2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Kyle_Babbitt

The new sets are finally out at places other then Toys "R" us, I picked up the remaining sets I needed from Target and Walmart today. Makes you wonder if everyone but TRU had a release date of Augest 1st.

Last edited:

Trennas

And now, for something completely different, I present to you what could possibly be the worst product description ever for a Lego product. Just bumped into this while I was browsing the online websites of the Dutch toy stores and my o my, has someone mixed up their Indy movies (y)

See the Intertoys Temple of Doom set description here! This is in Dutch, so allow me to freely translate it for you:

After many fights, Indy, Short Round and Willie return Oxley's skull to El Dorado. Next to the three main characters, this is also the intention of the Soviets, because then they will be granted magical powers.

When they reunite the skull with its body, the Soviets burst in! Because of the magical force rays coming from the skeleton, the Temple of Doom begins to crumble and cave in!

Indy, Short Round and Willie jump into a mine cart and escape the Temple! They also manage to escape the horrible Mola Ram. While they descend they run into multiple Soviet traps, but they make it to the exit of the magical Temple. But will the enemy make it out as well?

All in all quite imaginative, don't you think?! (y)

Trennas

I know, right? I just hope that whatever genius wrote the description never becomes a part of old George's personal story development team :p

On another note, I just couldn't resist picking up the Venice Chase set as well, which sits right beside me on my desk, being all freshly built and all! Those little fez' are just adorable!

QBComics

I got the Temple of Doom yesterday for my birthday, and it's pretty good. I really like the detail in the mini-figures. The set itself is pretty good as well. I am disappointed how they put the Mine Cart under the trap door, instead of having the cage and the lava pit.

All in all a great set, my second favorite.

Trennas

Happy belated birthday! :D

It does sound and look like an awesome set! It will definitely be the next one I'm getting! Once I have some money again, that is :p

monkey man

Borders had a coupon for 40% off on Lego sets. Picked up Cairo Ambush for $6.59 and the Cemetery set for $11.99. They didn't have the TOD set or I would have jumped on that one too.
Anyone interested in these sets might want to watch for another coupon. This weeks coupon is only for 20% off. Not bad but not 40%.

Kyle_Babbitt

Here's the official LEGO statement:

We have had strong results over the last two years with LEGO Indiana Jones play sets based on both the four movies, and we look forward to the 2nd LEGO IJ Video game launching later this year. Both the play sets and the video games will continue throughout 2010.

As you know, we aren?t able to comment on future product development, but we do share information with press and fans like yourself in as timely a manner as possible. What I can tell you is that we constantly evaluate licensed properties to see which ones fit best with the LEGO brand and play pattern and that we believe will capture the interest and imagination of LEGO fans around the world.

Trennas

Well, that's some good news actually :) Seems like they're not giving up on Indy anytime soon. Nice to know that there will be some new stuff to enjoy throughout the next year as well :)

Crack that whip

*whew*

:) :D

So... let the 2010 speculation / daydreaming begin! How about a Lao Che Air Freight Trimotor? Not only could it make for a fine set, but it would fit the trend of $50 plane sets (begun with Peril in Peru, continued with Fight on the Flying Wing and most recently manifested in Fighter Plane Attack) - in fact, it'd actually mean there'd be one plane-centered set at that price point for each movie.

What else? I don't know whether they'd do it, but I think an Indy circus train set would be fantastic, and would actually be a plausible set (any train set might be viable, actually, since it would also appeal to LEGO Trains enthusiasts, and thus might make even sets based on the TV show worth doing).

Edit: Oops, almost forgot to ask - Kyle, where'd you see that message? Do you have a link?

Kyle_Babbitt

Crack that whip said:
*whew*

:) :D

So... let the 2010 speculation / daydreaming begin! How about a Lao Che Air Freight Trimotor? Not only could it make for a fine set, but it would fit the trend of $50 plane sets (begun with Peril in Peru, continued with Fight on the Flying Wing and most recently manifested in Fighter Plane Attack) - in fact, it'd actually mean there'd be one plane-centered set at that price point for each movie.

What else? I don't know whether they'd do it, but I think an Indy circus train set would be fantastic, and would actually be a plausible set (any train set might be viable, actually, since it would also appeal to LEGO Trains enthusiasts, and thus might make even sets based on the TV show worth doing).

Edit: Oops, almost forgot to ask - Kyle, where'd you see that message? Do you have a link?

It was posted by Jeremy over on the RS boards.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfl...61235&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=2

Dewy9

Hmm... Jeremy said:

Well just to be sure I asked "Just to clarify do you mean new sets will “continue throughout 2010” or will just the old sets be available?" and the answer was "The sets from 2009 will continue through 2010."

Hmmm....

Rhys135

Excellent. It would of had seemed weird not to release any new set's after the next video game methinks.

One more wave methinks, as there doesn't seem to be that much more they can do. We better be seeing a LC tank set!