Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

monkey man

My Henry is on the way too.
There are some nice pics the Sideshow Collector's site. This might be the best figure yet. I thought the Medicom Henry was good but the SS figure looks better. Can't wait.

Mr. Fusion

I received mine a few days ago. I took a few quick pictures last night.

Father and son

JMKsSideshowHenryJonesSr.jpg

JMKsSideshowHenryJonesSr2.jpg

A Tale of Two Henrys (Medicom vs Sideshow)

JMKsSideshowHenryJonesSr7.jpg

JMKsSideshowHenryJonesSr5.jpg

With Sideshow's first Connery figure, James Bond from Dr. No

JMKsSideshowHenryJonesSr9.jpg

JMKsSideshowHenryJonesSr8.jpg

I need to take some shots of the accessories, which are fantastic. I was able to get the Exclusive which has the Grail tablet.

Montana Smith

Mr. Fusion said:
I received mine a few days ago. I took a few quick pictures last night.

Mr Fusion, thanks for posting those pictures. You have a nice collection going on there.

The material used for the clothes is quite different: Medicom's is heavier, and Sideshow's thinner. Although the heavier suit looks higher quality, the Sideshow version seems to fit better, it folds more realistically, and also, interstingly, has more detail on te waistcoat. The stitching looks quite prominent on the Sideshow suit, but that might be an effect of the photograph, as I know from my own cost that cameras have a tendency to sometimes pick out details you don't notice in real life.

I haven't bought a 1/6 figure in a long while, but a heads up from another Ravener about Play.com's reduced price for the Medicom RAH River Phoenix Young Indy (£39.99 delivered), has tempted me back. :D

Mr. Fusion

Thanks, Montana. I completely agree with you on the clothes. Luckily the pants were pretty long, as well. That allowed my brother to lengthen the legs.

As for my collection, I have well over 50 figures and growing. Ben, my brother, also has 50+ 1/6 figures. We REALLY need to stop!:eek: It's expensive, space reducing but fun.:) And thanks for the heads up on the River Indy. Looks like I'll have another 1/6 figure before soon.

Montana Smith

Mr. Fusion said:
As for my collection, I have well over 50 figures and growing. Ben, my brother, also has 50+ 1/6 figures. We REALLY need to stop!:eek: It's expensive, space reducing but fun.:) And thanks for the heads up on the River Indy. Looks like I'll have another 1/6 figure before soon.

I've lost count of my 1/6 collection. At one time I filled two glass cabinets, including the tops of them, just with 12" figures. Now they're all back in their boxes and the cabinets are filled with smaller scales. Most of my figures are by Dragon and BBI but there is a Yamato (Twilight Magic?) Clint Eastwood and Sharon Stone, a couple of anime Medicoms. So far I think I only have two Sideshow - Abe Sapien from Hellboy and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer who has a good likeness facewise, but a very skinny body. She'd look better on a Cy Girl body (cos they fill their clothes so well!).

I just went up into the attic to open a few of the boxes, and the quality, of the Dragons especially, still blows me away. I think I've got the bug again - expensive and space reducing, as you say...

Now soon I'll hopefully have my first 1/6 Indy figure (apart from a Hasbro talking one and the bootleg 'Adventurer' Indy).

Montana Smith

This may not be of interest to residents of the US (where all the toys are so much cheaper than here in the UK :mad: ), but Forbidden Planet have the Sideshow Raiders Indiana Jones 12" down to £49.99 plus £2.50 delivery.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=43370

I found lots of non-promo photos of him here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenmoo2005/page255/

between pages 255 and 259.

I've managed to blag this one as a Christmas present, so I can say with certainty that the 1/6 bug has struck once more. :D