:

Anyway, the moss is a nice touch and the whole thing looks freaking fantastic.

indyclone25

goodeknight said:
Awesome!!

I was hoping for a wide shot like the latest you posted.

backyardpictures010.jpg

For this planter, all you need are some necklaces made out of fingers. I don't know if your wife would go for that, though...
backyard008.jpg
hmmmmm ? maybe some sun dried hot dogs? but that could get smelly? eeewwwww!!!! hey 3200 postS !!!!!!!!! yay!!!