Widescreen DVD or Full Screen??

intergamer

hmm

I think that widescreen is better

but since when aren't people allowed to have their own opinions?

jeez, fisk, i thought better of you

there are reasons why full screen is good. It has advantages, as does widescreen, and i alternate between the two

some people like full screen better, and you don't have to "educate" them like a religious fanatic: there are valid reasons why they prefer "Pan and Scan"...I have a decently sized TV (32 inches), but i still am annoyed sometimes by the lack of picture in a lot of the screen when i watch widescreen movies. And I have a partly widescreen tv (it is half way between normal and widescreen).

chill

this topic is dead

but to the person who started it, buy widescreen

Canyon

Re: Re: hmm

Renderking Fisk said:
See, now that's where you went wrong. I'm a bad, bad man... and I need to be punished. I'm naugty! Spank me... please! Hit me baby... one more time!

<small>I thought that was what your wife was for... Bad Fisky! :)</small>

spohlso

OK, this is getting kind opf creepy, let's just get back to arguing that wide screen rules (and full screen drools!)

Coldfyre

Widescreen. There's simply no reason to do otherwise (no GOOD reason, anyway... I guess you could do one of those lame "but I want it to fill up my entire screen because... uh... just because!" reasons...). It's the way the movie was originally meant to be seen. Don't settle for less.

Canyon

Renderking Fisk said:
"It's the way the movie was originally meant to be seen. "

That just ENDS the argument... doesn't it.

Y'know. I was literally about to say the exact same thing! :D

intergamer

lion.jpg

Indiana Jones: Now, if I could only go back to the beginning and get my pants the right color!

Last edited:

Patrick

The Raven isn't split between the Widescreen elite and the Fullscreen neanderthals, It's just me hopelessly trying to arguing with tiny vocabulary. Oh well, I didn't put too much thought into it... You guy's went through 4 pages without me.

intergamer

Patrick said:
The Raven isn't split between the Widescreen elite and the Fullscreen neanderthals, It's just me hopelessly trying to arguing with tiny vocabulary. Oh well, I didn't put too much thought into it... You guy's went through 4 pages without me.

Forget neanderthal: a lot of people on the Raven are like Homo Habilis or Australopithecus afarensis or something.

Well, us Homo Sapien Sapiens have better things to do then to talk to you. We out evolved you years ago.

Ha ha, homo erectus: i just got the joke (not really, I just like to hear my self talk, so I'm ramblin' on). Hmm..hear my self talk? look at myself type?

At any rate...*starts mumbling indistinctly...mumble mumble

Patrick

Yeah, I can't begin any argument. In fact I can summarize my whole "thing" ( hard to describe without insulting myself) With one question: How can you call it Pan and Scam? I know that you are seeing less of what you were intended to see, image, but it still doesn't make it a bad idea. Should we lower the price of the Full Screen ?

spohlso

I know that you are seeing less of what you were intended to see, image, but it still doesn't make it a bad idea

Yes it does. Seeing less is a bad idea.

Should we lower the price of the Full Screen ?

I think so. It is definitely worth less. Although, from a business standpoint, why bother? If people are willing to pay full price there's no point in asking for less.

Randy_Flagg

Argghh! Watching this debate is like watching people argue over whether or not yogurt tastes good! It's a matter of preference, and there's no right or wrong answer. The reason they make two different formats is because different people prefer different things. There's no need to convert anybody to anything.

Everyone: Buy whichever version you want and enjoy it. Don't waste your breath defending it. If you spent your money on it and you like it then nothing else matters. Sheesh... why do I feel like I'm a school teacher again? I thought those days were long behind me.

Randy_Flagg

Renderking Fisk said:
It's a matter of preference, and there's no right or wrong answer?

I don't agree. When I got to rent a video and I see they only have it in "Full-Scream" I won't rent it. I don't even bother. I've even mentioned to the clerk why.

I won't pay full price for only 2/3rds the movie. Won't happen.

PS - I don't feel tardy, the dog ate my homework and can I borrow a pencil?

All you're saying here is that you PREFER the widescreen editions. That's my point. It doesn't make it right or wrong, it just means you happen to enjoy it more that way. It's better for YOU, but necessarily for someone else. Going back to the yogurt analogy... oh, why bother? You get what I'm saying, surely.

On a side note-- You "don't feel tardy"?? You DO know that tardy means late, don't you? I'm not sure that's what you wanted to say. And I don't accept any excuses about homework.